Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The voice of something not human

UM-Bot

By: Redacted File | Location: Baldwin Hills, Los Angeles

We used to visit my grandparents in L.A. for Christmas growing up. The top floor bedroom of their L.A. home still housed the beds of my great grandpa and grandma. My parents would stay in these beds when we would visit for Christmas. The bed that was my great grandfathers had the stain from the wax he would wear in his hair still on the fabric cushion of the headboard. In his bed, no one could sleep in without the feeling like someone was standing over you watching you. 

More: https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/stories/112411/the-voice-of-something-not-human

• Like 1

One more case to add to my cumulative list of people's paranormal claims.  With internet sharing and cable TV I have stories coming out of my ears.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

One more case to add to my cumulative list of people's paranormal claims.  With internet sharing and cable TV I have stories coming out of my ears.

Do you have any stories of your own?

• Thanks 1

Just now, Desertrat56 said:

Do you have any stories of your own?

I had an experience of requesting a prank from a known prankster spirit; Erik of Channeling Erik.

One day I called out for Erik to play a prank on me as these are his typical calling cards. I tried to keep a focus for a bit in my effort. Asked my deceased dad to give Erik a nudge too.

I experienced what I believe to be two pranks by Erik.

The first was my neck pillow I use when on the computer. It went missing and I tore the house up looking for it. And then there it was in the back seat of my car. I live alone and verified the only other person with a key was 100 miles away.

Of course my mind hounded for a normal explanation. Maybe I wore the neck pillow out of the house, realized it and chucked it in the backseat. Or somehow it just landed there when I went out with it on. However, with either of those explanations, the location in the car still didn’t really make sense.

I humorously called out, ‘Erik, is that you?’. No audible response of course.

A day or two later, I pulled my car into the same place in the garage and went to open the garage door to the house and it was locked. I never lock that door from the outside and it would have required a conscious effort against all my normal routine of doing things.

I then said ‘Thank you, Erik!’. I later learned that throwing deadbolts was a known prank of Erik.

A hard-core skeptic can doubt my honesty and competency and what can I say except that I believe these events are highly likely to be paranormal.

I’ll finish by reminding readers that one of Erik’s hallmark traits is harmless paranormal pranks. My story is one of so many.

Edit: The request for a prank was made while I for whatever hopeful reasons was using a ouija board by myself. Nothing happened at the time and I left the planchette in the middle. I waited to see if it would move. A day or two later I noticed the planchette a good foot  or more away from the center spot where I left it. Being an open-minded skeptic myself, I assumed I must have done it somehow. (I live alone with no pets). Again I actually suspect this was paranormal but I’m cautious. So, there were probably actually three incidents.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I had an experience of requesting a prank from a known prankster spirit; Erik of Channeling Erik.

One day I called out for Erik to play a prank on me as these are his typical calling cards. I tried to keep a focus for a bit in my effort. Asked my deceased dad to give Erik a nudge too.

I experienced what I believe to be two pranks by Erik.

The first was my neck pillow I use when on the computer. It went missing and I tore the house up looking for it. And then there it was in the back seat of my car. I live alone and verified the only other person with a key was 100 miles away.

Of course my mind hounded for a normal explanation. Maybe I wore the neck pillow out of the house, realized it and chucked it in the backseat. Or somehow it just landed there when I went out with it on. However, with either of those explanations, the location in the car still didn’t really make sense.

I humorously called out, ‘Erik, is that you?’. No audible response of course.

A day or two later, I pulled my car into the same place in the garage and went to open the garage door to the house and it was locked. I never lock that door from the outside and it would have required a conscious effort against all my normal routine of doing things.

I then said ‘Thank you, Erik!’. I later learned that throwing deadbolts was a known prank of Erik.

A hard-core skeptic can doubt my honesty and competency and what can I say except that I believe these events are highly likely to be paranormal.

I’ll finish by reminding readers that one of Erik’s hallmark traits is harmless paranormal pranks. My story is one of so many.

Edit: The request for a prank was made while I for whatever hopeful reasons was using a ouija board by myself. Nothing happened at the time and I left the planchette in the middle. I waited to see if it would move. A day or two later I noticed the planchette a good foot  or more away from the center spot where I left it. Being an open-minded skeptic myself, I assumed I must have done it somehow. (I live alone with no pets). Again I actually suspect this was paranormal but I’m cautious. So, there were probably actually three incidents.

Thank you for your answer.  I am not a hard core skeptic.  I consider myself a rational skeptic that understands there are things we don't know, can't prove that are real.  I have had many experiences but based on your posts I don't recall you ever mentioning your own experiences to validate/justify your strong belief in all things paranormal.  I have had a lot of experiences and I have known a lot of people who make stuff up because they want to be special, that is where my skepticism comes from.  Not everyone is telling the truth when they claim they have had an experience.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Desertrat56 said:

Thank you for your answer.  I am not a hard core skeptic.  I consider myself a rational skeptic that understands there are things we don't know, can't prove that are real.  I have had many experiences but based on your posts I don't recall you ever mentioning your own experiences to validate/justify your strong belief in all things paranormal.  I have had a lot of experiences and I have known a lot of people who make stuff up because they want to be special, that is where my skepticism comes from.  Not everyone is telling the truth when they claim they have had an experience.

I would hold the same beliefs even if I have never had a personal experience. My beliefs are based on my best assessment with all things considered. As I've said many times I believe the majority tell the truth about this kind of stuff and intentional liars make up only a small minority. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I would hold the same beliefs even if I have never had a personal experience. My beliefs are based on my best assessment with all things considered. As I've said many times I believe the majority tell the truth about this kind of stuff and intentional liars make up only a small minority. 

Well, there are some who may not be intentional liars, but mis interpret or mis understand the experience.

• Like 3

Just now, Desertrat56 said:

Well, there are some who may not be intentional liars, but mis interpret or mis understand the experience.

That I agree with.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

One more case to add to my cumulative list of people's paranormal claims.

What an extraordinary pity that the plural of anecdotes is not data.  Let alone knowledge, let alone wisdom.

An understanding of society, culture, the limits of perception/memory, and most importantly psychology is the key.  Not running around and in the absence of any actual evidence, collecting bedtime/campfire tales.

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ChrLzs said:

What an extraordinary pity that the plural of anecdotes is not data.  Let alone knowledge, let alone wisdom.

An understanding of society, culture, the limits of perception/memory, and most importantly psychology is the key.  Not running around and in the absence of any actual evidence, collecting bedtime/campfire tales.

A body of anecdotal evidence analyzed with all things considered can alter my understanding of how reality works. Observation (of the paranormal) can precede the scientific understanding is my position.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Sorry, but reading that initial post sounds to me like an entirely contrived story, done by a seasoned writer.

Obvious to me anyway.

• Like 1

Don't want to pull the thread too much. No pun intended. I am pretty open minded. I had an experience like yours years ago when we all flew out for m Grandpas memorial. I chose unknowingly his favorite chair in which to sleep. Woke up and I felt like he was there in the room. It can been debunked with numerous intriguing neurochemical or psychological proposals, but I chose to go with my gut and believe otherwise. I can usually tell during or later if there's an anomalous occurrence when I sleep. Who's to say that's no true instead. Perhaps the grief was suppressed and huge and sleep often can be the way it leaks out. Just have to remember to not to forget to check into things before drawing any conclusions.

Edited by kidagakash
  • Like 1

I have had an occurring experience.  I put my sunglasses down...and when I come back...they're gone!   If that isn't paranormal what is?   Either paranormal or someone broke into my house and stole nothing but my sunglasses...not likely since I wear cheap sunglasses.  

So, yeah...I have to go with either a ghost took my sunglasses and hid them from me.  Or someone like Erik with Supernatural Paranormic Powers stole my sunglasses and put them in my closet.  Under a shirt even.  Weird.  That sort of thing is totally bizarre.  I too have found the garage deadbolt locked.  And I didn't even ask anyone to mess with me. It is definitely something I don't do...and it does require a concerted amount of effort.  First, I would have to grab the deadbolt and then turn it like I do all the other deadbolts on all the other doors in my house.  Something strange is afoot.  ...or, a hand as the case may be.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

To this day I cannot forget two major experiences I had 30 years ago as a child. The first incident happened at the shores of the Black Sea while I was camping at Eforie Nord. I was about 9 years older, around 1am near my tent  I've heard some sort screaming non human: a combination between a woman, turkey,  demon, child laugh, goat all combined together. I cannot describe it but it terrified me. Years later 800 km away in western Romania again while camping have heard again. Within weeks after this second incident, my hair became partially white at 18 years older, true story :(

Edited by qxcontinuum
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/17/2020 at 7:45 PM, papageorge1 said:

Better that than grandfather's ear wax.

• Haha 1

• 1 year later...
On 1/24/2021 at 4:46 AM, joc said:

I have had an occurring experience.  I put my sunglasses down...and when I come back...they're gone!   If that isn't paranormal what is?   Either paranormal or someone broke into my house and stole nothing but my sunglasses...not likely since I wear cheap sunglasses.  

Same here, however, from time to time I've a few ... ah , bit of entertainment come through, so like my exceptional French art pens sets and rare books that go missing, I cchalk it up to all the super fine sports etc. sunglasses that go missing, oh a typo , shocking.

My 3 cents

. , , --nosy   [ a bit more than ear wax ]

Edited by Nosy.Matters

20 minutes ago, netindtm said:

Did you ever feel scared or terrified?

No love the paranormal from friendly sources (which is all I’ve ever experienced).

• Like 1

12 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

No love the paranormal from friendly sources (which is all I’ve ever experienced).

Why do you think they respond to our contact?

10 hours ago, netindtm said:

Why do you think they respond to our contact?

Different reasons perhaps for each experience. But the simple one may just be 'we are here!'.

On 11/20/2021 at 11:22 PM, qxcontinuum said:

To this day I cannot forget two major experiences I had 30 years ago as a child. The first incident happened at the shores of the Black Sea while I was camping at Eforie Nord. I was about 9 years older, around 1am near my tent  I've heard some sort screaming non human: a combination between a woman, turkey,  demon, child laugh, goat all combined together. I cannot describe it but it terrified me. Years later 800 km away in western Romania again while camping have heard again. Within weeks after this second incident, my hair became partially white at 18 years older, true story :(

Panther?  I heard one once...scared me to death...I ran like a little girl all the way back to the house.