Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Time slip .?experience.

diddyman68

When i looked back at something that happened to me as a kid,i thought nothing of it at the time but now it all seems a bit weird.

Anyway to set the scene,growing up i lived in a street that had 6 houses facing another 6 houses with a field inbetween,where all the kids used to play football,bulldog rounders etc.

At the bottom of the field was a play pen,a space surrounded by a wooden fence where we would play tennis ,football etc.

Anyway this summer night there was about 30 of us kids playing bulldog,and a few of us were still in the game,i made it to the playpen and was standing on the top of a seat.

All of a sudden my feet slip and i go face first into the fence surrounding the playpen.so a bunch of kids pick me up and run to my house coz theres blood pouring from my mouth.

So my parents run water over my mouth and the bleeding stops but my gums are all grazed and bloodied and i have a fat lip.

Looking back ,i woke up the next day totally normal,no cuts or grazes,no fat lip.i even remember going into the back garden next morning,it was a hot day,sitting with my dad and chatting.neither of us mentioned what happened the night before,

We kids all played together that night as well but I can't remember a single kid mention my faceplant into the fence or me mention it to anyone .

It was like the incident never happened,we were a tight knit group,and im still in touch with a lot of them via facebook ,we even have a facebook group for our estate where we share stories etc,but no one remembers this.

So timeslip,false memory or a case of kids just getting on with life 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

To bad you didn't mention it with your dad the next day while the memory was fresh. It may have seemed a relatively minor injury to others and soon forgotten perhaps. Hard to understand why your lip wasn't sore the next day.

• Like 1

Thats one of the weird things @papageorge1 i got up the next day and it never entered my mind that the night before my mouth was all mangled up.

The swelling should have lasted a few days at least.along with a few loose teeth.

I just got up the next day as normal,

It just seems weird nobody including me ,the next day gave it a second thought.

Thank you for sharing. 

Time and its seeming flexibility and subjectivity has been a constant companion throughout my life.

My wife and I have each had multiple time slip experiences, two in particular from the 90's while living in NYC worth sharing.

No time now, but this weekend I'll either locate them in my journals, or type them up again and share them here.  Those two are always fresh in mind.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm confused by the time slip theory, why do you feel it may have been that?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TashaMarie said:

I'm confused by the time slip theory, why do you feel it may have been that?

Mainly because when i woke up next day there was no evidence of what happened the night before,no marks,no discomfort.

It was like that small portion of time was just snipped from existence.

It may be a false memory or dream,but im pretty sure it happened.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, diddyman68 said:

Mainly because when i woke up next day there was no evidence of what happened the night before,no marks,no discomfort.

It was like that small portion of time was just snipped from existence.

It may be a false memory or dream,but im pretty sure it happened.

Ah okay.  Some dreams do leave you feeling that way at times. That can seem unbelievably real.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

This is an unrelated story but is sort of time slip related. When I lived in my previous house I would cycle 5 miles to the next town and cycle the 5 miles back for excersise. It usually took me about an hour as my average speed was around 9 miles an hour. It was along a country road with few cars, just fields and a forest that was near my house. I did the cycle ride quite a few times and when I was on the return journey I knew that when the forest was on my left I was nearly home. One lovely clear morning I had set out to do the usual cycle route and had reached the next town. I turned round for the return trip and exited the village and continued on towards home. What seemed like a few minutes later I noticed the forest was on my left. I thought that was rather odd as it would normally be at least 20 minutes to reach that point. Sure enough, it was the forest near my house and I was home a few minutes later. Had I just been so absorbed in cycling on such a lovely day that it seemed time went so quickly or had something else happened? Unfortunately I didn't take a note of the time I left home and returned but it did seem much quicker than usual.

Edited by sanchez710
Incorrect number
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, sanchez710 said:

This is an unrelated story but is sort of time slip related. When I lived in my previous house I would cycle 5 miles to the next town and cycle the 5 miles back for excersise. It usually took me about an hour as my average speed was around 9 miles an hour. It was along a country road with few cars, just fields and a forest that was near my house. I did the cycle ride quite a few times and when I was on the return journey I knew that when the forest was on my left I was nearly home. One lovely clear morning I had set out to do the usual cycle route and had reached the next town. I turned round for the return trip and exited the village and continued on towards home. What seemed like a few minutes later I noticed the forest was on my left. I thought that was rather odd as it would normally be at least 20 minutes to reach that point. Sure enough, it was the forest near my house and I was home a few minutes later. Had I just been so absorbed in cycling on such a lovely day that it seemed time went so quickly or had something else happened? Unfortunately I didn't take a note of the time I left home and returned but it did seem much quicker than usual.

Hate to admit it but I have been driving somewhere and when I get to my destination I have no memory of the route in real time.
Some things we do so often we operate largely on muscle memory, and if nothing untoward happens on the drive we get away with it.  I have even been showering and after I have got out have asked myself, did I rinse my hair?, as I can’t actually remember doing it, but I can feel my hair and see that I have.  So much is automatic in our lives, especially the routine stuff.  Amazing really, we don’t become croppers more often.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Susanc241 said:

Hate to admit it but I have been driving somewhere and when I get to my destination I have no memory of the route in real time.
Some things we do so often we operate largely on muscle memory, and if nothing untoward happens on the drive we get away with it.  I have even been showering and after I have got out have asked myself, did I rinse my hair?, as I can’t actually remember doing it, but I can feel my hair and see that I have.  So much is automatic in our lives, especially the routine stuff.  Amazing really, we don’t become croppers more often.

Yes, that happens to me too. I for example often go out to check if I have put a parking permit on the dashboard of my car since I have no memory of doing it but it is always there anyway.

• Like 1

On 11/17/2020 at 11:30 PM, diddyman68 said:

When i looked back at something that happened to me as a kid,i thought nothing of it at the time but now it all seems a bit weird.

Anyway to set the scene,growing up i lived in a street that had 6 houses facing another 6 houses with a field inbetween,where all the kids used to play football,bulldog rounders etc.

At the bottom of the field was a play pen,a space surrounded by a wooden fence where we would play tennis ,football etc.

Anyway this summer night there was about 30 of us kids playing bulldog,and a few of us were still in the game,i made it to the playpen and was standing on the top of a seat.

All of a sudden my feet slip and i go face first into the fence surrounding the playpen.so a bunch of kids pick me up and run to my house coz theres blood pouring from my mouth.

So my parents run water over my mouth and the bleeding stops but my gums are all grazed and bloodied and i have a fat lip.

Looking back ,i woke up the next day totally normal,no cuts or grazes,no fat lip.i even remember going into the back garden next morning,it was a hot day,sitting with my dad and chatting.neither of us mentioned what happened the night before,

We kids all played together that night as well but I can't remember a single kid mention my faceplant into the fence or me mention it to anyone .

It was like the incident never happened,we were a tight knit group,and im still in touch with a lot of them via facebook ,we even have a facebook group for our estate where we share stories etc,but no one remembers this.

So timeslip,false memory or a case of kids just getting on with life 

When these incidents happen I wonder if the pathways forward through the multiverse where you die get closed off. Leaving you with a weird timeslip experience.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

When these incidents happen I wonder if the pathways forward through the multiverse where you die get closed off. Leaving you with a weird timeslip experience.

Hello how it going Cookie Monster:D

My wife was walking back from the park in Brooklyn when she experienced her time slip.  This would be mid 90's.

She'd left the 5th street entrance of the park and was heading west back home, so I expect she was still on 5th when this occured.  Doesn't really matter.

That whole neighborhood still used gas lamps while we lived there back through the 90's.  As often happens, her mind had drifted as she walked a familiar path but as she neared 4th avenue and was ready to turn right and head more toward home... of a sudden... she 'came to' and her awareness peaked as she realized for the last few blocks, she'd been walking down streets made of cobblestone and listening to the sound of the horses hooves as they drew the carriages up the road alongside her.  She also noted she was walking in the street... as there was no appreciable curb or sidewalk.  This all registered as she became aware that she'd just walked through a few blocks of Brooklyn in the era before cars.  Full immersion.

She became consciously aware of the experience at the tail end of it, but as she neared the edge of 'the bubble' (as she described it, it was akin to walking through a bubble) as she neared the end, the sound of the horse's hooves on the stones brought her to full awareness as the view of cobble transitioned to asphalt.

My experience was similar in that it was full immersion, but full immersion with full conscious awareness during episode and it was rather shorter than her experience. 

I was walking near City Hall and in that location, at that time, there was an uncharacteristically open area in the grounds around those buildings.  They had sprawling lawns between them and as I walked South the incident occured.  I'd been walking from Uptown for a while 45 min I'd guess and had been in building lined streets that entire time.  As I walked through and neared the middle of the sprawling lawns around City Hall... the entire landscape shifted in a seamless moment. 

All the buildings were gone and I was standing on a footpath through the Larch and Ash? trees in full Autumn shift and the Fir and Pine... the whole rolling hillside of the area surrounded me, not a building in sight.

This played out for a good four or five heartbeats, before seamlessly returning to the city.

My experience seemed more like a bubble that passed around me, as once i was in it... I stood stock still, unmoving in shock probably with my mouth hanging open at the view of Manhattan before any buildings were present.

As with all experiences of this level of oddity.  I self assessed... realized I was just fine, smiled broadly, shrugged and said "thank you!  That was amazing!"... and continued my walk.

Both she and I had the sense that it was bubble like, that the experience happened in a kind of bubble of experiential shift.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, sanchez710 said:

Had I just been so absorbed in cycling on such a lovely day that it seemed time went so quickly

imo this is what it is.I cycle as well and have had the same experience a few times.Its a perplexing feeling and us humans can have a knack for placing labels on things we cant explain 

7 hours ago, fred_mc said:

.  So much is automatic in our lives, especially the routine stuff

I can imagine the brain not needing to expell excess energy in thought and switching to auto pilot. Im always amazed when Im running over logs or large boulders I can be thinking of something completely different yet when I turn focus back to my legs and feet they are being placed and positioned in exactly the right spot with no real thought involved doing it.

7 hours ago, fred_mc said:

Some things we do so often we operate largely on muscle memory

for sure

• Like 2

Great thread but i too do not grasp why the whole darko outlander time slip thing is tacked on, to make mundane sound cooler?

Memory is very failible and pliable, dreams or how we recall them can change, minds play tricks but its not paranormal,

False memories are a real thing, most have experences of it,  as far as the OP goes im thinking speculative you did or some kid did get hurt on that fence or perhaps you dreamed it and as years passes memory got all askew and it seems 100% real to you, do you have anyone you can ask about it without primmering them to recall it your way.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/22/2020 at 10:04 AM, Manwon Lender said:

Hello how it going Cookie Monster:D

I was being serious, its a thing.

There is the proposed quantum suicide experiment but of course the timeslip could be natural deaths down different routes closing themselves:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_suicide_and_immortality#:~:text=Quantum suicide is a thought,the cat's point of view.

The quantum suicide experiment is relative to the person doing it meaning they might die to others but they dont in their own reality stream.

Edited by Cookie Monster
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, the13bats said:

Great thread but i too do not grasp why the whole darko outlander time slip thing is tacked on, to make mundane sound cooler?

Memory is very failible and pliable, dreams or how we recall them can change, minds play tricks but its not paranormal,

False memories are a real thing, most have experences of it,  as far as the OP goes im thinking speculative you did or some kid did get hurt on that fence or perhaps you dreamed it and as years passes memory got all askew and it seems 100% real to you, do you have anyone you can ask about it without primmering them to recall it your way.

As i have had time to reflect ,i decided to really think of what it was like when i was a kid.and i realized i was constantly getting into scrapes,and picking up injuries,then patching myself up and heading straight back for more mischief.

Thinking back the thing that surprised me was just how nonchalant me and my friends were.for example ,one day me and a friend walked through a park on our way home from school.we decided to see who could jump from the swings the furthest.i went first,got good air and landed perfectly a good distance away.

My friend jumped,landed awkward and broke his wrist.looking back,i didn't feel sympathy, anxious or anything.it was more like ah well these things happen.

So as for the original story of the mouthful of fence.i have no doubt that it was real.as for nobody mentioning it,maybe they had the same attitude as me,brush it off ,move on,yesterdays news.

The injuries,might have been a false memory,i probably did have a fat lip and grazed gums the next day but considered it a minor inconvenience.

I consider the mystery mostly solved and will conclude in the style of pappa's meter.

Paranormal 0 %

Time slip 0 %

False memory 10 %

Kids just being kids 90 %.

• Like 1