Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Unusual Shenanigans

jowasmus

I will start this off with the disclaimer that I don't believe in the paranormal, ufos, and that I read the stories for entertainment. What I'm telling you though happened this week. For reference, today is Wednesday.

The 1st thing happened Monday morning. My wife had got up and I was still in bed. Something fell in the next room. She thought I'd done something. I thought she or one of the kids had done something. Nothing major, but she started asking me what I did. We looked, but didn't find anything. She stomps every step through the house. I lovingly call her "bull moose." That was the end of it.

Okay, it really wasn't. I was in the bathroom in our room 10 minutes later. A can of air freshener just fell off the toilet lid and the orange top (you mash to spray) came flying at me. It missed, but the odd thing is that the can is not on the end. There's a small bottle of foot spray. Either both cans should have fell or the air freshener decided to excuse itself around the foot spray to fall in the floor. If it had moved forward, it would have fell in the toilet. Really glad it didn't. LOL

The next thing happened Tuesday at about 5pm. I'd just got off work. The in-law's live next door. I could see where I was going easily, but it started getting dark about 30 minutes earlier. Something dark and erratic flew right by me nearly hitting me. It swooped directly under the deck at their side door like it knew where it was going. I thought bird? Bat? I decided not to look under the deck. I didn't want to get attacked by a Covid carrying critter. :wacko:

The last thing happened shortly after we got home. My wife was taking a shower, I was on the phone with my mom, and my kids were doing their usual thing. My daughter was getting her supper when her younger brother walked out of his room and into the computer/laundry room. She started talking to him and walked to the door, but he wasn't in there. He opened his bedroom door to see what she was saying. I had just walked out of the room. There was a mirror facing me and the hall where I was walking. I saw my daughter walk into the hall and heard her speak. I did not see my son, but I was taking up most of the mirror space due to being closer to it than them. I did see his door open and him come out to speak to her.

When I was a kid, my mom worked for a local hospital. "George" was the one to blame there when something came up missing or things happened. We blamed George at my house when nobody else did it. I guess he's followed me to my home as well. LOL

I can find a reason to dismiss them all. The 1st was my wife stomping. The 2nd was just coincidence that I have experienced before. The 3rd was a bat. The last was the fact that my daughter hasn't been feeling well and I have had situations hallucinating as a child when I was feeling bad. All that said, what are some other takes on the situation? I'm curious what y'all think. I live in Alabama with enough local Civil War stories both real and imagined that it ain't even funny.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jowasmus said:

I will start this off with the disclaimer that I don't believe in the paranormal, ufos, and that I read the stories for entertainment.

You might want to reconsider? How many millions/billions of cases have there been with many even stronger than yours?

We blamed George at my house when nobody else did it.

Happens at your house too? LOL

8 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

You might want to reconsider? How many millions/billions of cases have there been with many even stronger than yours?

I'm skeptic because I can typically explain away things & most of the paranormal believers I know offline are idiots that lie about other things, so I pretty much don't believe them on anything.

I know it sounds ridiculous that as a Christian, I believe in God, but discount the rest, however, I can only go by what I know and what I experience. If I see enough proof though, I can reconsider. I'm just not there yet.

8 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Happens at your house too? LOL

Yep. Things happen. I misplace stuff and of course blame everybody, but who did it. My kids do things and don't want to get into trouble. Figure my wife is like me, but can't prove it yet. LOL

As for George, yep. Guess you have a "George" as well. George is just easier than arguing with the family. Somebody did it, it might as well be him. :D

I will start this off with the disclaimer that I don't believe in the paranormal, ufos, and that I read the stories for entertainment. What I'm telling you though happened this week. For reference, today is Wednesday.

The 1st thing happened Monday morning. My wife had got up and I was still in bed. Something fell in the next room. She thought I'd done something. I thought she or one of the kids had done something. Nothing major, but she started asking me what I did. We looked, but didn't find anything. She stomps every step through the house. I lovingly call her "bull moose." That was the end of it.

Okay, it really wasn't. I was in the bathroom in our room 10 minutes later. A can of air freshener just fell off the toilet lid and the orange top (you mash to spray) came flying at me. It missed, but the odd thing is that the can is not on the end. There's a small bottle of foot spray. Either both cans should have fell or the air freshener decided to excuse itself around the foot spray to fall in the floor. If it had moved forward, it would have fell in the toilet. Really glad it didn't. LOL

The next thing happened Tuesday at about 5pm. I'd just got off work. The in-law's live next door. I could see where I was going easily, but it started getting dark about 30 minutes earlier. Something dark and erratic flew right by me nearly hitting me. It swooped directly under the deck at their side door like it knew where it was going. I thought bird? Bat? I decided not to look under the deck. I didn't want to get attacked by a Covid carrying critter. :wacko:

The last thing happened shortly after we got home. My wife was taking a shower, I was on the phone with my mom, and my kids were doing their usual thing. My daughter was getting her supper when her younger brother walked out of his room and into the computer/laundry room. She started talking to him and walked to the door, but he wasn't in there. He opened his bedroom door to see what she was saying. I had just walked out of the room. There was a mirror facing me and the hall where I was walking. I saw my daughter walk into the hall and heard her speak. I did not see my son, but I was taking up most of the mirror space due to being closer to it than them. I did see his door open and him come out to speak to her.

When I was a kid, my mom worked for a local hospital. "George" was the one to blame there when something came up missing or things happened. We blamed George at my house when nobody else did it. I guess he's followed me to my home as well. LOL

I can find a reason to dismiss them all. The 1st was my wife stomping. The 2nd was just coincidence that I have experienced before. The 3rd was a bat. The last was the fact that my daughter hasn't been feeling well and I have had situations hallucinating as a child when I was feeling bad. All that said, what are some other takes on the situation? I'm curious what y'all think. I live in Alabama with enough local Civil War stories both real and imagined that it ain't even funny.

How old is your daughter?  Also, what kind of ailment caused her to not feel well?  Maybe there is something you need to talk to her about, something you don't know that is bugging her.    I have had some experiences that I could not explain, except for one, but my explanation is too wierd, though I have mentioned it on this forum before.  All you have to do is remember that we are all more than the sum of our physical parts.  

Have you done research to see if your house was built on top of some battle ground or farm?  There are all kinds of possibilities.  You just have to figure out what makes most sense to you.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, XenoFish said:

I'll give you my 2 cents later today. I've got a few possible explanations going around in my head.

Thanks

21 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

How old is your daughter?  Also, what kind of ailment caused her to not feel well?  Maybe there is something you need to talk to her about, something you don't know that is bugging her.    I have had some experiences that I could not explain, except for one, but my explanation is too wierd, though I have mentioned it on this forum before.  All you have to do is remember that we are all more than the sum of our physical parts.  

Have you done research to see if your house was built on top of some battle ground or farm?  There are all kinds of possibilities.  You just have to figure out what makes most sense to you.

She's 16. As for sickness, my family has a history of anxiety. It doesn't take much to bother us. When I was a child, I had some issues, but I still see things out of the corner of my eye from time to time. It's weird, but I'm accustomed to it. LOL

My house was built in 1980. There's no significant history at all. It's about as dull as dull can possibly be. Unless there is some unrecorded event that happened there, the worse thing is the neighbor is a cat woman & they get in the road from time to time. She doesn't care about them & just let's them multiply out of control. I have killed a few snakes as well.

• Like 2

She's 16. As for sickness, my family has a history of anxiety. It doesn't take much to bother us. When I was a child, I had some issues, but I still see things out of the corner of my eye from time to time. It's weird, but I'm accustomed to it. LOL

My house was built in 1980. There's no significant history at all. It's about as dull as dull can possibly be. Unless there is some unrecorded event that happened there, the worse thing is the neighbor is a cat woman & they get in the road from time to time. She doesn't care about them & just let's them multiply out of control. I have killed a few snakes as well.

The reason I asked is that sometimes people who are emotionally imbalanced (like 13 - 16 year old girls, or crazy old men) can affect things mentally.   It is a kind of tantrum where a physical tantrum would not be allowed.  That is my opinion after some experiences I have had.   (I have already been thrashed by you so called skeptics and haters so let it be.  The name of the fourm is The Unexplained and if you don't like unexplained phenomena then go somewhere else)   

It is something to explore AFTER you have eliminated all the physical posibilites.  But it doesn't hurt to check in with your kids and look them in the eyes to be sure they are ok.  You probably do this already, but some people don't so I bring it up.  And maybe one of those cats is living in your attic (if you have one).

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 2

On 11/18/2020 at 10:06 AM, jowasmus said:

First off, I'm sorry this has taken me so long. I meant to get back to you on this a few days ago.

What was this item by chance?

Might be due to it not being balanced or set back right, not exactly sure. 

May have been a bird or bat. 

Gonna be honest, I'm confused by this. Trying to play this in my head is befuddling. 

So long as no one is spraying pea soup across the room I wouldn't worry too much.

• Like 1

On 11/19/2020 at 3:34 AM, jowasmus said:

I know it sounds ridiculous that as a Christian, I believe in God, but discount the rest, however, I can only go by what I know and what I experience. If I see enough proof though, I can reconsider. I'm just not there yet.

Have you experienced a lot of God related events or sightings?I'm the other way around,I've experienced a lot of the paranormal but not one thing religious or God related apart from wars and violence it creates.What is happening in your home,only you can judge,on the feeling you get from these.

Edited by openozy

On 11/18/2020 at 10:06 AM, jowasmus said:

I'm a little confused by this part.

What I can gather is that your daughter thought she was talking to your son but actually wasent?

On 11/18/2020 at 3:06 PM, jowasmus said:

I will start this off with the disclaimer that I don't believe in the paranormal

you do now then i take it?? if you reply with something like: 'well i don't, i just want answers' then that means you do- otherwise what's the point of this thread?? you people fascinate me= just be honest then we can go forward

• Confused 1

On 11/19/2020 at 9:31 AM, Desertrat56 said:

The reason I asked is that sometimes people who are emotionally imbalanced (like 13 - 16 year old girls, or crazy old men) can affect things mentally.   It is a kind of tantrum where a physical tantrum would not be allowed.  That is my opinion after some experiences I have had.   (I have already been thrashed by you so called skeptics and haters so let it be.  The name of the fourm is The Unexplained and if you don't like unexplained phenomena then go somewhere else)   

It is something to explore AFTER you have eliminated all the physical posibilites.  But it doesn't hurt to check in with your kids and look them in the eyes to be sure they are ok.  You probably do this already, but some people don't so I bring it up.  And maybe one of those cats is living in your attic (if you have one).

Sorry, got busy at work.

LOL you pegged us both, she's a young girl & I'm a crazy old man. As for "thrashing you," I may be a skeptic, but being a skeptic doesn't rule out reality. Where a natural explanation or an unnatural explanation works, I reached out to this community for any answer. You may have hit the nail on the head with "emotionally imbalanced." My family argues a lot with 2 teenagers in the house as well, but I don't recall "thrashing you." As a matter of fact, we've spoke in the past & I found you being pretty nice. I'm sorry if I've upset you in some way. I apologize for any "thrashing" I may have sent your way.

I actually planned to look in the attic today. I have a leaky roof. Hope nothing jumps at me. :unsure:

• Like 2

On 11/19/2020 at 7:50 PM, XenoFish said:

First off, I'm sorry this has taken me so long. I meant to get back to you on this a few days ago.

What was this item by chance?

Might be due to it not being balanced or set back right, not exactly sure. 

May have been a bird or bat. 

Gonna be honest, I'm confused by this. Trying to play this in my head is befuddling. 

So long as no one is spraying pea soup across the room I wouldn't worry too much.

No problem at all. We all get busy & I appreciate you taking the time to consider my issues.

We don't know what "fell." Everybody in the house heard the sound. We never found anything out of place, but the noise. Everybody looked, just nothing to find, I guess.

I'm thinking the same on the air freshener falling. It was just weird timing. I mean I have watched things slide off like that before & let them fall just out of curiosity, but the timing was weird.

I'm guessing bird or bat. It was too dark to really tell & after the 1st 2 things, I opted not to look. Plus, I worry about wild animals that get too close. I don't know what to make of that.

The last one, I don't know either. I believe my daughter when she says she saw him, but I didn't. We've all been sick & just currently have nasty sinus issues. My side of the family has had hallucinations when we aren't feeling well. My mom was a nurse & we were friends with a lot of doctors, who back in the day, said it wasn't anything to really worry about beyond something related to our being sick. We also have extreme anxiety issues. I assume a chemical imbalance, but never had a real reason to check further. I will also say that I have a "metal" allergy when I'm bad sick & it hurts me to touch metal. It causes the area touching the metal to ache. I call that one a "better stay home from work" warning. LOL

Yeah, no pea soup, yet. I'm not really worried, but I don't want my kids to worry. It's more about them than me. Thanks.

• Like 2

On 11/19/2020 at 8:13 PM, openozy said:

Have you experienced a lot of God related events or sightings?I'm the other way around,I've experienced a lot of the paranormal but not one thing religious or God related apart from wars and violence it creates.What is happening in your home,only you can judge,on the feeling you get from these.

Beyond being raised in the Bible belt & believing what I read in the Bible, no I have not seen God, an angel, I have no experience with the Holy Spirit or Jesus. I choose to believe because it makes sense to me. I also believe that I can NOT force anybody to agree with what I believe or that they should be forced. If people want to talk, that's their choice. If they don't, that's their choice as well.

I happen to agree with you 100% on the violence & wars it creates, but I don't think that's religion. I'm pretty sure that it's us people arguing over forcing everybody else to "agree with them or else."

As for what's happening, I was looking for any answer outside of what I think. People can be wrong. I'm pretty sure what I "believe" the answers are. Doesn't mean I'm right. :blink: When 1 thing happens, it can be an "oh well" thing. Stuff just kept on being weird & happening to multiple people. Sometimes it's easier for me to ignore something until it goes away. Otherwise, I'll stay creeped out thinking about what's in the dark.

• Like 1

On 11/19/2020 at 8:25 PM, spartan max2 said:

I'm a little confused by this part.

What I can gather is that your daughter thought she was talking to your son but actually wasent?

That's right. I walked out of the room & down the hall through the kitchen. She was walking into the hall talking right as I passed.

My bedroom is at the end of the house & a mirror was facing down the hall. I saw her walk into the hall & as I was on the phone, I heard her talking, but wasn't listening as she wasn't talking to me. I didn't see him, but I took up most of the mirror.

He came out of his room to see what she was saying. He was not in the hall & she was sure she saw him & was talking to him in the laundry room. She saw he was not in there and was confused when he opened his bedroom door.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/19/2020 at 8:34 PM, Dejarma said:

you do now then i take it?? if you reply with something like: 'well i don't, i just want answers' then that means you do- otherwise what's the point of this thread?? you people fascinate me= just be honest then we can go forward

I had a weird day with some unexpected happenings. I can't say that I believe yet. I told some one else " Sometimes it's easier for me to ignore something until it goes away. Otherwise, I'll stay creeped out thinking about what's in the dark." That being said, I can be wrong about it. There's a LOT of things I don't understand.

I'm sorry people like me fascinate you in a bad way. You asked for honesty, I'm not ready to believe yet, but a lot of y'all on here have more experience in paranormal stuff than I do. Is it wrong to ask questions? I don't think I'm being rude or unkind, but feel free to let me in on what I'm saying that's so aggravating. You're free to think & believe as you choose. I thought I was too.

• Like 1

Greetings jowasmus.  I grew up a long time ago in Texas, mostly in the city but near enough to relatives that still lived on the farm where my grandmother grew up.

How old is your house? Is it close by other houses or surrounded by some property?  Don't worry, I am not asking probing psychic questions, just trying to relate to grandma's family farm.  

That house was 80 years old back when  I was a kid in the 60's.  My great grandpa and his brother had added more porch and an upstairs screened sleeping room to the original house back in the 30's.  It was a fun old house for kids and a great place to explore, so no bad memories that I know of.  It had small cellar, but most of the house was supported on wooden posts and  beams.

There were a lot of creaks and bumps and pictures that occasionally fell off the walls or objects that fell off the counters or mantle.

The road  in front of the house had become a 2 lane highway with  a fair amount of traffic.   It was maybe 150-200 feet away.

Long story short, my great uncle Walter was a carpenter who worked on the house for his folks.  He was underneath  the house looking at the posts for signs of rot or need of replacement.  He found a few that showed a gap above them and were not supporting the beams,  He claimed that he saw the gap vibrate after he heard a large diesel drive by on the road.  He shimmed everything up.  I don't know if it stopped the occasional problems or was related.

I wish you the best, sometimes we don't find an explanation for a weird day even though there might be one.  Perhaps you were a little on edge  after the first unusual experience and were sensitive to notice other things somewhat out of the ordinary.

What @Desertrat56 mentions is good advice.  @XenoFish has been around a lot and has a level head.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, jowasmus said:

I had a weird day with some unexpected happenings. I can't say that I believe yet. I told some one else " Sometimes it's easier for me to ignore something until it goes away. Otherwise, I'll stay creeped out thinking about what's in the dark." That being said, I can be wrong about it. There's a LOT of things I don't understand.

I'm sorry people like me fascinate you in a bad way. You asked for honesty, I'm not ready to believe yet, but a lot of y'all on here have more experience in paranormal stuff than I do. Is it wrong to ask questions? I don't think I'm being rude or unkind, but feel free to let me in on what I'm saying that's so aggravating. You're free to think & believe as you choose. I thought I was too.

All due respect, Sir. All I'm saying is= IN_MY_OPINION the paranormal does not exist, it's not real therefore if what you say happened is true (I'm not going to know for sure, am I) & it happened to me, there's no way I'd be looking on a paranormal forum for answers because I'm sure it won't be paranormal..

There are no grey areas- you either believe or you don't IMO.... 

I just say it as I see it, nothing more, nothing less...Cheers;)

Edited by Dejarma

Sorry, got busy at work.

LOL you pegged us both, she's a young girl & I'm a crazy old man. As for "thrashing you," I may be a skeptic, but being a skeptic doesn't rule out reality. Where a natural explanation or an unnatural explanation works, I reached out to this community for any answer. You may have hit the nail on the head with "emotionally imbalanced." My family argues a lot with 2 teenagers in the house as well, but I don't recall "thrashing you." As a matter of fact, we've spoke in the past & I found you being pretty nice. I'm sorry if I've upset you in some way. I apologize for any "thrashing" I may have sent your way.

I actually planned to look in the attic today. I have a leaky roof. Hope nothing jumps at me. :unsure:

You took something personal that was not meant for you.  I have always found you to be polite and interesting.  I was venting and telling those who do thrash anyone with an experience they don't like to not comment.  You know who they are.

If teenagers are around a lot of arguing, when they are going through lots of hormonal changes it can affect them more than they will admit (I remember my teenage years)  and they may express it by "throwing things around" when they are in the other room.  My dad was one who never got past puberty as far as his emotional health.  That's why I included "crazy old men".  I remember reading a book that considered the possibility that some poltergeist activity may be due to that kind of thing, though the book only mentioned girls going through puberty and women going through menopause, a very misogynist view, and in my opinion, leaving out half the people who could manifest these things.  I read that book so long ago I don't remember the author.  

I hope you find something (maybe cats or racoons) in the attic that cause this.  It is something that can be remedied.  I know how it is to live with a leaky roof.  I finally got mine fixed.  

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

All due respect, Sir. All I'm saying is= IN_MY_OPINION the paranormal does not exist, it's not real therefore if what you say happened is true (I'm not going to know for sure, am I) & it happened to me, there's no way I'd be looking on a paranormal forum for answers because I'm sure it won't be paranormal..

There are no grey areas- you either believe or you don't IMO.... 

I just say it as I see it, nothing more, nothing less...Cheers;)

Everything is so much harder on people who think in only black and white and do not allow grey areas.  I hope you don't have that approach in every aspect of your life, it would be quite tedious for your loved ones.  (my opinion)  There are grey areas, that is why people ask questions and why a lot of people question their experiences and their expectations of the world.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Greetings jowasmus.  I grew up a long time ago in Texas, mostly in the city but near enough to relatives that still lived on the farm where my grandmother grew up.

How old is your house? Is it close by other houses or surrounded by some property?  Don't worry, I am not asking probing psychic questions, just trying to relate to grandma's family farm.  

That house was 80 years old back when  I was a kid in the 60's.  My great grandpa and his brother had added more porch and an upstairs screened sleeping room to the original house back in the 30's.  It was a fun old house for kids and a great place to explore, so no bad memories that I know of.  It had small cellar, but most of the house was supported on wooden posts and  beams.

There were a lot of creaks and bumps and pictures that occasionally fell off the walls or objects that fell off the counters or mantle.

The road  in front of the house had become a 2 lane highway with  a fair amount of traffic.   It was maybe 150-200 feet away.

Long story short, my great uncle Walter was a carpenter who worked on the house for his folks.  He was underneath  the house looking at the posts for signs of rot or need of replacement.  He found a few that showed a gap above them and were not supporting the beams,  He claimed that he saw the gap vibrate after he heard a large diesel drive by on the road.  He shimmed everything up.  I don't know if it stopped the occasional problems or was related.

I wish you the best, sometimes we don't find an explanation for a weird day even though there might be one.  Perhaps you were a little on edge  after the first unusual experience and were sensitive to notice other things somewhat out of the ordinary.

What @Desertrat56 mentions is good advice.  @XenoFish has been around a lot and has a level head.  

Hi, Tatetopa.

My house was built in a subdivision back in 1980. Where I live was originally a German colony. We have areas around us where battles took place, but nowhere near where I live. We also have all kinds of crazy stories, but nothing near us.

I fear no questions, ask away. ^_^

We have creaks & bumps every now & then, but nothing beyond saying the house is settling. There is blasting being done not far away from us, but it's pretty easy knowing what's going on then. We've also had 1 noticeable earthquake that rattled us in the past. We for some reason have a possum issue at my house. They show up & I catch & release them on a regular basis, so I know what an animal under the house sounds like. Although, we don't have mice, I have lived in a country house where mice have been in the walls. I know critter sounds. We have a small attic with no basement. They are also extending our neighborhood & big trucks come through regularly, but nothing that I can find needs replacing, but the roof, the floor, a water leak fixed, the yard mowed, & a tree needs cut down. LOL More than I thought, but nothing that really accounts for what we experienced this last week.

I don't really expect answers, I guess I just want to be able to tell my kids it's nothing major when they start freaking themselves out at bedtime. I appreciate your thoughts on it Desertrat56 & XenoFish as well. Pretty much everybody. :tu:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

I hope you don't have that approach in every aspect of your life, it would be quite tedious for your loved ones.  

what??

Everyday life is not a story told to me. There are many grey areas in everyday life that involve real facts/ data/ information.. As I've said many times:

most if not all the data/ information you & I have to work with regarding the paranormal is at best nothing more than stories,
of which you & I do not know for sure really happened or is not at least highly exaggerated - yep, I'll add video footage to that as well

17 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

You took something personal that was not meant for you.  I have always found you to be polite and interesting.  I was venting and telling those who do thrash anyone with an experience they don't like to not comment.  You know who they are.

If teenagers are around a lot of arguing, when they are going through lots of hormonal changes it can affect them more than they will admit (I remember my teenage years)  and they may express it by "throwing things around" when they are in the other room.  My dad was one who never got past puberty as far as his emotional health.  That's why I included "crazy old men".  I remember reading a book that considered the possibility that some poltergeist activity may be due to that kind of thing, though the book only mentioned girls going through puberty and women going through menopause, a very misogynist view, and in my opinion, leaving out half the people who could manifest these things.  I read that book so long ago I don't remember the author.  

I hope you find something (maybe cats or racoons) in the attic that cause this.  It is something that can be remedied.  I know how it is to live with a leaky roof.  I finally got mine fixed.  

Desertrat, I'm sorry. Sometimes I misread or take things out of context, regardless, thank you.

LOL I am that "crazy old man," though. I let my kids get me angry instead of realizing they are kids & I acted the same way at their ages.

I have a friend that claims they had "negative energy" in a house they rented from my dad-in-law demanding their money back & wanting to move out. 2 months later, they were still fussing & didn't understand why they were "kicked out" wanting to move back in. They live they there now, but I wanted them to remember the "negative energy" & stay away. We thought they were weird wanting to move back in after that, but no more "negative energy." We still don't know what that meant. That's all they would say.

I have to wonder why that author thought poltergeist activity was a possibility because of puberty & menopause. As many women deal with those issues, you'd think it would be more apparent if that was the case. I'm curious what year that was written now.

Congrats on getting your roof fixed. We're saving money & patching as best we can. I'm gonna freak if a cat, racoon, squirrel, or possum jumps out of my attic door. That'd be worse than a ghost for me!!!

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, jowasmus said:

Desertrat, I'm sorry. Sometimes I misread or take things out of context, regardless, thank you.

LOL I am that "crazy old man," though. I let my kids get me angry instead of realizing they are kids & I acted the same way at their ages.

I have a friend that claims they had "negative energy" in a house they rented from my dad-in-law demanding their money back & wanting to move out. 2 months later, they were still fussing & didn't understand why they were "kicked out" wanting to move back in. They live they there now, but I wanted them to remember the "negative energy" & stay away. We thought they were weird wanting to move back in after that, but no more "negative energy." We still don't know what that meant. That's all they would say.

I have to wonder why that author thought poltergeist activity was a possibility because of puberty & menopause. As many women deal with those issues, you'd think it would be more apparent if that was the case. I'm curious what year that was written now.

Congrats on getting your roof fixed. We're saving money & patching as best we can. I'm gonna freak if a cat, racoon, squirrel, or possum jumps out of my attic door. That'd be worse than a ghost for me!!!

I think the book was written in the 70's.  

I think your friend claiming "negative energy" was making something up.  Maybe they had money problems or something.  I have been around a lot of new agers over the years and anytime someone brings up "negative energy", they are the ones being negative.  

On the other hand, I have and friends have experienced feeling creepy in their own house and look for a reason but don't find it.  Sometimes that can be caused by a gas leak but when it turns out that is not the cause it helps to do something that a person believes in, like prayer, burning candles, what ever.  It is a tool to relieve the mind, like a person afraid society is going to fall apart stock piling food and supplies, that lessens their anxiety and that is what rituals are for, mental empowerment.  

I really think you will find a natural, physical reason for the weirdness.   Sometimes tectonic activity is strong enough to rattle a wall but not strong enough to break a foundation or even be heard by normal human hearing.  Maybe you could get a seismometer and let it record for a week to see what is going on underground.

If you can't find a physical explanation, my opinion is that what we call paranormal is just things we don't have an understanding of yet.  It is not always imagination, just not understood.

I don't agree with @Dejarma about this subject or any subject being black and white, you can stand in the middle and be agnostic or you can accept that not everything is explainable.