Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Crooked voting machines?

WVK

45 minutes ago, Myles said:

I'm talking urban areas as a whole.

You ever think that maybe those areas aren't getting the same funding toward education that upper class suburban areas are getting? 

• Like 1

Just now, HSlim said:

You ever think that maybe those areas aren't getting the same funding toward education that upper class suburban areas are getting? 

lmao. maybe because upper class pays a lot more in property taxes that go towards their school districts.  that is how things work in usa,  those that pay more get more,

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, HSlim said:

Funny you mention that about urban areas but don't consider the same for the South East students you criticize.  

https://www.governing.com/gov-data/education-data/state-education-spending-per-pupil-data.html

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HSlim said:

I'm from the south east. Schools there are pretty bad compared to the rest of the country.  

So why did you defend under-funded urban students but criticize under-funded schools in the south?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Myles said:

So why did you defend under-funded urban students but criticize under-funded schools in the south?

Both need more funding.  The south in general has needed a serious educational overhaul for years. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HSlim said:

Both need more funding.  The south in general has needed a serious educational overhaul for years. 

I agree.  I'm in Indiana and we are also in the bottom half.   Luckily my kids went to a small town school with good teachers.

• Like 1

that is not the reason, every school poor or rich, has students who fail, and students who excel , so how come some fail and others succeed in the same underfunded, or overfunded school? maybe it has little to do with school funds and everything to do with students?   those that study, pay attention and have their priorities right they make it in this world, those that want to hang out, smoke dope, play videogames all day long, fail, as they should. do not see how raising my taxes will affect their behaviour.. 

Edited by aztek
  • Like 6
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, aztek said:

that is not the reason, every school poor or rich, has students who fail, and students who excel , so how come some fail and others succeed in the same underfunded, or overfunded school? maybe it has little to do with school funds and everything to do with students?   those that study, pay attention and have their priorities right they make it in this world, those that ant to hang out, smoke dope, play videogames all day long, fail, as they should. do not see how raising my taxes will affect their behaviour.. 

Kids when it comes to education are notoriously lazy and undisciplined.

Teachers, after years of lackadaisical attitudes from students, get burned out and simply cease to care.

Parents seem to have a disconnect with their kids education when they should be fully vested in it.

So many variables apply to kids getting a well structured education and blame simply can't be assigned to just one or two.

There are so many online sites that can help tutor kids as an alternate and viable learning resource.

Khan Academy is just one with resources for kids and teachers alike.

https://www.khanacademy.org/

For more advanced students there is MIT Open Course. Actual MIT courses than can be accessed.

https://ocw.mit.edu/index.htm

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

Kids when it comes to education are notoriously lazy and undisciplined.

Teachers, after years of lackadaisical attitudes from students, get burned out and simply cease to care.

Parents seem to have a disconnect with their kids education when they should be fully vested in it.

So many variables apply to kids getting a well structured education and blame simply can't be assigned to just one or two.

There are so many online sites that can help tutor kids as an alternate and viable learning resource.

Khan Academy is just one with resources for kids and teachers alike.

https://www.khanacademy.org/

For more advanced students there is MIT Open Course. Actual MIT courses than can be accessed.

https://ocw.mit.edu/index.htm

i agree, spot on, which proves age old saying "for those who want there are thousands of ways, for those that do not there are thousands of excuses..

it would also help is schools did not teach kids to get their parents in troubles when they do not get their way, my friends son called cops on his grandma 3 times cuz she  wasn't letting him out late, funny thing is his mother is a teacher herself, and she teaches other kids to do the same,  if kids were disciplined at home, they would do differently in school, today schools only enables that behaviour.  i have 2 kids in school so i know a bit what is going on. but my kids are raised in a different culture at home, so school can't really hurt them.  but others who let schools raise their kids aren't so lucky

Edited by aztek
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, HSlim said:

I'm talking states as a whole.  Not small sections of each state. 

It really does depend on what state you live in, as well as how involved parents are in the education of their children, what kind and how well children are educated in the states.

There are only cursory standards from the federal government as requirement for the funding.  The rest is up to how each state or each school district interprets those standards. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, aztek said:

i agree, spot on, which proves age old saying "for those who want there are thousands of ways, for those that do not there are thousands of excuses..

it would also help is schools did not teach kids to get their parents in troubles when they do not get their way, my friends son called cops on his grandma 3 times cuz she  wasn't letting him out late, funny thing is his mother is a teacher herself, and he teaches other kids to do the same,  if kids were disciplined at home, they would do differently in school, today schools only enables that behaviour.  i have 2 kids in school so i know a bit what is going on. but my kids are raised in a different culture at home, so school can't really hurt them.  but others who let schools raise their kids aren't so lucky

Yep.   It starts at home.    Too many parents do not help their kids with their school work.   When a teacher calls them, they defend their kids.   

• Like 3

5 hours ago, stevewinn said:

How did Giuliani get on in court? 

You don't want to know. On the other hand, it was farking hilarious. By the time the judge was finished with him, he was a babbling mess.

• Like 4

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, seanjo said:

An independent federal commission should be in charge of adjudicating and organising elections with a standard voting system across all States.

I agree that we need some mandatory system for voting that ensures each vote that is legally cast MUST be counted.  I no longer believe it's possible to find or even create an independent body in DC.  The town is 90+ % Democrat and they've made it clear their allegiance is to Party, not nation.  

If the information that is being gathered can be corroborated, every state that used these systems should have their Electoral votes dismissed by Congress as untrustworthy.  Let the people's representatives in the House choose the President and the Senate choose the VP.  It has happened 3 times in our history.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, and then said:

The town is 90+ % Democrat and they've made it clear their allegiance is to Party, not nation.  

I'm sorry, which political party has spent the last four years grabbing democratic norms by the *****?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, WVK said:

So therefore made up?  Why would Sidney Powell knowingly invent it when that would make a laughing stock out of an exemplary career? Rush asked that question yesterday

Why would trump make up stuff when its made a world wide laughing stock of him?

• Like 3

9 hours ago, WVK said:

So therefore made up?  Why would Sidney Powell knowingly invent it when that would make a laughing stock out of an exemplary career? Rush asked that question yesterday

You mean like literally everybody who's worked for Trump, kissed his ring (Not the one on his finger, mind you) and otherwise tried to make his blatant authoritarianism seem palpable? 

• Like 4

We will see what happens when it goes to the Supreme Court. 

Metallica_-_...And_Justice_for_All_cover

Its weird to me only the hardcore trump worshippers with a deep love for him buy into all the empty grasping claims of election frauds, i guess its all they have.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Its weird to me only the hardcore trump worshippers with a deep love for him buy into all the empty grasping claims of election frauds, i guess its all they have.

Its kind of messed up, these guys got their start rallying against scientology in the oughties, and now they're worshipping Orange Xenu. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Myles said:

I don't know if this is true or not, but one good thing about Trump being too stubborn to concede is that investigations are happening.   That is good all the way around.  

I don't see how breeding distrust and undermining the voting system is good for anything. 

He made the claim and then sought evidence to support it. That's not how things work. 

• Like 4

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked