Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The universe is like a giant human brain

UM-Bot

Every time I see those CG pictures of galactic superclusters I thought they looked like neurons/a neural web.
It sure took 'real scientists' long enough to notice what this artist has been seeing for years...

• Like 3

Um....I saw a picture years ago that showed neuron network's next to a galaxy cluster. They bore a striking resemblance to each other. So this is just now coming to light? Hmmm... When I first so the picture I always wanted there be a correlation to the two. Well at least with the conciousness of part it. Maybe just for a way that my brain could contemplate how a God could exist.

Edited by InconceivableThoughts

Like others on here I'm really not surprised.  Many structures and forms are repeated throughout nature. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, ercbreeze said:

Hope they didn't get any funding for this . . .

All the funding went on proper, useful projects:

• Mass-distribution Clusters in Galactic Cores - why do they resemble vomit splatters on the pavement?  (Dave & Tel, Dog & Duck Department, University of Croydon)
  • How fast must a car drive to confuse police speed guns?  (Stephen "Billy Boy" Stevens & Marnie, Lynched Liverpudlian Department, University of Croydon)
  • You know on food packages where it says "not suitable for home freezing"?  Sez who?  (Sailor Stu & Welshcake, Splintered Sphincter Department, University of Croydon)
  • If a body falls in a forest with no one to hear - who's gonna bury it?  (Pete & Two-Legged-Mike, Castrated Choirboy Department, University of Croydon)
Edited by Tom1200
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

9 hours ago, DreadLordAvatar said:

CE-5 is proven to be the only way through consciousness and the universe of communicating to aliens.

Go ahead.

I bet that brain is worth zillions and ziollions of £ pounds.   No wonder why no aliens will come here, we haven't got enough money for them to accept our offers.  They aint coming here for nothing less than zillions of pounds.  I guess we need to work harder and create as much money as possible so we finally get to meet our neighbours.  

Perhaps not too surprising.  One expects thing to look a certain way, perhaps, at a particular level of resolution and complexity.  The average size in the universe is the width of a piece of paper.  Scale this up a bit to a human brain for complexity and then cater in for a few orders of magnitude for size and you might get two resolution scales that look kind of the same.  Electromagnetism is probably the primary force acting in the human brain, that and the van der waals force.  Could gravity mimic electromagnetism at gigantic scales?  This comes back to a centralising important inquisitions into the nature of consciousness.  What is it to be conscious?  Why am I me?  Are you and I really the same with the exception of locality?  When consciousness ceases can it reemerge where the difference is, once more, one of locality?  Is the relativity of time shown by Einstein the reason why two consciousnesses don't superimpose upon one another?  More, what is cognitive ability as it relates to consciousness?  We suppose the human brain is the most intelligent complex Yada Yada Yada but truthfully we are 1 iteration away from animal, only really 1, significant clean cut.  Are we perhaps imbecile still?  Would a word such as intellect even make sense to be utilised?  Is there truly anything central to consciousness that is oneself outside of the separations of subconscious matter?  Man, this stuff is mindboggling.

• Like 1

As above, so below.

The ancients knew the Law of Correspondence all along, we are only rediscovering it.

Edited by Only_
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, NCC1701 said:

It will be a slow brain then, as signals take trillions of years to reach the other side of the brain.

That depends on perspect, slow to us, fast to it. 

• Like 1

On 11/24/2020 at 9:08 AM, NCC1701 said:

It will be a slow brain then, as signals take trillions of years to reach the other side of the brain.

Nup the thoughts use quantum entanglement and are instantaneous.

On 11/23/2020 at 6:44 PM, XenoFish said:

That depends on perspect, slow to us, fast to it. 

Oh the Biden effect, good call.

• 2 months later...

yea it is, our consciousness is not inside our head,  it is outside of us, our brain is only a receiver. simple example is a tv, it has many channels, sound and pic,  brake it a bit and you lose a channel or two, but it does not mean channels disappear, brake it a bit more and you lose sound, but it does not mean sound disappeared.  that explains why some people can see do, things others can not, everyone has a different tv,  some groups of people have tv's of different brands, and specs. 

Edited by aztek

oMG...the brain is like a computer....omg, the brain is like our infinite universe...omg, the brain, the brain, the human brain......

No...it isn't like a computer...at all.  No it isn't like the universe...at all.

You are welcome

• 3 weeks later...

I think the universe a bit more complex then the human brain.

On 2/9/2021 at 6:34 AM, aztek said:

yea it is, our consciousness is not inside our head,  it is outside of us, our brain is only a receiver. simple example is a tv, it has many channels, sound and pic,  brake it a bit and you lose a channel or two, but it does not mean channels disappear, brake it a bit more and you lose sound, but it does not mean sound disappeared.  that explains why some people can see do, things others can not, everyone has a different tv,  some groups of people have tv's of different brands, and specs. 

In that case you're always conscious.