Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Owl Found In Rockefeller Center Tree

susieice

A male owl was found by a worker inside the tree that had been cut down in upstate New York and taken to Rockefeller Center for this year's Christmas Tree. He was turned over to the Ravensbeard Wildlife Center, who plans to release him on their facility grounds after rehab. The owl had been without food or water for three days but began to recover once it was taken care of. Of course, his name is now Rockefeller.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/tiny-owl-rescued-rockefeller-center-christmas-tree-travelled-170-miles-n1248166

• Like 8

They think the owl got trapped in the branches when they wrapped the tree to move it. The branches are routinely checked before the tree is transported but this little guy got in there. This is his story.

https://www.today.com/news/adorable-owl-discovered-rockefeller-center-christmas-tree-t199806

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

A tiny owl is recovering after it was found tucked away in the branches of Rockefeller Center's Christmas tree in New York City.

The Ravensbeard Wildlife Center in Saugerties, New York, said it received a telephone call on Monday morning from a woman who said her husband discovered the owl while working for the company that transports and secures the iconic tree in Rockefeller Center. The 75-foot Norway spruce was cut down last week in Oneonta, New York, and loaded onto a massive trailer before embarking on a 170-mile road trip to Manhattan, along with its feathered stowaway.

Link

His name is Rockefeller 

• Like 3

I can tell I didn't get any sleep last night. 

This is UM, so I expected a Rockefeller Christmas Tree to be a rumor of some Trojan horse Christmas tree in the middle of Times Square and an owl named Rockefeller lives there representing the Trilateral Commission. 

... Don't ask. But seriously, the owl is supposedly an icon of one of those groups? Lol

Don't ask me where I got the rest of that **** from

Edited by HandsomeGorilla
  • Haha 4

i heard it on the radio yesterday,  this year's tree reflects  year 2020 perfectly, they said they have never seen an uglier tree  at RC ever. it broke when they were mounting it, and one side has a lot less branches than the other,   they do not know if the crappy tree was brought on purpose, or city could not get anything better, but it is a perfect fit this time 

• Haha 3
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, aztek said:

i heard it on the radio yesterday,  this year's tree reflects  year 2020 perfectly, they said they have never seen an uglier tree  at RC ever. it broke when they were mounting it, and one side has a lot less branches than the other,   they do not know if the crappy tree was brought on purpose, or city could not get anything better, but it is a perfect fit this time 

Wow.  You're not kidding

8dc352ed4a80d28717d4832746e5cb14ce-rocke

At least the owl is cute :yes:

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Wow.  You're not kidding

8dc352ed4a80d28717d4832746e5cb14ce-rocke

At least the owl is cute :yes:

looks like it was damaged in transit, that is what you get for not using union riggers, lol

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Oops, sorry @susieice accidentally coopted your thread :P 

That's ok. I've done that myself. You can't always find a similar thread even with the search bar. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, aztek said:

looks like it was damaged in transit, that is what you get for not using union riggers, lol

They're gonna be filling in some holes on that one. I don't think you can spread out the branches enough to cover it. 

• Like 1

That's yalls tree?! lmao!!! What kinda Charlie Brown bull**** is that

Edited by HandsomeGorilla
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

People from the Wildlife Center are looking over locations to release Rockefeller back into the wild. He could be released as early as today, Sunday.

https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2020/11/21/rockefeller-center-tree-owl-rocky/

• Like 2

Rockefeller will now have his own bobblehead doll. Five dollars from each purchase will go to the Ravensbeard Wildlife Center.

https://www.whec.com/news/owl-found-in-rockefeller-center-christmas-tree-to-be-released-as-well-as-bobblehead/5930774/

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Rockefeller, who has since been determined to actually be female, was released Monday night. She is expected to soon join the others of her species in their annual winter migration south.

https://6abc.com/8252436/?ex_cid=TA_WPVI_FB&utm_campaign=trueAnthem%3A New Content (Feed)&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR2FlxguCsDyQFHne4UQmCS2IwHokRuXE2-fLh57elzksR3VhXH9keIUchQ

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Actually, I watched the tree lighting. They filled it in however they do that. It looks beautiful.

The Rockefeller Center tree is lit in multi-colored lights, within Rockefeller Center buildings

Edited by susieice
  • Like 2