Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Black Hope Horror

Brandy333

https://mysteriousuniverse.org/2019/08/the-bizarre-haunting-of-black-hope-cemetery/

This is based on a true story about a couple who moved into a suburb of Houston, Tx.   The story was featured on Unsolved Mysteries where a subdivision was built over an old cemetery, and soon strange things began happening.

Edited by Brandy333
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Interesting story and I think they even made a movie about it called "The Grave Secrets, the legend of Hilltop Drive."
Now here is a link to another interesting article that have people that currently live there have their input about this story : 
https://www.chron.com/neighborhood/article/Black-Hope-horror-doesn-t-haunt-this-hood-9565799.php 

24 minutes ago, thedutchiedutch said:

Interesting story and I think they even made a movie about it called "The Grave Secrets, the legend of Hilltop Drive."
Now here is a link to another interesting article that have people that currently live there have their input about this story : 
https://www.chron.com/neighborhood/article/Black-Hope-horror-doesn-t-haunt-this-hood-9565799.php 

Interesting article.   Sounds like some are not affected, but others are.   I don't think I've seen the movie but would like to.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brandy333 said:

Interesting article.   Sounds like some are not affected, but others are.   I don't think I've seen the movie but would like to.

I do recall watching the unsolved mysteries episode about this story but I haven's seen the movie yet but would like to also now :yes:

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, thedutchiedutch said:

I do recall watching the unsolved mysteries episode about this story but I haven's seen the movie yet but would like to also now :yes:

Found the movie on You Tube.  I'm going to watch it later tonight.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Dustyrose33 said:

Found the movie on You Tube.  I'm going to watch it later tonight.

Thank you for sharing my friend :tu:

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Brandy333 said:

What do you think about it?

Based on the Unsolved Mysteries story, I think it's an open 'n' semi-shut case.

You do not build on cemeteries!

• Like 2

Building on not even that old burial cemetery has been known to stir up paranormal activity.

Read the whole article and haven't done the Papameter in awhile (I know it is popular with many here).

Papameter Reading

Paranormal Activity as a result of disturbing Black Hope Cemetery   85%                 All Normal   15%

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm a bit different than most Westerners when it comes to the dead and how to interact.

We cremate our dead and spread them back into the soil they came from.  In my Father's case, he went into the harbor of Lake Michigan. 

To me, the soil I walk on every day, is the bodies of all the life that's come and gone. 

It's part of my basic outlook of life.  The Land is literally the bodies of all those who've come before.

We literally grow our food in the bodies of those who've walked and flown before us.

They are the foundation of our lives and it's odd to me, to separate them in little bits of land that are then left isolated and a bit 'tainted' based on how most folks tone seems when they talk of it.

The modern notion of stashing corpses in untouchable copses and particularly in the treating them with chemicals to avoid natural decay is just plain alien to me.  Isolate your dead?  Never use the land they're buried in?  It seems quite immature and disconnected.  Picnics and baseball games... hide n seek and stargazing should be done on the land where our beloved lay...  Perhaps even getting down and creating of the next generation that will one day share the soil on which they were conceived...

Life thrives on decay.  The decaying food in your gut is literally fueling the energy to type your responses in this conversation. 

Life consumes other Life and through decay, sustains itself, for a time.

We go fishing and sit right where we spread the remains of my Father and his Wife, my Stepmum.

My Mum is spread out in a field in South Dakota.  Not far from Wounded Knee and Little Bighorn.

"Where are your lands now Crazy Horse?"

Crazy Horse: *pointing*  My lands are where my people lie buried.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If I've watched every Poltergeist movie a few times, will I be disappointed watching this one?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

If I've watched every Poltergeist movie a few times, will I be disappointed watching this one?

I don't think you will be disappointed.   I watched it tonight and felt it was good.  It has Patty Duke in it and I think she was a good actress.

• Thanks 2

What lets me down every time i see "true story" is its not, or rather no proof of the claims which make these stories nothing more.

Quixilver,

I understand your mindset,

Stivs girlfriend snorted a line of his ashes.