Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Dustyrose33

Doris Bither

Dustyrose33

https://beforeitsnews.com/paranormal/2015/07/doris-bither-and-the-real-story-behind-the-movie-the-entity-2493340.html

https://backpackerverse.com/doris-bither/

These articles talk about Doris Bither, the real person for which the movie The Entity was made.  I saw the movie, and the first half was pretty good but the last part was mostly fictional.   Actually the movie was loosely based on the true case, which made Doris look like an ordinary single mother undergoing a paranormal experience.   In real life she had a rather hard life, turned to booze for emotional support, and had dabbled in the occult and used a Quija board as a teen.  None of that was brought up in the movie.  However, all in all I liked the show.

Edited by Dustyrose33

papageorge1

Dusty, we had a thread on this not too long ago: Doris Bither Case        The discussion went on for 6 pages with the participants taking their expected point of view.

My take away was that the case for paranormal involvement was certainly overwhelming with the number of competent witnesses. The debate remaining after that was did the source of the paranormal phenomena come from Doris' psyche herself or an outside entity preying on a disturbed victim. I leaned towards outside entity myself as I recall. 

• Thanks 1

Dustyrose33
1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

Dusty, we had a thread on this not too long ago: Doris Bither Case        The discussion went on for 6 pages with the participants taking their expected point of view.

My take away was that the case for paranormal involvement was certainly overwhelming with the number of competent witnesses. The debate remaining after that was did the source of the paranormal phenomena come from Doris' psyche herself or an outside entity preying on a disturbed victim. I leaned towards outside entity myself as I recall. 

It's possible Doris was manifesting the experiences through psychokenesis.  However, one suggestion that it was outside forces was the fact soon after she and the family moved into the house a woman came and told her she used to live there and that there was evil there.

https://www.somethinwicked.com/wiki-doris-bither-poltergeist/

This is a rather lenghthy article, and at the end I think the guy leans more toward the fact the family was causing the issues.  But were they?  The oldest son said when he played Black Sabbath it seemed to make the entities stronger.

Edited by Dustyrose33