Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
cuchulain

Good or Evil

cuchulain

You're the founding father of a new secret society. You based the society on nothing more than an idea, a curiosity. To see if you could actually get people to follow your crazy/weird/strange/fun - whatever it may be - cenral tenet. For the sake or argument my central tenet is this - 'There is no Dana, only Zuull'. Simply because it can mean anything if you take it metaphorically. Now you begin to amass followers, and they are looking to you for guidance. I have a simple question: Do you use this for good or for evil? 

I want to explore both sides of the argument.

And needless to say if anyone wants to join my society, hereby called 'The Minion Gatekeepers' just let me know;)

diddyman68

Sorry but i must decline the very kind offer to join your cult ,sorry,

secret society.

But if i decided to start a society and gathered many followers,i would use my powers for evil.

Especially since i have a bunch of easily manipulated drones at my disposal,everyone knows evil is more fun,(for me anyway )mmwwarharhar.

• Haha 1

XenoFish

I'll bring the kool-aid if someone schedules the asteroid. 

• Haha 2

dreamer screamer

You're the founding father of a new secret society.

Good and evil are nothing more than just a belief system.  

Scholar4Truth

Are there any rites of initiation? 

Orphalesion

Define "good" and "evil"
While I do think that there is such a thing as objective good and evil, there's also subjective good and evil.
And often people start out with good intentions only to then turn to evil actions...

• Like 1

diddyman68
2 hours ago, XenoFish said:

I'll bring the kool-aid if someone schedules the asteroid. 

Way ahead of you,

My fledgling cult,i mean secret society welcomes everyone,although i will employ a strict vetting process.

Property owners with a healthy bank balance will be offered prime jobs in the project,providing they sign my exclusive life insurance policy.( Don't bother reading the small print )

Kool-aid and asteroids are sooo 1970s, we at the ORDER OF THE HAMMER are so much more sophisticated than that.

Also I've heard the minion  gatekeepers are a bit lame.and they smell.:yes:

So cmon join my club, it'll be fun,while it lasts (for me anyway )

cuchulain
3 hours ago, Scholar4Truth said:

Are there any rites of initiation? 

I never thought about this, suggestion? 

cuchulain
4 hours ago, diddyman68 said:

Sorry but i must decline the very kind offer to join your cult ,sorry,

secret society.

Cult is such a harsh word. Hurts my cult-leader ears. 

• Haha 1

cuchulain
3 hours ago, Orphalesion said:

Define "good" and "evil"
While I do think that there is such a thing as objective good and evil, there's also subjective good and evil.
And often people start out with good intentions only to then turn to evil actions

This was the kind of answer I was expecting. Yes it definitely is subjective however there are certain blatant actions that can be considered good or evil or actions that seem good or evil but with opposite intentions. Like anything there are multiple grey areas.... 

Eon

Both. Sometimes you need evil to achieve the greater good.

Robotic Jew
On 11/22/2020 at 12:52 PM, cuchulain said:

You're the founding father of a new secret society. You based the society on nothing more than an idea, a curiosity. To see if you could actually get people to follow your crazy/weird/strange/fun - whatever it may be - cenral tenet. For the sake or argument my central tenet is this - 'There is no Dana, only Zuull'. Simply because it can mean anything if you take it metaphorically. Now you begin to amass followers, and they are looking to you for guidance. I have a simple question: Do you use this for good or for evil? 

I want to explore both sides of the argument.

And needless to say if anyone wants to join my society, hereby called 'The Minion Gatekeepers' just let me know;)

The answer to "good or evil" is always "both". It all depends on you're perception.