Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Evidence from cold cases binned by cops

Eldorado

Evidence in unsolved high-profile murders have been binned by West Midlands Police, a former senior detective claims.

And the list includes the death of 15-year-old Mark Billington, found hanged 36 years ago. The boy's bicycle was nearby.

The blunder has, the retired officer believes, prevented the murderer from being caught.

And he believes the killer is depraved Solihull child killer Brian Field, a monster whose name has been linked to a number of cases.

Full story at Birmingham Mail UK: Link

• Sad 1

Re Billington's death, I haven't found any info as to why an investigator would question manner.

Re any other unsolved cases, so far, I've looked into the disappearance of Patrick Warren and David Spencer (together when missing) and to me, there's definitely not enough reason to "link" Field.

Come to think about it, I'd expect that once a death is ruled suicide, loved ones would be offered the return of any personal items and that if they declined, such items- along with any other items collected from the scene- would be discarded. 

In the disappearance of Warren and Spencer, the only physical evidence I'm aware of is Warren's bike, found at their last known location...

The circumstances surrounding the triple murder of the Smith family strike me as very similar to the Durham family murder in the U.S., also unsolved.