Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Goddess of the Mist

[Solved] Status update

Recommended Posts

Goddess of the Mist

I posted what I thought was a funny status update last night and I noticed it is gone now. How can I find out what happened to it? If it was removed, shouldn't the poster know the reason?

  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Hankenhunter

Yes, I saw something similar in your blog entry on NDE's,( which I enjoyed very much, thank you) I couldnt post a comment. :no: Why would your blog entry be locked?

Edited by Hankenhunter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tiggs
2 hours ago, Goddess of the Mist said:

I posted what I thought was a funny status update last night and I noticed it is gone now. How can I find out what happened to it? If it was removed, shouldn't the poster know the reason?


Ah, that would be me.

I removed it, after receiving a report from one of our members.

Perhaps you've forgotten, but UM is a family-friendly forum.

From the forum rules:

3c. Profanity: Do not use profanity, crude language or attempt to deliberately bypass the profanity filters.

F-bombs on images definitely count as profanity, even if they're funny. Have to keep it clean, for the kids.

Apologies for not notifying you. Assumed it would be fairly obvious why it had been removed. My bad.

Tiggs
[Forum Mod Team]

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LightAngel
3 hours ago, Goddess of the Mist said:

I posted what I thought was a funny status update last night and I noticed it is gone now. How can I find out what happened to it? If it was removed, shouldn't the poster know the reason?

 

It was really funny :D - I also posted a reply, but I had a feeling someone would complain because of the language.

 

 

1 hour ago, Hankenhunter said:

Yes, I saw something similar in your blog entry on NDE's,( which I enjoyed very much, thank you) I couldnt post a comment. :no: Why would your blog entry be locked?

 

We can lock our blogs if we don't have time to discuss but still want to share something - I often lock my blogs. :yes:

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stiff

I wouldn't bank on any kind of notification for status removals.

I've had several removed, some of which contained none of the stuff mentioned in Tiggs post. Looks like you only need one snowflake to report something and your status is zapped with no explanation. Zip. Zilch. Nada.

Nazi.gif

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Saru
1 hour ago, Stiff said:

I wouldn't bank on any kind of notification for status removals.

I've had several removed, some of which contained none of the stuff mentioned in Tiggs post. Looks like you only need one snowflake to report something and your status is zapped with no explanation. Zip. Zilch. Nada.

Nazi.gif

I've just gone back through hundreds of your status updates and the small handful that were removed were all crude sexual references.

I would imagine that the reason for the removal of such content is obvious, we shouldn't need to contact you with an explicit explanation.

You agreed not to post this type of material on the forum when you checked the terms of service box upon registering.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Eldorado
1 hour ago, Stiff said:

I wouldn't bank on any kind of notification for status removals.

I've had several removed, some of which contained none of the stuff mentioned in Tiggs post. Looks like you only need one snowflake to report something and your status is zapped with no explanation. Zip. Zilch. Nada.

Nazi.gif

 

9 hours ago, Goddess of the Mist said:

I posted what I thought was a funny status update last night and I noticed it is gone now. How can I find out what happened to it? If it was removed, shouldn't the poster know the reason?

It was me who complained.  I found the big "F-You!" offensive because this is not the place for such humour.  (I've been guilty myself!)

Decent websites have standards, and if they are not kept the place soon turns into just another den of iniquity.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Goddess of the Mist

Sorry guys and gals if I have offended anyone!  I am obviously way too immune to offensive language.  That, and I had apparently forgotten the rules around here.  :tu:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Goddess of the Mist
22 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

Yes, I saw something similar in your blog entry on NDE's,( which I enjoyed very much, thank you) I couldnt post a comment. :no: Why would your blog entry be locked?

I haven't had a blog here in a while.  When I did, I had never locked it for comments that I know of.  Are you sure it was mine?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hankenhunter
1 hour ago, Goddess of the Mist said:

I haven't had a blog here in a while.  When I did, I had never locked it for comments that I know of.  Are you sure it was mine?

My apologies. I confused you with another poster with a similar name. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LightAngel
8 hours ago, Goddess of the Mist said:

Sorry guys and gals if I have offended anyone!  I am obviously way too immune to offensive language.  That, and I had apparently forgotten the rules around here.  :tu:

 

I don't like swear words. However, I'm not a fanatic either - and your status update was innocent and funny! :yes:

You posted an innocent status update that didn't hurt anybody, but it contained a swear word (and that is against the rules in this forum - and I accept that )

However, I think this shows that sometimes words mean nothing unless you have bad intentions.

 

I would worry more about the obnoxious behavior we all every now and then observe in the forum.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Goddess of the Mist
8 hours ago, LightAngel said:

 

I don't like swear words. However, I'm not a fanatic either - and your status update was innocent and funny! :yes:

You posted an innocent status update that didn't hurt anybody, but it contained a swear word (and that is against the rules in this forum - and I accept that )

However, I think this shows that sometimes words mean nothing unless you have bad intentions.

 

I would worry more about the obnoxious behavior we all every now and then observe in the forum.

Thanks LightAngel - I certainly didn't mean any harm. I agree with you about the obnoxious behavior, and in some cases actual "bullying" that goes on here. From what I've observed, there's a group of them on here who seem to get off on making people feel stupid. They are a close-minded bunch too which makes me question what they're doing on a forum like this one in the first place! This should be for open-mindedness and sharing ideas.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.