Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

26,000 Afghan children killed or maimed

Eldorado

An average of five children have been killed or wounded every day for the past 14 years in war-torn Afghanistan, a charity has found.

Data from the UN showed at least 26,025 children were killed or maimed from 2005 to 2019, said Save the Children.

The charity has urged donor nations to protect the future of Afghan children ahead of a key meeting in Geneva.

Full report at the BBC: Link

• Sad 3

I wonder how many troops Joe will send back to Afghanistan?  The Bad Orange Man was trying to get the rest of them out.  Elections have consequences...

2 hours ago, and then said:

I wonder how many troops Joe will send back to Afghanistan?  The Bad Orange Man was trying to get the rest of them out.  Elections have consequences...

Isn't he still trying? I was under the impression that negotiations with the taliban in Afghanistan were happening as we speak.

• Like 2

On 11/23/2020 at 10:36 AM, Kismit said:

Isn't he still trying? I was under the impression that negotiations with the taliban in Afghanistan were happening as we speak.

AFAIK, yes, he is still trying but he has MOST of DC working against him on that.  There was an admission a week or so ago that military leaders in the Pentagon actually LIED to the president, telling him there were far fewer troops left there than the number actually was.  To my knowledge nothing like that has EVER happened before in our history.  So, it's as though the bureaucrats in DC decided just to ignore him as though he weren't elected.  I expect there to be some kind of "attack" or story about new hostilities that require MORE troops, not fewer.  The incoming administration will undo everything Trump did and that will include the peace in the M.E.  The military industrial complex is alive and well and on a pace to grow.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1