Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mysterious monolith found in Utah

Desertrat56

Interesting, to me, that it was so painstakingly and firmly attached/anchored to the earth/rock ,and apparently built of a long lasting material.   I'm curious as to what might be inside.   ??    Thanks for posting it Desert.

• Like 2

The mysterious silver monolith in the Utah desert has disappeared

(CNN)A tall, silver, shining metal monolith discovered in the desert in southeastern Utah -- which prompted theories of alien placement and drew determined hikers to its secret location -- has now disappeared, the state's Bureau of Land Management said Saturday. The monolith was removed by an "unknown party" sometime Friday night, the agency said in a Facebook post. "We have received credible reports that the illegally installed structure, referred to as the 'monolith,' has been removed" from BLM public lands, the post said.

CNN

:blink:

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Eldorado said:

You beat me to it!

Edited by Princess Serenity
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

@Toast beat us both!

Oh well. *Shrugs*

• Like 1

Probably, the owner of the property removed it because there was so much attention on it and people already trekking across his/her land to view it.  If it were on my property I would remove it.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Desertrat56 said:

Probably, the owner of the property removed it because there was so much attention on it and people already trekking across his/her land to view it.  If it were on my property I would remove it.

Well, the monolith was on public BLM land...but I dunno if you had to cross private land to get there.    I think if it was on my land I'd try to add to the hype and sell tickets :P

• Haha 2

I just came across this article. Reddit users had pinpointed the approximate time the monolith appeared. They found the movie WestWorld was being filmed nearby in that time frame.

This link also says BLM denied removing the monolith and they don't know who did.

https://www.cnet.com/news/mysterious-utah-monolith-puzzle-has-been-solved-by-internet-sleuths/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=news_tab&utm_content=algorithm&fbclid=IwAR1bP3u7gMQS-xKv0oQ_JZ1uqOcdzPTq5pC4-jc30MnDrl1Ndx1FdmVHSNg

BLM are saying they did not remove it.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/mysterious-monolith-rural-utah-has-vanished-officials-say-n1249272

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/28/us/monolith-utah-disappeared.html

Edited by susieice
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

Ufo confirmed lol

lol. Maybe the aliens took it back. We are not worthy yet :lol:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, susieice said:

I just came across this article. Reddit users had pinpointed the approximate time the monolith appeared. They found the movie WestWorld was being filmed nearby in that time frame.

This link also says BLM denied removing the monolith and they don't know who did.

https://www.cnet.com/news/mysterious-utah-monolith-puzzle-has-been-solved-by-internet-sleuths/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=news_tab&utm_content=algorithm&fbclid=IwAR1bP3u7gMQS-xKv0oQ_JZ1uqOcdzPTq5pC4-jc30MnDrl1Ndx1FdmVHSNg

BLM are saying they did not remove it.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/mysterious-monolith-rural-utah-has-vanished-officials-say-n1249272

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/28/us/monolith-utah-disappeared.html

It does look “Westworld-y”.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, lightly said:

Well, the monolith was on public BLM land...but I dunno if you had to cross private land to get there.    I think if it was on my land I'd try to add to the hype and sell tickets :P

BLM land is not all public.

I'm reminded of a Sun headline back in the 70's, in which it was revealed that a Lancaster Bomber had been photographed on the moon.

A senior astronomer wrote to the paper, snottily informing them that he had looked carefully at the alledged area that the bomber had been photographed at, and had found no sign of any bomber, implying that the story was hogwash.

The next day, the paper reported: "Lancaster bomber on moon: MISSING ! "

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Haha 5

21 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

Sold from scrap, lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Jon the frog said:

Sold from scrap, lol

Yep, what else would you do with it?  

• Haha 2

On 11/23/2020 at 8:26 PM, Tatetopa said:

Is it an art installation?

It has the Trump election frauds evidences in its atomic structure, that´s why it was removed and hidden

• Like 1

A tall, silver, shining metal monolith discovered in the desert in southeastern Utah -- which prompted theories of alien placement and drew determined hikers to its secret location -- has now disappeared, the state's Bureau of Land Management said Saturday.
The monolith was removed by an "unknown party" sometime Friday night, the agency said in a Facebook post.

Here is our official statement on the rumors surrounding the "#Monolith:" We have received credible reports that the...

Posted by Bureau of Land Management - Utah on Saturday, November 28, 2020
"We have received credible reports that the illegally installed structure, referred to as the 'monolith,' has been removed" from BLM public lands, the post said.
"The BLM did not remove the structure, which is considered private property."

'We've got to go look at it!'

The monolith was first discovered November 18 by officers from the Utah Department of Public Safety's Aero Bureau.
They were flying by helicopter, helping the Division of Wildlife Resources count bighorn sheep in southeastern Utah, when they spotted something that seemed right out of "2001: A Space Odyssey."

• Like 1

It just appeared on my newsfeed on Facebook so I thought I'd share it here

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9001495/Now-mysterious-Arthur-C-Clarke-style-monolith-appears-ROMANIA-vanished-Utah.html