Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mysterious monolith found in Utah

Desertrat56

Kind of weird, it does not seem otherworldly, but it does seem strange.

• Like 1

I tried to look up stainless steel monoliths but got nothing useful.  There is a steel company in Salt Lake City.

3 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Is it an art installation?

It doesn't look like an art installation. Besides who would install art for the sheep?  The only reason someone even saw it was because of the sheep. 

Edited by Desertrat56

1 minute ago, Desertrat56 said:

It doesn't look like an art installation.

Well maybe a plague and unreasonably strong hurricanes over the last couple of years were just  so subtle we put the message on ignore.

6 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

It doesn't look like an art installation. Besides who would install art for the sheep?  The only reason someone even saw it was because of the sheep. 

Here's who....

Sam_and_Ralph_clock.png

• Haha 4

It could quite simply be something that fell off a chopper whilst taking it from A to B... OR it's from the the future left in the past to arrise now before the Klenkingers come and take us to their homepatch?

• Like 3

The same people who put up the Georgia Guidestones put this one up.  Only this time they didn't have any advice.  They figured the people were now so stupid, so culturally vapid, so morally

corrupt that there was nothing they could say that could change the course of human evolution (devolving).

Edited by tortugabob
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Do they have enough cold temperature that a stupid tourist hiker could stick his tongue on it and die from deshydratation? 

Edited by Jon the frog
  • Haha 2

“Open the pod bay doors HAL.”

“I’m afraid I’m not at liberty to do that Dave.”

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Third phase of the Moon has been covering this the last couple of days. Someone that owns a ranch in the area said the town saw this thing made a

• Confused 1

I have so many questions. What is its composition and how it is fixated into the ground im such a remote place. I was reading about it yesterday and they don't want to disclose the location due to its inaccessibility and the likelihood that people would get stuck or lost and need rescue trying to get there. Given the location i think this might be a lot older than people realize.

Edited by Nnicolette
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Nnicolette said:

I have so many questions. What is its composition and how it is fixated into the ground im such a remote place. I was reading about it yesterday and they don't want to disclose the location due to its inaccessibility and the likelihood that people would get stuck or lost and need rescue trying to get there. Given the location i think this might be a lot older than people realize.

The material seems to be aluminium or stainless steel. The object isnt solid but hollow, the screws/rivets are clearly visible so its made with metal sheets. I estimate the weight at someting between 25 and 50kgs, so it can be moved easily and easily fixed into the ground.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Maybe that spot is special to someone for some reason. I don't find it that odd that someone would erect something like this out there and not tell anyone, people are weird and do strange things. Maybe they did it just to see how long it would take for anyone to find it.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 4

Cool art piece. Might also be set dressing for a film. It's likely to be removed, as whoever did it didn't have permission. Oh well.
If it is sheets screwed together, it could have been carried in and installed pretty easily by a few people. Still would have been a chore, but not impossible, and it wouldn't require a helicopter either.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, toast said:

The material seems to be aluminium or stainless steel. The object isnt solid but hollow, the screws/rivets are clearly visible so its made with metal sheets. I estimate the weight at someting between 25 and 50kgs, so it can be moved easily and easily fixed into the ground.

Well to me "looks like stainless steel" does not equate to stainless steel. I would think the composition would determine origin. I didn't know it was hollow though or see any bolts or fasteners, where did you get that info? It's the opposite of what i read.

I didn't know it was hollow though or see any bolts or fasteners, where did you get that info? It's the opposite of what i read.

Check 00:18 and 00:25 (at least):

• Like 5

All of the sides have rivets running up them. Apparently some type of art project. From the way it looks it might be stainless steel or polished aluminum, though I suspect stainless. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1