Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is this the boyhood home of Jesus?

Eldorado

"You're not going to find an inscription saying this is the house of Jesus," Ken Dark admits, but the professor of archaeology and history at England's Reading University believes there's a strong case to be made for the house he's been studying for 14 years.

The house in question, or what's left of it, can be found underneath the Sisters of Nazareth convent in central Nazareth, Israel.

It's near the famous Church of the Annunciation, the spot where many Christians believe the angel Gabriel informed Mary that she would have a child.

The building has been dated to the first century AD and, according to Professor Dark, it appears to be "a typical family home of its time and place."

Full article at CBS: Link

The Times (UK): Link

Arab News: Link

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

Papameter's got to give a few percent chance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eldorado said:

"You're not going to find an inscription saying this is the house of Jesus,"

That's a bit obvious! :lol:

It'll be a blue plaque.

• Haha 5

Locating the possible birthplace of the historic Jesus has very little relevance, or historic value in establishing his existence, unless you unearth bits of his umbilical cord, and compare it to whatever "Jesus DNA" you have managed to collect. But don't despair, there is ample proof of Jesus's [Jeshua's] presence and studies in the Tibetan schools, where part of his life was documented.

Ancient but reliable records inform us that Jesus was real, but unfortunately, his story has been hijacked, distorted, reinvented, and sold as a religion of conquest. Roman Christianity grew into the most criminally destructive organization to have cursed this planet. The Cross of Constantine became the symbol of spiritual domination and enslavement of the indigenous worlds. Billions were slaughtered under the false cross of liberation.

How did it start? In those days, Rome was the dominant power on the land, and Romans were always looking for sources of power, to take and control what they coveted. It was around 70 CE, when Roman conqueror Titus witnessed how organized religion motivated the Hebrews at Masada, to die on mass. It opened his eyes to the supreme power of organized religion, and how it could be used as a second form of governance, one that controls the defeated through their hearts and minds. Rome's elites, like the Flavians, recruited and paid knowledgeable Hebrew ghost writers like political turncoat Josephus, and others, to create false gospels. Rome inserted a spy named Saul of Tarsus, [renamed Paul] into the fledgling Christian movement, to corrupt and sabotage the real Jesus ministry. Peter and the real apostles condemned Paul the Heretic for his constant interference, and the confusion he was creating through his Judaic orthodox teachings which went against everything that Jesus taught. . 

About 150 years ago, the great student and expert on world religions, Helena Blavatsky, studied, compared, and summed up the Roman gospels as little more than forgeries based on Hebrew lore.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Ha! Blavatsky calling someone else a fake! Lovely bit of irony!

I’m sure you want to know more: just Venmo me $29.95 and I’ll send you a copy of my book “The Gods Told Me Blavatsky Was a Con: What I Learned From Fake Old Religions I Made Up One Tuesday Morning, From Languages I Don’t Know, and Other Things You’re Too Lazy to Learn About but Just Gullible Enough to Believe”!

—Jaylemurph 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Absolutely no way to prove this - it could just as easily been Joe the bartender's house but because it's where it is - it must be jesus's house. What a bunch of malarkey!! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

No it isnt. As written in the bible, young Jesus had a bouncy castle but there was no bouncy castle found at that location.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, toast said:

No it isn't. As written in the bible, young Jesus had a bouncy castle but there was no bouncy castle found at that location.

It was seized by Crusaders in the 12th century and carried back to Rome.  There is no clear record of where it was for the next 600 years, although it is believed it spent some time in Scunthorpe. 

The next authentic sighting was in 1754 in Tashkent where it appeared to a young girl, and warned her that a terrible disaster was about to befall humanity.  And sure enough, just 204 years later, Michael Jackson was born.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

How many other families would have lived there both before and after? How can any scientist make a statement more ambitious than he would probably have lived in a place like this?

• Like 2

best that can be said is that it was a house of the type that Jesus if he existed may have lived in, or maybe not. 

Edited by RAyMO
  • Like 3

It bull**** ridiculous--there's absolutely no way of proving it. It's just more farcical religiosity masquerading as archaeology.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

ahem.... 

Jesus said, “My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jewish leaders.

~

Or give of thousands of dollars out of the goodness of their hearts, Jesus needs a new private plane... 

~

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

It bull**** ridiculous--there's absolutely no way of proving it. It's just more farcical religiosity masquerading as archaeology.

Maybe he'll find more evidence there?  Perhaps some graffiti - "Jesus woz ere" (in Aramaic), or an old calendar from 4 BC with Dec 25th circled and "Baby due!" (in Aramaic).  Or a pair of socks with his name stitched in.  Or - you know those gaudy plastic mugs with the kids' names on them?  One of those.  Or a signed photo - that would convince me.  A school report?  "Jesus continues to muck around in Home Economics, turning water into wine and bread into human flesh.  Disgusting: F-"

• Haha 2

On 11/25/2020 at 11:56 AM, jaylemurph said:

Ha! Blavatsky calling someone else a fake! Lovely bit of irony!

I’m sure you want to know more: just Venmo me $29.95 and I’ll send you a copy of my book “The Gods Told Me Blavatsky Was a Con: What I Learned From Fake Old Religions I Made Up One Tuesday Morning, From Languages I Don’t Know, and Other Things You’re Too Lazy to Learn About but Just Gullible Enough to Believe”!

—Jaylemurph 

Jaylemurph,,,why do blowhards enjoy moving empty air??? At least it gets you noticed.

The Thrice Great, Madame Blavatsky, was one of the first true students of: spirituality, religion, and cultures. She had an insatiable hunger for truth, and she became a pathfinder to the ancient truths left behind by humanity. She spent most of her life traveling and collecting information that allowed her gain understanding that opened doors into spirituality, spiritualism, and religions. She was perhaps the first to openly compare and criticize religions, based on her intimate knowledge of their beginnings. Many would follow in her footsteps, but no one was as deep or comprehensive as Blavatsky. Joseph Campbell, Michael Harner, and others repeated much of her work.

• Haha 4

She was a fraud, full stop. We literally have the testimony of her co-conspirators how she faked her “miracles” and what lies she told. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.atlasobscura.com/articles/the-unmasking-of-the-19th-centurys-seance-queen.amp

You can choose not believe the facts like a five-year-old, but you can’t /deny/ the facts. 

—Jaylemurph 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1