Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Every boardroom must have a woman

Eldorado

Germany’s coalition government will introduce a mandatory quota for the number of women working as senior management in the country’s listed companies, in a move hailed as a “historic” step towards sexual equality in German boardrooms.

In a deal agreed on Friday evening by Angela Merkel’s Christian Democrats and their junior partner the Social Democrats, management boards with more than three members must include at least one woman, reversing a voluntary system that critics argue has failed to achieve the required shift towards gender equality.

Ful monty at the UK Guardian: Link

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

Germany’s coalition government will introduce a mandatory quota for the number of women working as senior management in the country’s listed companies, in a move hailed as a “historic” step towards sexual equality in German boardrooms.

In a deal agreed on Friday evening by Angela Merkel’s Christian Democrats and their junior partner the Social Democrats, management boards with more than three members must include at least one woman, reversing a voluntary system that critics argue has failed to achieve the required shift towards gender equality.

It sounds like a different type of affirmative action to me.  

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

I`m against mandatory quotas, its should be based on ability only not sex.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Aha, I think I see their mistake.

It's every Bedroom should have a women :P 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, acute said:

If the woman is sitting at the boardroom table, who's gonna serve the refreshments?

That's going to get you a visit from the Gender Constables. :angry: :P

• Haha 5

Hopefully on a merit basis not simply because shes female. I want to see an equal and fair gender system that includes the physical side of life not just board room brains. 

4 minutes ago, Aroundthecorner said:

Hopefully on a merit basis not simply because shes female.

I would be insulted if I got a job based on my gender. If I had any doubt I wouldn't take it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I don't agree with positive discrimination/ affirmative action.

'Token women', and quotas of none-whites, is not the way to go.

• Like 7

You cannot have equality of opportunity coupled with Equal outcome.

As per above, to try and force equal outcome removes equal opportunity.

Equal opportunity is a must to maximise our progression.

Positive discrimination and affirmative action literally contradicts and destroys the very essence of its proposed purpose.. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

I`m against mandatory quotas, its should be based on ability only not sex.

tell that concept good bye,  it is a liberal world now.  they fight not against institutionalized  racism \sexism, they fight FOR it. as long it is against white males,

i've seen plenty of board meetings there is ALWAYS  females there, always were. 

Edited by aztek
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

All those in favour of turning women into a quota statistic - raise your hand.  (silence)

Spectre's Incredibly Subtle CGI: Before and After - Tom Butler

Reminds me of this scene.

• Haha 1

On 11/23/2020 at 9:41 PM, acute said:

If the woman is sitting at the boardroom table, who's gonna serve the refreshments?

She needs a pretty male bimbo to serve her, fetch her breakfast and dinner, and take care of any `personal extras` lol.

Some businesses are quite unprofessional from favouritism and exploitation, to male boards thinking women are incapable of leadership. It does happen, but I cannot help but think many women who get annoyed by it lack the experience and people skills needed to navigate through it and end up on the board.

Simply pointing out to the person why its unacceptable and unfair is often enough to fix it.

On 11/24/2020 at 2:22 AM, Aroundthecorner said:

Hopefully on a merit basis not simply because shes female. I want to see an equal and fair gender system that includes the physical side of life not just board room brains. 

That's all we women have asked for, for years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hopefully women will get equal rights when they receive their draft registration cards. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, tortugabob said:

Hopefully women will get equal rights when they receive their draft registration cards. 

Let us know when you receive yours

On 11/23/2020 at 2:31 PM, Eldorado said:

Does this include an guy who identifies as a woman, ( Bob looks at Joe nodding yes, Joe are you a woman, Joe says yes, quota met), lets move on.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, tortugabob said:

That might be a good point, since we don't do a draft in the U.S. but young men do still have to register.  Nowadays women are on the front lines in the U.S. military so it is werid that they even still have a draft registration.   Maybe instead that should be stopped.

Edited by Desertrat56

Why single out boardrooms? How about every rubbish collection lorry must have a woman or every road tarmac team must  have a woman?

Edited by itsnotoutthere