Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The only turkeys allow this year are in power

Aroundthecorner

The governor of Oregon has sparked outrage by saying that neighbors should call the police if they find another family celebrating Thanksgiving with a large gathering in their home, in what one local official said turned people into 'second-rate slaves' in their own homes.

Kate Brown, the Democrat ruler of the state, announced on November 17 that new restrictions would be put in place the following day, with no more than six people allowed inside any one home.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8980127/Oregon-Governor-Brown-tells-neighbors-call-POLICE-COVID-violators-Thanksgiving.html

• Sad 1

So let me get this straight

Black people getting shot by cops: Well they should just obey the law

Being told to stay home on thanksgiving and not give grandma covid: THIS IS TYRANNY! GIVE US STUFFING OR GIVE US DEATH!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

They can have their coke and sniff it but not a turkey and eat it. 

• Confused 1

Just now, Aroundthecorner said:

They can have their coke and sniff it but not a turkey and eat it. 

Oregon decriminalized it, that means that if you get caught with a small amount, you get shoved into treatment instead of thrown in the slammer. 

• Like 1

It might get a little tough.  Our cases have been skyrocketing in the last month.  Now it seems that everybody knows several people that have been infected and had an easy or a hard time recovering.    The governor is getting  more strict.

South Dakota and North Dakota have recently been in the news. for being covid hot spots.  We have about as many infections, (60.000+)  and deaths  (just over 800)  as they do, but they each have about 800,000 people and we have 4 million.     I think the plan in Oregon is to minimize the number of infections and deaths while waiting for the vaccine to come out. 

If we were at the same voluntary non-precaution level as South Dakota and North Dakota and our death rate was compatible, there would be 4,000 Oregonians dead.  Some of them would be my friends.

Most people would feel remorse if they went driving drunk with four of their friends, and had a wreck that killed one of them.

I won't equate wearing a mask to driving sober, but some sense of responsibility to friends and family does apply  when it comes to taking precautions.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

It might get a little tough.  Our cases have been skyrocketing in the last month.  Now it seems that everybody knows several people that have been infected and had an easy or a hard time recovering.    The governor is getting  more strict.

South Dakota and North Dakota have recently been in the news. for being covid hot spots.  We have about as many infections, (60.000+)  and deaths  (just over 800)  as they do, but they each have about 800,000 people and we have 4 million.     I think the plan in Oregon is to minimize the number of infections and deaths while waiting for the vaccine to come out. 

If we were at the same voluntary non-precaution level as South Dakota and North Dakota and our death rate was compatible, there would be 4,000 Oregonians dead.  Some of them would be my friends.

Most people would feel remorse if they went driving drunk with four of their friends, and had a wreck that killed one of them.

I won't equate wearing a mask to driving sober, but some sense of responsibility to friends and family does apply  when it comes to taking precautions.

Very well said,

I had something hit me close to home last week a lady was told a person at her work tested covid pos just as she was getting a fever so she self isolates and is tested and while shes waiting for test result her partner brings her food taking zero percations.

He goes to his job and her tests comes back pos, she contacts her partner but too late it caused his entire plant to have to close,

So countless people lost jobs i have no idea if they get paid leave or the company will hurt i do not know if anyone will get very sick or die i hope not but thats not the point.

It makes me think of your drunk driver example, how many people have been killed in drinking related motorcrashes because of someone just being stupid careless, not $atan but just being dumb,

And its to me the same mentality when it comes to people who spead covid theres no excuse for being stupid careless about it.

Yet i see so many people braying as loudly as they can its their right to be stupid about covid.

• Thanks 2