Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump leaves minority votes on table

Grim Reaper 6

Just as he began his long march to the White House by touting the racist "birther theory" that Barack Obama was not an American citizen, Trump and his allies are choregraphing his slow walk away from the Oval Office to a backbeat of accusations that the election was stolen from him in heavily African American cities such as Detroit, Philadelphia, Milwaukee and Atlanta.

These charges of urban voting fraud -- the distant bookend to his birther slanders -- underscore how much Trump's political message revolves around convincing his coalition that an insidious combination of disdainful elites and dangerous minorities is unfairly taking away "our country," as he often calls America. https://edition.cnn.com/2020/11/24/politics/trump-gop-minority-voters/index.html

Really the themes that we see, that persist, are this: Black people are corrupt, Black people are incompetent and Black people can't be trusted," she said. "That's the narrative that is continually espoused by the Trump campaign and their allies in these lawsuits."  https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/the-racist-rhetoric-behind-accusing-largely-black-cities-of-voter-fraud/ar-BB1bdbov

Phones were ringing in Detroit, Philadelphia and Pittsburgh, and on the line was a robocall with an ominous campaign message: If you want to vote by mail, it warned, your personal information will be turned over to the police and to debt collectors.

The call played on crude racial stereotypes and was blatantly false — but dishonesty was the point. Whoever engineered it apparently wanted to sow confusion and fear among people of color in Democratic strongholds before the Nov. 3 presidential election. Far from an aberration, UC Berkeley scholars say, the robocall was just one flashpoint in a wider campaign playing out in courtrooms, legislative chambers and political communication in battleground states and nationwide. https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/forum/130-us-politics/?do=add

• Like 1

Firstly, in what way - exactly - is the "Birther" conspiracy racist ? Because it is targeted at a black man ? You'll have to do better than THAT. 

Secondly, the rest of your article doesn't quote Trump, but rather a number of journalists. In addition, it makes (through the journalists) a number of unfounded accusations. 

Pretty Poor stuff, @Manwon Lender. All you are proving is that CNN and MSN have a pathalogical hatred of Donald Trump that twists and distorts their  "journalism". I think we worked THAT out a couple of years ago :D

• Like 4
  • Confused 3

8 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Firstly, in what way - exactly - is the "Birther" conspiracy racist ? Because it is targeted at a black man ? You'll have to do better than THAT. 

Secondly, the rest of your article doesn't quote Trump, but rather a number of journalists. In addition, it makes (through the journalists) a number of unfounded accusations. 

Pretty Poor stuff, @Manwon Lender. All you are proving is that CNN and MSN have a pathalogical hatred of Donald Trump that twists and distorts their  "journalism". I think we worked THAT out a couple of years ago :D

Thanks for your opinion but, you are blatantly proving that you are either are not being honest, or that you choose to distort the facts themselves. Their are three sources listed, and just because you doubt them, I am going to add some additional sources and really expand this topic, and I am going to do it all for you my friend, know matter how much you intentionally attempt to denie it!'

Take Care Brother, and it only is going to get more transparent as this go's along:D

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

indeed....

I have heard that the whole 'birther' thing began with the Clinton campaign to become the Democrat Candidate...
that it was born as a political attempt to turn Democrats away from Obama...in 2008 ...

I will try to search out the link that talked about it if necessary - but apparently it (allegedly) wasn't about a false birth certificate as such.. 

emails were circulated by Clinton supporters talking about Obama's mother being in the very late stages of pregnancy in Kenya and so unable to fly... then as soon as she could after the birth she flew back to America (Hawaii) and got Obama's birth registered... so the actual birth certificate was genuine but the place of birth questionable...

not saying this is true but it was all about politics so shifting it to accuse Trump and anyone else asking questions in the past as racist is missing the point....... IMO....

Edited by bee
  • Haha 4

12 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Thanks for your opinion but, you are blatantly proving that you are either are not being honest, or that you choose to distort the facts themselves. Their are three sources listed, and just because you doubt them, I am going to add some additional sources and really expand this topic, and I am going to do it all for you my friend, know matter how much you intentionally attempt to denie it!'

Take Care Brother, and it only is going to get more transparent as this go's along:D

Your sources where CNN, MSN, and the Washington Post. All where highly opinionated, and made allegations of racism without any sort of meaningful corroboration. :) 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Well ML dont think its not noticed,

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/black-detroit-voters-sue-trump-campaign-effort-invalidate/story?id=74338935

Trump hasnt been subtle that he is a racist, his style of hate reminds me of archie bunker except archie could grow and learn not trump he fanned fires of racial tensions and believe you me it cost him votes and not just votes of non whites.

Im curious trumped howled about obamas BC has trump ever presented meleinas or is that like his taxes

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Your sources where CNN, MSN, and the Washington Post. All where highly opinionated, and made allegations of racism without any sort of meaningful corroboration. :) 

Is "corroboration" same as proof like what trump doesnt present with his claims of vote fraud.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, bee said:

indeed....

I have heard that the whole 'birther' thing began with the Clinton campaign to become the Democrat Candidate...
that it was born as a political attempt to turn Democrats away from Obama...in 2008 ...

I will try to search out the link that talked about it if necessary - but apparently it (allegedly) wasn't about a false birth certificate as such.. 

emails were circulated by Clinton supporters talking about Obama's mother being in the very late stages of pregnancy in Kenya and so unable to fly... then as soon as she could after the birth she flew back to America (Hawaii) and got Obama's birth registered... so the actual birth certificate was genuine but the place of birth questionable...

not saying this is true but it was all about politics so shifting it to accuse Trump and anyone else asking questions in the past as racist is missing the point....... IMO....

Yes, birtherism was briefly used by Clinton supporters in 2008. But the idea was first proposed elsewhere: https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/hillary-clinton-started-birther-movement/

That Hillary Clinton supporters circulated such an e-mail isn’t in question, but the claim that that’s the moment the birther theory “first emerged” simply isn’t true. The likeliest point of origin we’ve been able to find was a post on conservative message board FreeRepublic.com dated 1 March 2008 (which, according to a report in The Telegraph, was at least a month before Clinton supporters got on the e-mail bandwagon)...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Is "corroboration" same as proof like what trump doesnt present with his claims of vote fraud.

Stop trying to change the subject. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

41 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Regarding robocalls, here's an article of interest: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-11-04/us-election-robocalls-urge-to-stay-home-received-by-australians/12848866

The interesting bit isn't about Australians receiving American robocalls - that's just weird. The interesting bit was this:

Robocalls, with similar or identical messages urging Americans to stay home, were received in a series of battleground states, including Florida and Iowa.

Officials in Kansas also reported getting reports of the same kind of call.

In Michigan, officials said they saw a separate batch of robocalls urging residents in the heavily African-American city of Flint to "vote tomorrow" — the day after the election — due to purported long lines.

"Obviously, this is false and an effort to suppress the vote," Michigan Attorney-General Dana Nessel said in a message posted to Twitter.

Edited by Peter B
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Well ML dont think its not noticed,

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/black-detroit-voters-sue-trump-campaign-effort-invalidate/story?id=74338935

Trump hasnt been subtle that he is a racist, his style of hate reminds me of archie bunker except archie could grow and learn not trump he fanned fires of racial tensions and believe you me it cost him votes and not just votes of non whites.

Im curious trumped howled about obamas BC has trump ever presented meleinas or is that like his taxes

Well lets see now... Detroit has a population of 670,000. There are precisely THREE people in Detroit who are attempting (via the NAACP) to sue Trump for his attempt to challenge the election outcome. Three out of 670,000. You could probably find more than that who would sue Elvis for buzzing the Motown Museum in a UFO ! 

As for Trump being racist as a president, that seems rather counterintuitive, seeing as he did more for black people in the USA than Obama did in eight years ! :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Donald Trump isn't racist... but those USING false accusations of racism as a political tool.... are....

Trump has a lot of support from Black Americans... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Peter B said:

Yes, birtherism was briefly used by Clinton supporters in 2008. But the idea was first proposed elsewhere: https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/hillary-clinton-started-birther-movement/

ok... thanks for expanding on the subject...

so according to the Snopes link the Clinton Campaign made the first specific allegation... after some previous rumblings...

Though it’s true that the specific allegation that Obama wasn’t born in the U.S. first reared its head during the 2008 presidential race, rumblings about Obama’s “otherness” had been percolating since long before that. In 2004, a political gadfly named Andy Martin issued a press release calling Barack Obama a “complete fraud” who had “misrepresented his heritage” in his memoir, Dreams From My Father, and “is a Muslim who has concealed his religion.” The theme was pushed further in December 2006 by conservative columnist Debbie Schlussel, who published an article entitled “Barack Hussein Obama: Once a Muslim, Always a Muslim,” which stated that “Obama has a ‘born-again’ affinity for the nation of his Muslim father, Kenya.” In March 2007, Clinton campaign strategist Mark Penn proposed attacking Obama on the basis of his “lack of American roots.” And, in December 2007, a Clinton volunteer county coordinator in Iowa was fired for forwarding an e-mail making the by-then familiar claim that Obama is a Muslim.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Peter B said:

Regarding robocalls, here's an article of interest: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-11-04/us-election-robocalls-urge-to-stay-home-received-by-australians/12848866

The interesting bit isn't about Australians receiving American robocalls - that's just weird. The interesting bit was this:

It's almost certainly NOT to do with the elections. That particular message has been sent to people in the US (and Australia) up to a year BEFORE the elections ? Most strange. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Stop trying to change the subject. 

I questioned something you posted so then if my question about your post is a change of subject then your post itself was ipso facto off topic which then you should be directing your remark not at me but rather yourself.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Well lets see now... Detroit has a population of 670,000. There are precisely THREE people in Detroit who are attempting (via the NAACP) to sue Trump for his attempt to challenge the election outcome. Three out of 670,000. You could probably find more than that who would sue Elvis for buzzing the Motown Museum in a UFO ! 

As for Trump being racist as a president, that seems rather counterintuitive, seeing as he did more for black people in the USA than Obama did in eight years ! :) 

You seem to be in trump lost meltdown but your arent in  the USA so thats just asinine.

According to trump hes the "least" racist person in the room, lol, doing more for blacks than even Lincoln. Right :rolleyes:

And you know what even one person feeling disparaged by racism is too many,

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

It's almost certainly NOT to do with the elections. That particular message has been sent to people in the US (and Australia) up to a year BEFORE the elections ? Most strange. 

??

A robocall message sent on election day to "vote tomorrow" isn't related to the election? Seriously?

In Michigan, officials said they saw a separate batch of robocalls urging residents in the heavily African-American city of Flint to "vote tomorrow" — the day after the election — due to purported long lines.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

As for Trump being racist as a president, that seems rather counterintuitive, seeing as he did more for black people in the USA than Obama did in eight years !

I am interested what did  he do for Black people 

Before you start - employment figures don't count for trump as even a basic comprehension of stats show that the improving employment figures for all people black and white started and continued in a linear fashion from 2012. 

Edited by RAyMO
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Peter B said:

??

A robocall message sent on election day to "vote tomorrow" isn't related to the election? Seriously?

I don't believe that message was sent to Australians. Instead, they got the message 'stay safe', and they've been receiving them over the last year  ? (along with a whole lot of Americans).  

Closer to the election, many Americans received the same "stay safe" message. But the media has interpreted this as "stay safe and don't vote", as this allows them to write headlines critical of Trump. Oh, and if this message is received by a single black person, then it allows them to write about mass institutionalised racism, which is even better. 

As for the 'vote tommorrow' messages.. I believe two people have already been arrested for this ? 

Edited by RoofGardener

41 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Like I said before there only two reason why everytime this conversation is discussed you attempt to brush it off as meanness. First you are aware that it exists, but you will try to divert attention away from it because you also hold those beliefs yourself. Second, you are unable to grasp the truth of the situation, because it is beyond your ability to do so. Now, I know you are a very intelligent man, so that only leaves option one, since that appears to be the case there is no reason to discuss this any further with you

JIMO

Take Care my friend

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, RAyMO said:

I am interested what did  he do for Black people 

Before you start - employment figures don't count for trump as even a basic comprehension of stats show that the improving employment figures for all people black and white started and continued in a linear fashion from 2012. 

Employment DOES count - he continued the existing downward trend until it became a record low. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Like I said before there only two reason why everytime this conversation is discussed you attempt to brush it off as meanness. First you are aware that it exists, but you will try to divert attention away from it because you also hold those beliefs yourself. Second, you are unable to grasp the truth of the situation, because it is beyond your ability to do so. Now, I know you are a very intelligent man, so that only leaves option one, since that appears to be the case there is no reason to discuss this any further with you

JIMO

Take Care my friend

And how does this change the fact that your sources are HIGHLY bias, and make uncorroborated statements ? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Employment DOES count - he continued the existing downward trend until it became a record low. 

The employment figure trends were nothing to do with his policies they were the result of policies already enacted and global economics - the best you can claim here is that he did nothing to upset the apple cart 

so specifically what did he do for Black people? 

Edited by RAyMO
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, RoofGardener said:

I don't believe that message was sent to Australians. Instead, they got the message 'stay safe', and they've been receiving them over the last year  ? (along with a whole lot of Americans).  

Closer to the election, many Americans received the same "stay safe" message. But the media has interpreted this as "stay safe and don't vote", as this allows them to write headlines critical of Trump. Oh, and if this message is received by a single black person, then it allows them to write about mass institutionalised racism, which is even better. 

Denise of bending and twisting the facts to suit your beliefs, like you always do on their subject certainly is very suspicious. In addition who are you to say those people did not receive that message, I honestly your opinion is not a basis for fact. So either find some sources of you own from main stream media news outlets.

( Not the crap poor the sources that are frequently used here ) Other than that all you offer is your opinion, and anyone who debates or carries on a conversation based upon soneone opinionis dam fool. Until you offer news sources that back your view, sorry my friend but, I am through discussing this with you!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, bee said:

Donald Trump isn't racist... but those USING false accusations of racism as a political tool.... are....

Trump has a lot of support from Black Americans... 

Hello Bee do you know what the most Racist comment a White person can say is. Well I am not Racist I have a whole bunch of Black friends, kind of sounds familiar doesn't Bee!:)

• Like 1