Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Day One

toast

While talks of fruit the orange administration is busy packing its bindle on the end of a Billy Baroo

• Like 2

1 hour ago, toast said:

The banana republic is history, the USA are back to the tables. I like it. :tu:

Praise Jesus, praise Jesus, thank you friend, I appreciate you starting this thread.

take care

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, toast said:

Oh REALLY ? They're going to "meet these challenges on day one" ? 

Two thoughts: 

1. does "meeting a challenge" actually mean DOING anything about it, or just sitting round a table munching biscuits1 and talking about it ? 
  2. When - precisely - is "Day 1" ? 

Notes:

1) Preferably Garibaldi's

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Honestly, the damage is permanently done.  The word of the US means little more than air when we are just one election away from just disregarding any treaty or agreement on a whim.  Why do a peace treaty or trade deal with us at all if we can just arbitrarily walk away from our own promises?

Edited by Gromdor
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, toast said:

16 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Honestly, the damage is permanently done.  The word of the US means little more than air when we are just one election away from just disregarding any treaty or agreement on a whim.  Why do a peace treaty or trade deal with us at all if we can just arbitrarily walk away from our own promises?

The challenge is not getting the US back to the tables - the voters have done that - its keeping them there.

That I suspect means demonstrating the value to US voters of taking part and staying at the tables

Edited by RAyMO
  • Like 3

lmao, we'll be just fine, thank you all who do not live here, never been here, and  possibly never will, we care so much of your opinion, lol, NOT

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Praise Jesus, praise Jesus, thank you friend, I appreciate you starting this thread.

take care

Well, I`ve been waiting for 4 years now for this thread. :yes:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Gromdor said:

Other then Paris Climate accord and the Iran nuclear deal. I don't really see any drastic realignments.

We are still in NATO. Still active with Israel. 

If you asked someone who U.S allies are now vs 4 years ago it's basically the same. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, aztek said:

lmao, we'll be just fine, thank you all who do not live here, never been here, and  possibly never will, we care so much of your opinion, lol, NOT

I think the opinions of you and your dog do not represent the opinions of the majority of the US citizen.

Edited by toast
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Two thoughts: 

1. does "meeting a challenge" actually mean DOING anything about it, or just sitting round a table munching biscuits1 and talking about it ? 

Notes:

Time will tell.

Joe Biden and Kamala are in way over their heads.   The country will head down the tubes going forward.   More division is coming.   

Edited by Saru
Edited to removed 'pedo' reference - enough with that please.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

57 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Other then Paris Climate accord and the Iran nuclear deal. I don't really see any drastic realignments.

If you asked someone who U.S allies are now vs 4 years ago it's basically the same. 

Even so 2 very big global issues. 

plus better relationships with international parties and perhaps more respect for the USA abroad which has plummeted in recent years. 

Edited by RAyMO
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Gromdor said:

It also depends on what happens with Trump. If it turns out he can keep on trumping without consequences, yes, that will make international community think there's no guarantee of stability in the US. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

Did you forget the WHO?

By the way, I totally expect the clown to pardon himself instead of the turkey. Or claims he's the turkey, then deny it the next day but insist on the pardon being real. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

By the way, I totally expect the clown to pardon himself instead of the turkey. Or claims he's the turkey, then deny it the next day but insist on the pardon being real. 

I'm lost, are you talking about Trump?  Once he is no longer president he can't pardon anyone except maybe someone who owes him money, but for him I think it is the other way around, he owes everyone else money.  And he is no longer protected from prosecution of any crime.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

I'm lost, are you talking about Trump?  Once he is no longer president he can't pardon anyone except maybe someone who owes him money, but for him I think it is the other way around, he owes everyone else money.  And he is no longer protected from prosecution of any crime.

Yes, I'm talking about Trump. He has turkey to pardon, doesn't he? Or it was already done? If it's already over, has anyone checked whose name is in the papers? Turkey's or Trump's? Was the turkey accidentally named Donald? 

On a bit more serious side, the horror of the situation is in the fact that no one sane is really certain there will be any consequences for Trump's devastation of the US because there's roughly half the political life in that country whose platform depends on not admitting what exactly they supported for 4 years. And some still do. It's still early to tell. But there's this eerie feeling you might end up with Trump finishing his job not as the president, but as the owner of some TV for troglodytes, constantly spewing his usual propaganda tailored to divide and destroy the US. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Yes, I'm talking about Trump. He has turkey to pardon, doesn't he? Or it was already done? If it's already over, has anyone checked whose name is in the papers? Turkey's or Trump's? Was the turkey accidentally named Donald? 

On a bit more serious side, the horror of the situation is in the fact that no one sane is really certain there will be any consequences for Trump's devastation of the US because there's roughly half the political life in that country whose platform depends on not admitting what exactly they supported for 4 years. And some still do. It's still early to tell. But there's this eerie feeling you might end up with Trump finishing his job not as the president, but as the owner of some TV for troglodytes, constantly spewing his usual propaganda tailored to divide and destroy the US. 

LOL.  OK  sorry, I didn't get the joke.  I think Trump is not the first president to pardon a turkey during thanksgiving week, even though I am sure all of them ate turkey on Thanksgiving day.  

As for the crimes, there are people waiting in the wings for him to no longer be president so that they can get resolution to their law suits, some pending from before he was elected.  And then I am sure someone will come up with something to keep his lawyers busy.  As for television, he already did that for years and he may have burned his bridges on that one since he has spent so much time crying and complaining about "fake news".  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Either way - it's a turkey.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Two thoughts: 

Notes:

Playing Golf all the time and not doing anything about it is not even a challange. Biff is gone. Let the adults take it from there.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Trump pardons Corn the turkey as a finishing White House act (msn.com)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

I can see a change in our polices in Israel, where President Trumps policies were driven by internal religious involvement (  Christian Zionists ) I believe that many of those polices under President Biden will be toned way down. President Trump strirred up a Hornets nest, by moving the Embassy, and by basically cutting the Palestinians out of the peace process. The Palestinians must be brought back into the peace process if there ever is going to be Peace in the Middle East.

The key to peace in the Middle East is finding a way to bring Iran into the peace Process, and to finally Once and for all settle the Palestinian / Israeli issues that currently block any functional peace plan. President President Trumps peace was effectively a Israel first policy, jus like the American first policy he pushed Worldwide. The difference with the Israeli first policy caused more tension that calm, because again it did include the Palestinians.

Everyone applauded Trump for his achievements by getting the countries that make up the United Arab Emirates to sign peace agreements with Israel. However, this was smoke and mirrors, have the Emirates ever been involved in a conflict with Israel, the answer is no, have they ever been a threat to Israel, again the answer is no. The last real peace agreements between Israel and the Arab World were between Israel in Egypt in 1978, and Jordan in 1994.

Both of These countries were involved in the in the (  Six day War in 1967 and the Yom Kippur War in 1973 ) So, like I said the only to players that must be brought to the table for Any Real Peace process in the Middle East, are Iran and the Palestinians, without peace agreements with both of these factions there will never be peace in the Middle East. So, hopefully President Biden will address this issue and move toward Real Peace in the Middle East.

Take Care 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, odas said:

Playing Golf all the time and not doing anything about it is not even a challange. Biff is gone. Let the adults take it from there.

It's a dam shame that he did not just live on the Golf Course for the entire last 4 years. The United States and the entire world would be in a much better place that the serious mess he has left for President Biden. Trump is like a garbage man he has filed the White House and the upper echelons of our Government with trash. The only problem is that now that he lost, all he is doing is adding to it, by firing great Administrators and replacing them with more trash.

However, President Biden will have the mess cleaned up, and he has already found the people necessary to start taking the trash out. The upper echelons of Trump administrations need jobs, current AG Bar, SS Pompey, and many others have asked if they could be grounds keeper, a maintenance men, I suspect they will be much more useful in those positions, than they ever were before!!!:P:tu:

Take Care my friend

• Like 3

CDC ready for Biden transition: 'This is what we've been waiting for'

(CNN)Leadership at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, beset by a Trump White House that was harshly critical of the agency's coronavirus response, are anticipating the Biden transition team and the change a new administration will bring, senior health officials tell CNN.

"This is what we've been waiting for is for them to send their landing team here and set up shop," a senior CDC official said Tuesday following the ascertainment declaration from the General Services Administration.

More

• Like 3