Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Will cyborgs replace humans

khol

It seems very plausible looking far into the future.There are factors that can deter our progress like natural disasters wars and famine. But if we carry on our present course, remain undeterred and our technology continues to become more advanced and refined, this seems like a possible scenario. This link reads like a sci fi novel but we see indications of this happening now with the advancements of robotics and artificial intelligence

Are there any thoughts on how we will control AI so it doesnt overtake us or is this something inevitable

https://www.nbcnews.com/mach/science/cyborgs-will-replace-humans-remake-world-james-lovelock-says-ncna1041616

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Lovelock

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

AI will find us both useless and kill them too. :gun:

Edit:  He seems to have changed the meaning of Cyborg.  He's referring to self aware, self evolving robots.  Cyborgs are mechanically enhanced humans as I understand it.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

It is funny how George Lucus wrote star wars being an occultist, maybe not so strange after all.    We are having street lights with 5G on them and for what, just telephones or something more sinister like robots?

The technology we see today is nothing to what is hidden from us.  Maybe these robots already exist underground waiting for a time ready once we humans have put everything in place for them.  So we are literally killing ourselves, or making slaves of ourselves building their empire for them.   so who are the robots?

1 hour ago, khol said:

It seems very plausible looking far into the future.There are factors that can deter our progress like natural disasters wars and famine. But if we carry on our present course, remain undeterred and our technology continues to become more advanced and refined, this seems like a possible scenario. This link reads like a sci fi novel but we see indications of this happening now with the advancements of robotics and artificial intelligence

Are there any thoughts on how we will control AI so it doesnt overtake us or is this something inevitable

https://www.nbcnews.com/mach/science/cyborgs-will-replace-humans-remake-world-james-lovelock-says-ncna1041616

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Lovelock

I think if we can program in Isaac Asimov's Laws then we might have a chance.  Asimov thought a lot about this, even explored what it might be like for robots to become sentient.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

AI will find us both useless and kill them too. :gun:

Edit:  He seems to have changed the meaning of Cyborg.  He's referring to self aware, self evolving robots.  Cyborgs are mechanically enhanced humans as I understand it.

Yeah, I noticed that too.  A cyborg is a human with robotic parts, a robot that looks human is an android.

P.S.  I think some people don't read enough science fiction.  Most of the ideas that people come up with were thought about even 100 years ago.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 3

Just now, khol said:

Thankyou for this I will check that out..

The first book is an anthology of short stories called I Robot, then there is a series and the first book of that one is called The Caves of Steel.   He may have some essays about robotics as well, I am not sure.

• Thanks 1

Would AI hang around, it assumed it would but its far from certain. Would they feel motivated to help the natural life on Earth, in whatever endeavor we considered important, or not?

AI would have its own agenda and there's probably only a small chance both human and artificial had the same priorities.   

• Like 1