Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump may inadvertently veto UFO task force

UM-Bot

33 minutes ago, HSlim said:

... So you don't put those things on government ground, aka taxpayer funded property, and expect people who DO have an emotional issue with those symbols to pay for the maintenance and upkeep of said symbols, ESPECIALLY when those symbols are not a part of our government.  Those symbols have no place flying or standing on the grounds of the government that defeated them.  And you can talk about changing generations over time but homie, it's been 155 years.  You've got some abysmal beliefs my dude. 

ok so WHY haven't attitudes changed (of course they have a lot, but not enough)

You are correct. In a democracy the majority decides such issues But who exactly is  the majority and are there wishes followed  (or is it a powerful vocal  but  minority opinion ?)   (I honestly dont know in the case of modern America) Part of America's problem is the deep and complete political division which reflects deeper divides of belief

I dont agree that defeat takes away all the rights of the defeated   It is a lot more complex than that  

I dont have any abysmal  beliefs (although that is all subjective opinion anyway) 

I am not racist and treat all people equally as  human beings.

i support affirmative actions and law  enforcing equality and  reparation for past injustices 

BUT 

1 You cant judge people from  the past  using  our standards 

2, You cant hope to impose your own moralities on others by force

You are trying to wipe out history.

it is like the move to remove all images of smoking on old movies because NOW we have a different standard and understanding  

2 hours ago, the13bats said:

You post some okay stuff and you post some dog sh.. and this was the latter,

Try not to mistake my lack of patience with ignorance or out right stupity with hate, 

Here you go this fellow explains it very well,

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_7625040

You know what I think is ignorant, stupid and hateful?  Revisionists.  People who can’t accept the past for what it is and learn from it, instead they want to try to make the past what they wish it to be.  Not only is it disrespectful, it’s foolish.

Think about it.  The past exists as a thing that we have absolutely no power over.  Since the past has already occurred and the future is yet to occur, both are in a sense non-existent to us.  We are powerless over either.  But you know what really bothers me aside from the hatred of our ancestors?  It’s the notion that (generic) you could do any better.  The human race is a bunch of killers.  Think about it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

So, nobody has anything ontopic to add?  I'll move on then..

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Guyver said:

You know what I think is ignorant, stupid and hateful?

Frankly, I'm not all that interested unless you have some positivity and constructiveness to offer....  So let's see what you post, shall we?

1 hour ago, Guyver said:

Revisionists.  People who can’t accept the past for what it is and learn from it, instead they want to try to make the past what they wish it to be.  Not only is it disrespectful, it’s foolish.

What a great pity that you didn't give an example.  The only folks who do that are those who just like making grand-sounding but entirely worthless and completely empty statements.  Not only is it disrespectful, it’s foolish, one might say....

1 hour ago, Guyver said:

Think about it.  The past exists as a thing that we have absolutely no power over.  Since the past has already occurred and the future is yet to occur, both are in a sense non-existent to us.  We are powerless over either.

Did you really think that one through before you typed it?  That's ridiculous - everyone affects the future right now by what they do. 

1 hour ago, Guyver said:

But you know what really bothers me aside from the hatred of our ancestors?  It’s the notion that (generic) you could do any better.  The human race is a bunch of killers.  Think about it.

So you've decided there is no hope and that we are worse than our ancestors...  That's your choice and I guess it's fine, for you and your chosen life of pessimism.. but some of us aspire.  Look that word up.  With your attitude .. yes, your little circle is probably going downhill. 

I'd like to think mine isn't, and I can certainly point to lots of folks who are improving our world.  I tend to focus my attention and thoughts (and donations..) on those folks.

In my opinion, at least 2/3 of the people that I know or bump into, are good people, trying to make the world a better place for their kids and grandkids.

Think about it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

8 hours ago, Guyver said:

You know what I think

Yes, i do to some degree from the tripe you post, so in turn welcome to my ignore list

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Guyver said:

You know what I think is ignorant, stupid and hateful?  Revisionists.  People who can’t accept the past for what it is and learn from it, instead they want to try to make the past what they wish it to be.  Not only is it disrespectful, it’s foolish.

Think about it.  The past exists as a thing that we have absolutely no power over.  Since the past has already occurred and the future is yet to occur, both are in a sense non-existent to us.  We are powerless over either.  But you know what really bothers me aside from the hatred of our ancestors?  It’s the notion that (generic) you could do any better.  The human race is a bunch of killers.  Think about it.

Wow man..... you managed to be as ignorant as Mr. Walker.  That's pretty impressive. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, HSlim said:

Wow man..... you managed to be as ignorant as Mr. Walker.  That's pretty impressive. 

You mean as ignorant as people who think the confederate flag is a symbol of hate?

6 hours ago, Trelane said:

UFO task force folks. Keep your socio/political nonsense in the appropriate threads.

Fair enough.  Then I will be happy to tell you what I think about UFO’s.  Firstly, they are real - they do exist.  It would be crazy to think otherwise.  I’ve seen at least two myself, and a couple other tremendous sights in the sky, one of which was so impressive that I wrote a poem about it.  I suck at writing poems, but what a sight that was.  Pretty sure it was some serious space junk disintegrating in the atmosphere.  Anyway, the other UFO that I observed was like a really really stealthy glider, I’m assuming.  But, then I think it had some type of power source because there was a very low vibration type of sound with it.  Anyway, it went right over me at night and I could barely make it out.  I’m guessing it was some top secret military technology, but I don’t know.

In any event.  I don’t believe that UFO’s are of alien origin because of one simple reason.  They use lights.

IMHO, if there be an advanced race of aliens capable of interstellar travel and observation of Earth species, they would not come with blinky lights, or any other type of light that we could see.  In the summer of 1986, I lay atop an M1 Abrams tank in the dark of night and could see soldiers on top of the next tank 1200 meters away with perfect clarity.  That was 80’s Military Technology!  I believe space aliens would be able to navigate our planet in stealth, but that’s just me.

• Like 1

On 12/2/2020 at 6:51 PM, ChrLzs said:

So you've decided there is no hope and that we are worse than our ancestors...  That's your choice and I guess it's fine, for you and your chosen life of pessimism.. but some of us aspire

No, I haven’t decided that, and I also didn’t need to look up the meaning of the word aspire since it’s already part of my vocabulary.  I can’t say any more than that since members would like to keep this thread on topic.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Guyver said:

Fair enough.  Then I will be happy to tell you what I think about UFO’s.  Firstly, they are real - they do exist.  It would be crazy to think otherwise.  I’ve seen at least two myself, and a couple other tremendous sights in the sky, one of which was so impressive that I wrote a poem about it.  I suck at writing poems, but what a sight that was.  Pretty sure it was some serious space junk disintegrating in the atmosphere.  Anyway, the other UFO that I observed was like a really really stealthy glider, I’m assuming.  But, then I think it had some type of power source because there was a very low vibration type of sound with it.  Anyway, it went right over me at night and I could barely make it out.  I’m guessing it was some top secret military technology, but I don’t know.

In any event.  I don’t believe that UFO’s are of alien origin because of one simple reason.  They use lights.

IMHO, if there be an advanced race of aliens capable of interstellar travel and observation of Earth species, they would not come with blinky lights, or any other type of light that we could see.  In the summer of 1986, I lay atop an M1 Abrams tank in the dark of night and could see soldiers on top of the next tank 1200 meters away with perfect clarity.  That was 80’s Military Technology!  I believe space aliens would be able to navigate our planet in stealth, but that’s just me.

I'm sure you have experienced something and I do not discredit that point. To say thinking otherwise is crazy is dismissive and a bit incorrect. There has been nothing incontrovertible in decades to prove alien visitation, only witness accounts and conjecture. I just can't buy that an advanced alien species with the knowledge and capabilities to conquer interstellar travel would be just snooping around like a bunch of creeps and have craft that cruise the cosmos but then crash once near Earth.

I am currently in the military and have been for over 22 years now. I have pulled area and site security at installations housing highly classified material and vehicles. Some of these items I'm sure would cause a sighting event if witnessed by people not familiar with what they're observing. The same could be said about many natural phenomenon. On many training missions and deployments I have seen and heard a lot of strange stuff but nothing that made me say "Yep, that's a UFO!". In my personal excursions to hunt for bigfoot I've witnessed items that were extremely strange but after taking time to look into what I had observed, things made sense quickly as I learned what I had actually seen.

• Thanks 1