Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
To do list

Something touched my foot.

30 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

To do list

Been living with my girlfriend two years now, and up until last week nothing weird happened. I joined this forum to find answers to my worrying situation, I don't believe in weird things but something is going on.

I keep being woken by something touching my foot usually, at first my girlfriend didn't believe me but seeing how it's affecting me she's concerned. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jon the frog

Unnerving, but probably caused by tactile hallucination. Tactile hallucinations are transient and might occur before waking or falling asleep. A person might feel that someone or something has touched them or has exerted pressure on their bodies. Something bothering you lately ? Sometimes it's caused by stress or something you drink or eat countaining cafeine or other stimulant before sleeping. 

Edited by Jon the frog
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
acute

Something touched my foot too!  It was my other foot.

(joke)

Welcome to UM. :tu:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
To do list
14 minutes ago, Jon the frog said:

Unnerving, but probably caused by tactile hallucination. Tactile hallucinations are transient and might occur before waking or falling asleep. A person might feel that someone or something has touched them or has exerted pressure on their bodies. Something bothering you lately ? Sometimes it's caused by stress or something you drink or eat countaining cafeine or other stimulant before sleeping. 

Thank you for your reply. It's only started happening the last few weeks. My normal day to day is the same, no new diet or worries to think of. The room also feels sad recently,  sorry for my rubbish wording but it does. The house in general is the same just the bedroom the last few weeks?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nosy.Matters

Happened to me once but it ran across my face and upon waking I wasn't sure but pretty sure something zipped across my face, THAT WAS THE BIGGEST SPIDER IN THE WORLD I SWEAR, I'd flipped the night light on just as it hit the floor and took off and I slid out ( OF BED < edit) slamming my hands ( edit 2: on the floor LIKE A MAD MAN), wow, too fast and it got away. 

YEs, weeks later ((( with any and all bed sheets tucked in real nice HA! ))) yes weeks later I still keeped (edit:86 KEPT )one eye open for that sucker. No, no spider nightmares thank the gods, not that I'm religious or anything, just a saying -- and with that- I'm segueing into a close of: if it wasn't spiders, well yeah!¡!, might be something to think seriously about alright.

Edited by Nosy.Matters
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
To do list
2 minutes ago, Nosy.Matters said:

Happened to me once but it ran across my face and upon waking I wasn't sure but pretty sure something zipped across my face, THAT WAS THE BIGGEST SPIDER IN THE WORLD I SWEAR, I'd flipped the night light on just as it hit the floor and took off and I slid out slamming my hands, wow, too fast and it got away. 

YEs, weeks later ((( with any and all bed sheets tucked in real nice HA! ))) yes weeks later I still keeped one eye open for that sucker. No, no spider nightmares thank the gods, not that I'm religious or anything, just a saying -- and with that- I'm segueing into a close of: if it wasn't spiders, well yeah!¡!, might be something to think seriously about alright.

Not bothered by insects. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jon the frog
10 minutes ago, To do list said:

Thank you for your reply. It's only started happening the last few weeks. My normal day to day is the same, no new diet or worries to think of. The room also feels sad recently,  sorry for my rubbish wording but it does. The house in general is the same just the bedroom the last few weeks?

Sometime just a lack of sleep or a noise can trigger something. It happen to me when i'm exhausted.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papageorge1
2 hours ago, To do list said:

Been living with my girlfriend two years now, and up until last week nothing weird happened. I joined this forum to find answers to my worrying situation, I don't believe in weird things but something is going on.

I keep being woken by something touching my foot usually, at first my girlfriend didn't believe me but seeing how it's affecting me she's concerned. 

This type of thing is very commonly reported in the paranormal. Do you think it is most like normal or paranormal or 50/50. Unfortunately, if it is paranormal, no one here can tell you the source without psychic insight (that wouldn't be me). 

I wish I had an answer to give you except to remain calm and don't overthink it at this point. Why is it so affecting you? Just perhaps it is psychically causing emotions?? Is there more to your story?

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
the13bats

Since i dont make that blind leap that everything unexplained must be paranormal i would do like i do with my own experences, research it,

You could set up a camera, see if you capture anything,  other little tricks could be tried,

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
To do list
2 hours ago, the13bats said:

Since i dont make that blind leap that everything unexplained must be paranormal i would do like i do with my own experences, research it,

You could set up a camera, see if you capture anything,  other little tricks could be tried,

That said, why as it just started? We have lived here for years and nothing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
the13bats
12 minutes ago, To do list said:

That said, why as it just started? We have lived here for years and nothing.

Tone gets lost in type im not being snide but you lived there for years and it just started, so what?

If you only want this to be paranormal thats cool say so and ill move on because no one can reach a definitive conclusion from "i dont know" and then jump to, i dont know what it is so it much be paranormal, that proves zero no matter how many true believers want it to be otherwise.

Either something is touching you or your mind/body is causing it, there are countless medical, mental, sleep related issues that could cause such a sensation, and if its concerning to you better be safe than sorry and have a doc check it out,

If something is touching you since i dont buy into ghosties or ghoulies then you could catch it on video and case solved right there,

Ive had a lifetime of sleep issues and i believe thats where this falls nothing otherworldly but you have to do your own thinking make up your own mind.

Counless times ive been certain my wife yelled my name or at me, its loud, wakes me up, but shes out asleep and it didnt disturb the pets, in other words i dreamed it an auditory hallucination type idea, it seems so very real to me but its only real in my mind, in your case you can get to the bottom of it that is if you really want to.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hammerclaw

I remember something touching my foot one night. It was cool feeling and with lots of legs. I jump up and out of bed, shook out the covers and out fell a brown recluse spider. I introduced it to the sole of one of my shoes.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
To do list
2 hours ago, the13bats said:

Tone gets lost in type im not being snide but you lived there for years and it just started, so what?

If you only want this to be paranormal thats cool say so and ill move on because no one can reach a definitive conclusion from "i dont know" and then jump to, i dont know what it is so it much be paranormal, that proves zero no matter how many true believers want it to be otherwise.

Either something is touching you or your mind/body is causing it, there are countless medical, mental, sleep related issues that could cause such a sensation, and if its concerning to you better be safe than sorry and have a doc check it out,

If something is touching you since i dont buy into ghosties or ghoulies then you could catch it on video and case solved right there,

Ive had a lifetime of sleep issues and i believe thats where this falls nothing otherworldly but you have to do your own thinking make up your own mind.

Counless times ive been certain my wife yelled my name or at me, its loud, wakes me up, but shes out asleep and it didnt disturb the pets, in other words i dreamed it an auditory hallucination type idea, it seems so very real to me but its only real in my mind, in your case you can get to the bottom of it that is if you really want to.

 

that's my whole point of the thread, it's only just happening now ' no sleep issues nothing unusual in our lives just this now. I don't understand why you reply in threads you have no real belief in or proof of either way, unless you like pointing and proding? But thanks for contributing. 

Edited by To do list
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
seanjo

Rats!

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
To do list
6 minutes ago, seanjo said:

Rats!

Nor mice, no pets only an aquarium full of tetras.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
seanjo
4 minutes ago, To do list said:

Nor mice, no pets only an aquarium full of tetras.

I'd still put some traps down, just to check.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
the13bats
46 minutes ago, To do list said:

that's my whole point of the thread, it's only just happening now ' no sleep issues nothing unusual in our lives just this now. I don't understand why you reply in threads you have no real belief in or proof of either way, unless you like pointing and proding? But thanks for contributing. 

This is an open free forum and when a person makes a posts they receive replies, they very well may not like some of the replies but thats how a discussion forum works,

I do not have to "believe" in something to discuss it, is that your way of saying your experence can only be explained as paranormal? In that case i will move on as its too narrow minded and closed box thinking for me,

i dont need proof to accept a person believes their story i do require proof if they want me to believe their story, i never asked you for proof you believe something touches you while sleeping.

I havent prodded you or pointed but will add and do not take my word on it, look it up a person can have sleep issues and not know it, all kinds of medical conditions we might not know we have exhibit symptoms that we might wonder about, or would you feel better if i just say okay, a ghost has nothing better to do that touch your foot while you are sleeping.

Edited by the13bats
typo bad eyes crap spell check
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
To do list
28 minutes ago, the13bats said:

This is an open free forum and when a person makes a posts they receive replies, they very well may not like some of the replies but thats how a discussion forum works,

I do not have to "believe" in something to discuss it, is that your way of saying your experence can only be explained as paranormal? In that case i will move on as its too narrow minded and closed box thinking for me,

i dont need proof to accept a person believes their story i do require proof if they want me to believe their story, i never asked you for proof you believe something touches you while sleeping.

I havent prodded you or pointed but will add and do not take my word on it, look it up a person can have sleep issues and not know it, all kinds of medical conditions we might not know we have exhibit symptoms that we might wonder about, or would you feel better if i just say okay, a ghost has nothing better to do that touch your foot while you are sleeping.

You can't help me either way.

  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
the13bats
25 minutes ago, To do list said:

You can't help me either way.

Okay, i wish you the best,

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
To do list

our bedroom feels cold but not cold, i know it sounds mad but it does. We are in bed now, table lamps on doing emails and order forms for work. Having five on here.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56
16 hours ago, To do list said:

Been living with my girlfriend two years now, and up until last week nothing weird happened. I joined this forum to find answers to my worrying situation, I don't believe in weird things but something is going on.

I keep being woken by something touching my foot usually, at first my girlfriend didn't believe me but seeing how it's affecting me she's concerned. 

Is the touch always in the same place on your foot?  Have you had your girlfriend look at your foot on that place to see if there is anything different?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TashaMarie
12 hours ago, To do list said:

that's my whole point of the thread, it's only just happening now ' no sleep issues nothing unusual in our lives just this now. I don't understand why you reply in threads you have no real belief in or proof of either way, unless you like pointing and proding? But thanks for contributing. 

Quite a few years ago I started get really bad butterflies in my stomach at night, came on out of the blue, had no idea why. Eventually I was told it was a sign of anxiety which confused me as although I can be an anxious person I did not feeling particularly anxious at the time. But when I actually stopped and thought about it I was actually really stressed and anxious I think I was just trying to hide it from myself (sounds weird |I know).  I think our bodies can give you these little signs as a kind of hey stop hiding and deal with it.  Now I am not saying this is the case for you but this is an awful year and I very much doubt most of us are completely free of a little anxiety.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
To do list
On 11/26/2020 at 11:44 PM, Desertrat56 said:

Is the touch always in the same place on your foot?  Have you had your girlfriend look at your foot on that place to see if there is anything different?

It's always my right foot on the arch section just before my big toe. Nothing wrong with my feet no marks, cuts or anything. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
To do list
On 11/27/2020 at 4:24 AM, TashaMarie said:

Quite a few years ago I started get really bad butterflies in my stomach at night, came on out of the blue, had no idea why. Eventually I was told it was a sign of anxiety which confused me as although I can be an anxious person I did not feeling particularly anxious at the time. But when I actually stopped and thought about it I was actually really stressed and anxious I think I was just trying to hide it from myself (sounds weird |I know).  I think our bodies can give you these little signs as a kind of hey stop hiding and deal with it.  Now I am not saying this is the case for you but this is an awful year and I very much doubt most of us are completely free of a little anxiety.

I agree a ****ty year for lots of people globally, could be a logical cause. But we are lucky no virus out breaks here good health, we both work and are building our first home. Only renting while build goes through.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56
14 hours ago, To do list said:

It's always my right foot on the arch section just before my big toe. Nothing wrong with my feet no marks, cuts or anything. 

Do you have arch supports in your shoes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.