Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

When the news was news.

To do list

The days of a news story being informative have gone. There's a new God in town and it's called party political correct news. He'll they don't even have a happy end story to tell lately.

• Like 6

There is only so much news that happens everyday that is of interest to the general populace.  So if you run a service 24/7 you repeat, you put in niche interest stories, and lots of opinions to fill the time  If you are going to make your money selling advertising, you have to be broadcasting something.   

I hate to sound like an old timer, but an hour of international and national news followed by a half hour of local news and weather  was plenty.  Some slow news days they still had to fill the time with dogs rescuing  baby goats and cats adopting baby rabbits.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, To do list said:

The days of a news story being informative have gone. There's a new God in town and it's called party political correct news. He'll they don't even have a happy end story to tell lately.

The news, almost every sight has becoming politically aligned, and biased. And it is a propaganda arm of their respective parties if you think about it.

• Like 5

Could be, well maybe, well I wasn't there anyhooo(oh sorry that's a saying phrase zipping around here locally lately so sorry for breaking the flow of this profound article posting here) maybe editors or heads are like this if one doesn't copy paste from associated press and change a word .. or two ( basically parroting))))

BoilingWellgroomedIndianabat-small.gif

not working wth . .  . just a sec

BoilingWellgroomedIndianabat-small.gif

THIS LITTLE GUY SAYS SCREW THE news

lets head to the park

6yaxj7Sb.jpg

Edited by Nosy.Matters
added a little cheer . ..

9 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

I hate to sound like an old timer, but an hour of international and national news followed by a half hour of local news and weather  was plenty.  Some slow news days they still had to fill the time with dogs rescuing  baby goats and cats adopting baby rabbits.

It still is plenty.  Just because they broadcast 24/7 doesn't mean we can't limit what we take in.  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

There is only so much news that happens everyday that is of interest to the general populace.  So if you run a service 24/7 you repeat, you put in niche interest stories, and lots of opinions to fill the time  If you are going to make your money selling advertising, you have to be broadcasting something.   

Well, in the old days we had two or three channels, at least where I was born-Bosnia, and where I was raised-Germany. The main news were either at 7:30 pm or 8:00 pm and lasted between 15 to 30 minutes. During the day we had, if i remember correctly, one or two short news for 5 minutes. The rest was shows, movies, kids programs etc.

Now when I think about it, so few channels but so much variety...

I will take the freedom and call today's TV pure crapp. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Big Jim said:

It still is plenty.  Just because they broadcast 24/7 doesn't mean we can't limit what we take in.

Very true Jim, but it is no longer an hour of concentrated news.  Every hour is diluted with 50 minutes of opinion and infotainment.  

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Very true Jim, but it is no longer an hour of concentrated news.  Every hour is diluted with 50 minutes of opinion and infotainment.  

Do you think I don't have a TV?  I pick and choose my news.  I hit a couple sites online and scan headlines, rarely read a story.  I watch the local news mainly for weather and the comfort it gives me in knowing that most of the rest of it is 50 miles away.  I have cut back on national news since the election is over and I feel much better for it.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Big Jim said:

Do you think I don't have a TV?  I pick and choose my news.  I hit a couple sites online and scan headlines, rarely read a story.  I watch the local news mainly for weather and the comfort it gives me in knowing that most of the rest of it is 50 miles away.  I have cut back on national news since the election is over and I feel much better for it.

I cut my channels completely. Disney + for the kids ( ME ) Prime and Netflix. Will cut prime too soon. Any old movie I want to watch is on Youtube anyway. Also, there are plenty of apps for free for live tv and new movies. Have them but I mostly watch now old westerns and german series from way back on youtube. Plus all the history, geography, travel info and Irish drunks......all there.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, odas said:

I cut my channels completely. Disney + for the kids ( ME ) Prime and Netflix. Will cut prime too soon. Any old movie I want to watch is on Youtube anyway. Also, there are plenty of apps for free for live tv and new movies. Have them but I mostly watch now old westerns and german series from way back on youtube. Plus all the history, geography, travel info and Irish drunks......all there.

I watch a lot of YouTube documentaries myself. Sometimes I watch them on PBS and once in a while there's a good movie on. I have no cable network news on my TV at all. I'll watch local news, Philadelphia news and a half hour of national news. I have links to my news stations on FB but I don't read half the articles. The comment sections can be interesting.

• Like 4

I am well over the political gossip that is called news. 

Do people know that China have been making military moves that America , India and Australia have been manouvering around and warding off.

Do people care about other things? I can't stand the manipulation of reality TV and I can see so much manipulation. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Kismit said:

I am well over the political gossip that is called news. 

Do people know that China have been making military moves that America , India and Australia have been manouvering around and warding off.

Do people care about other things? I can't stand the manipulation of reality TV and I can see so much manipulation. 

Sounds interesting can you post some more about what china is up to?

8 hours ago, the13bats said:

Sounds interesting can you post some more about what china is up to?

Why Is China Poking Its Nose In Kashmir, A Contested Region Between India & Pakistan?

The Eurasian Times

Defence Minister Rajnath Singh on Thursday said that the armed forces deployed at LAC have been given a 'freehand' to counter any changes made by China's People's Liberation Army (PLA) at the Indo-China Border with 'full force'.

Republic World

• Like 2

here in Portugal the news block can last 90m, and of these over 50% are not news worthy of being on national tv, it's ridiculous. I often say they are "doing sausages" and not informing. why the hell is stuff like a cullinary tour in a certain region on the news block?! why are these guys annoying me because Cristiano Ronaldo has a new haircut or released a video dancing to a crappy brasilian music?

Edited by godnodog
  • Like 1