Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

what tier are you?

To do list

We're in Level 4.  Stay home unless you must go out.

I'm coping just fine but it's not much fun.

Edited by Eldorado

We don't have tiers in the U.S but it sounds like our state is in what you would consider tier 4.  

I'm in tier 1 . . . . . watch that change to tier 10 when people from all over the country pile down here for Christmas :(

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Tier 2 here

But makes no difference to me which tier I'm in as my shop can re-open regardless, and that's really all that affects me.   

3 hours ago, Eldorado said:

We're in Level 4.

Why does Scotland have more tiers than us?  It's not fair!

• Haha 2

We’re pretty much back to business here, masks if you’re feeling crook or want to, keep your 1.5...

We where placed in tier three on the 14th October. But everyone just carried on as normal. the only shops that where shut was hairdressers/barbers, Gyms, Pubs and clubs, but if they serve food they could remain open. so outside of these limited number of places it was business as normal.

Like i said, we where placed in tier 3 on the 14th Oct, yet cases and numbers started to fall on the 8th Oct. that trend continued. the limiting of liberty was hailed a success. but what no-ones explained is why the cases started to fall a week earlier with no tier 3 restrictions.

its all a bloody con.

We don't have tiers here and it's more and more confusing what is currently allowed or not. I think it's allowed to meet with up to 5 persons or may be this is next week???

Yesterday I went into an office in the town hall and a woman who works there immediately jumped from her chair in panic and bounced me out. Outside I had to draw a number, used some hand-cleaner and then she let me into a room where she went in some kind of glass cage before she finally asked what I want.
Afterwards quite contrary I was in an overcrowded supermarket where social distancing was impossible and it took more than 30 minutes before I got out with my 2 items.

• Like 1

My lifestyle hasn’t been affected much at all, other than using hand sanitizer and wearing a mask. I think there are more than a few of us here on UM that were somewhat reclusive before the pandemic, so it probably hasn’t been too much of an adjustment to being even more reclusive.
One change for me is that I’m being much more friendly to the people working in restaurants and grocery stores. I have a lot of admiration for anyone putting themselves in harm’s way to serve those of us who can easily quarantine.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

When I went to Home Depot this morning there was a line, only 75 people allowed in the store at a time.  That is less than 25% capacity.  But the grocery store I went to next did not have a line or anyone checking capacity.  It was still early so maybe they didn't need it.  I think Bill made a good point, it is not so hard on some of us since we are already somewhat self isolating and have been before the virus.  I have worked from home for 4 years and in March was easily used to not going out, got a lot more yardwork done in those 6 weeks that we had our first shut down.  Now, if I need to go out it is usually to my daughter's or my aunt's and today was an exception, actually going in to the grocery store because I wanted to get some gift cards. The only thing I am not doing that I used to is going to restaurants with my friends, having friends over occasionally, and driving down south to visit my sister.

• Like 3

I found out the governor said up to 25 % capacity for any business or 75 people which ever is less.  That is why Home Depot only allowed 75 people.  But the grocery store did not seem to get the memo.

• Like 2

We’re in tier 3 here from next week.  We are pretty much retired home birds anyway so our lives not impacted much re outside activities.  Walking the dog and grocery supplies mainly.  We don’t live near any relatives we could visit without staying overnight so used to infrequent meet ups.  We just plod along watching from the sidelines.  Thank goodness for the internet and emails, texts, FaceTime, Zoom etc.  I hope everyone can keep their spirits up for as long as it takes.

• Like 3

We’re in a phase... like a moody teenager. Certain counties are in a freeze, that doesn’t have anything to do with winter.