Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Zombie mink' rise from the grave

Eldorado

The decision to kill the animals was made following the discovery that 11 people had been sickened by the same strain found in mink farms and factories.

However, in the haste to dispose of the bodies, Danish authorities reported Thursday that some of the carcasses had risen to the surface of their makeshift graves after gases built up inside the decomposing bodies.

The corpses were buried in military training fields outside the town of Holstebro.

Full story at Fox: Link

Adding to the frustration, the animals were buried too close to a lake, raising fears of phosphorus and nitrogen pollution, though officials have promised to fix the situation.

The ministry insisted the minks' escape from their tomb was a "temporary problem tied to the animals' decaying process."

Report at CBS: Link

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

I've read about this, and everyone seems to be posting it under the most sensationalist BS headline ever.
They are not zombies, LMAO...They just weren't 'disposed' of properly. Really, they should all be cremated, IMO.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Seti42 said:

I've read about this, and everyone seems to be posting it under the most sensationalist BS headline ever.
They are not zombies, LMAO...They just weren't 'disposed' of properly. Really, they should all be cremated, IMO.

Totally agree.  It only makes sense to cremate them to stop the virus from leaking into the environment

• Like 1

Wait a minute? Oh come on!!!  I came here for zombie mink and instead I have been click baited into reading an environmental story. How is this an unexplained mystery? The guy told us how it happened right there in the article.

Edited by mesuma

We Danes are so proud of adding to the horror of the current pandemic....said no one...ever :(

• Like 1

The soil in western Jutland is very sandy, and weighs less than ordinary soil. They didn't account for that, when they buried the mink there.

On 11/28/2020 at 3:58 AM, glorybebe said:

Totally agree.  It only makes sense to cremate them to stop the virus from leaking into the environment

There are too many to cremate. They'd have to build special ovens for it, and meanwhile the bodies would decompose and pose a huge health risk.
And don't worry about leaking viruses. They are covered in lime, which prevents the viruses from spreading.

I hope they humans who approved this criminal act die by karma... eye for eye... 2020 is full of miracles and nature is gaining back its balance

Edited by qxcontinuum

• 2 weeks later...