Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What Happened To Me

Dustyrose33

Sometimes I think of an experience I had some months ago, and wonder what happened.   About five years ago I had gone to a female doctor to get my blood pressure under control.  I don't have serious heart problems, my BP just runs high at times.  So she put me on two BP medications and things went well.  However, this doctor felt my BP was still too high so she increased the dosage on one of the medications.

That's when I started having severe dizzy spells and imbalance issues, so I quit the medication she increased the dosage on but for a long time was left with the dizziness and imbalance.   I should have sued her, and found out she had been sued before for overmedicating.  That's how I know she did the same thing to other people.

Ok, so one day I was walking along in my apt., feeling a little off-balance, when suddenly I felt a slight resistance as though I had walked through a thin wall of jello or something.   All of the dizziness and imbalance was gone, and I felt quite relaxed and normal again.   And I'm not joking, but I actually turned around to see if my body was on the ground because maybe I had died.   That's how much different I felt.  However, some of the dizziness and imbalance came back later on that day.  Oh well . . . . . . . . .    I haven't had that same experience since.

• Like 1

Our brain is easily distracted. If it is in slight discomfort, and it suddenly is introduced to a big discomfort, it temporarily "forgets" the slight discomfort.
The walking through jello feeling was what I'd call strong dizziness. So strong that your brain "forgot" the slight dizziness for a while.

• Like 1

Probably worth finding a new doctor to get that checked. 

Unfortunately for alot of problems it takes a while to find the true cause, so doctors just start with the most common condition and move downwards from there. 

You do have to be assertive with doctors thought because they often have a bad habit of not listening to the patient. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Probably worth finding a new doctor to get that checked. 

Oh I did, I'll never go to her again.  Fortunately I don't have the dizziness and imbalance anymore as bad as it was, but still a little.   That's probably due to other medications, so I just have to be careful.

Edited by Dustyrose33
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, zep73 said:

Our brain is easily distracted. If it is in slight discomfort, and it suddenly is introduced to a big discomfort, it temporarily "forgets" the slight discomfort.
The walking through jello feeling was what I'd call strong dizziness. So strong that your brain "forgot" the slight dizziness for a while.

I agree with what you say here, and I say that the mind will take care of you given the chance.   I have always been an independent-type person, but now that I'm getting older I've had to depend on medical care more.   Recently I was in a medical setting, feeling sort of down-and-out.   I know what I'm about to say will sound to some like I "hear things", but that's not the case.   I've always loved saxophones, and while eating lunch one day in my head I heard a beautiful saxophone noise play a really pretty tune which only lasted maybe 10 to 15 seconds, and it calmed me.  Don't know where it came from, but I believe my brain was calming me.

Edited by Dustyrose33
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dustyrose33 said:

I agree with what you say here, and I say that the mind will take care of you given the chance.   I have always been an independent-type person, but now that I'm getting older I've had to depend on medical care more.   Recently I was in a medical setting, feeling sort of down-and-out.   I know what I'm about to say will sound to some like I "hear things", but that's not the case.   I've always loved saxophones, and while eating lunch one day in my head I heard a beautiful saxophone noise play a really pretty tune which only lasted maybe 10 to 15 seconds, and it calmed me.  Don't know where it came from, but I believe my brain was calming me.

Cool! Maybe you'll like this one?

Not into jazz myself, but I do enjoy a few of them, like the above and Rafferty's Baker Street.

20 minutes ago, Dustyrose33 said:

Losing autonomy is a hardship for everyone. I work with older adults and people with disabilities. I see people struggle with it alot.

I say that just because I hope it'll give you some level of comfort knowing that it's something almost ever one has to go through. Part of the human expierence.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, zep73 said:

Cool! Maybe you'll like this one?

Not into jazz myself, but I do enjoy a few of them, like the above and Rafferty's Baker Street.

Nice tune in that recording.   Here is another one I love, has sort of a hauntingly beautiful sound.

And don't forget this one by Ace Cannon, the King of Sax

Edited by Dustyrose33

Im not implying you have this just sharing,

Since ive suffered from panic many times my reaction is out of my control, i guess about 25 years ago, damn time flies i got out of the shower and as i had done all my life i did my head toss to wrap my hair in a towel but this time the room spun crazy and i went into panic,

Over the next few months i suffered badly if i moved my head wrong i would get that "dizzy" room spinning attack they never lasted long but set off my mental panic issues and most times made me very nauseous.

i reaserched it but was also sure i was dying, just so happened about 30 miles out of orlando was very respected,  doctor in the field of  Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV) "ear rocks" rather than peck away anyone interested can use the google search machine to learn more,

Mine is mind very seldom have it anymore but still sets of panic even though i know what it is now.

Hopefully you find a good dr you can have faith in.

• Like 2

It was probably a side effect of the over medication.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The same thing happened to me, sort of. Sounds like your BP fell too low.

My Dr put me on medication. At first it was just 2. My BP fell  from around 145/95 to 120/82. He was so excited. I notice that doctors, I'm not saying all, but mine at that time, for sure get all excited over numbers. I felt really great with my BP at 120/82. But, my doctor says 'we can get it even better!', so he increased the dosage of one of the medications. Next check, my BP was 107/75. This make my Dr even more excited, so he introduced a 3rd medication. Now I was feeling really good, but about the same as I was at 120/82. So I began to feel uncomfortable about adding a 3rd med. But he insisted we do so.

Around 2/3 days later, I started becoming very dizzy and my equilibrium was off. When I would stand up from a sitting position, I'd feel like I was going to faint. And I also started getting this weird sensation that is hard to describe, but the closest I can come is that my sense of depth perception was off, like things looked closer or farther away with one eye than the other. I called my Dr, but he said this would pass and just keep taking the medication as he had prescribed. Well, another week went by and it didn't get better. It got worse. I fell on my front porch and badly skinned up my right hand on the concrete when I tried to catch myself. At this point, I was very upset and I called my Dr and told him 'I have to stop taking the stuff you just gave me'. He got upset. Then he asked if I can just cut the pills in half and take that. I said 'OK', but I didn't, I stopped taking that. I then took my BP with my home unit. It was 90/60! WTF? Are you kidding me? It took about a week before I started feeling better and then my BP was 110/71. I still take those same 2 meds and my BP is still just fine. BTW, I changed doctors.  

Edited by Hyperionxvii

6 hours ago, Hyperionxvii said:

The same thing happened to me, sort of. Sounds like your BP fell too low.

My Dr put me on medication. At first it was just 2. My BP fell  from around 145/95 to 120/82. He was so excited. I notice that doctors, I'm not saying all, but mine at that time, for sure get all excited over numbers. I felt really great with my BP at 120/82. But, my doctor says 'we can get it even better!', so he increased the dosage of one of the medications. Next check, my BP was 107/75. This make my Dr even more excited, so he introduced a 3rd medication. Now I was feeling really good, but about the same as I was at 120/82. So I began to feel uncomfortable about adding a 3rd med. But he insisted we do so.

Around 2/3 days later, I started becoming very dizzy and my equilibrium was off. When I would stand up from a sitting position, I'd feel like I was going to faint. And I also started getting this weird sensation that is hard to describe, but the closest I can come is that my sense of depth perception was off, like things looked closer or farther away with one eye than the other. I called my Dr, but he said this would pass and just keep taking the medication as he had prescribed. Well, another week went by and it didn't get better. It got worse. I fell on my front porch and badly skinned up my right hand on the concrete when I tried to catch myself. At this point, I was very upset and I called my Dr and told him 'I have to stop taking the stuff you just gave me'. He got upset. Then he asked if I can just cut the pills in half and take that. I said 'OK', but I didn't, I stopped taking that. I then took my BP with my home unit. It was 90/60! WTF? Are you kidding me? It took about a week before I started feeling better and then my BP was 110/71. I still take those same 2 meds and my BP is still just fine. BTW, I changed doctors.  

Glad you're better and you changed doctors.  Some of these doctors are way, way too wrapped up in numbers.   When your bp reached 120/72 he should not have given you anything to make it go lower.  Some of them I call textbook doctors,  and they prescribe medicines as if they were a one-size-fits-all type thing.   We are all individuals and what works for this group of people doesn't necessarily work for that group.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Brandy333 said:

Glad you're better and you changed doctors.  Some of these doctors are way, way too wrapped up in numbers.   When your bp reached 120/72 he should not have given you anything to make it go lower.  Some of them I call textbook doctors,  and they prescribe medicines as if they were a one-size-fits-all type thing.   We are all individuals and what works for this group of people doesn't necessarily work for that group.

Thank you. I'm down to one pill a day now and my BP is still only 110/75. I feel great, but I also lost 60 lbs, so... And my previous doctor didn't even want to talk about diet or anything like that, although he did tell me to lose weight, which is just common sense. 

Edited by Hyperionxvii
  • Like 1