Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Microsoft 365's workplace surveillance tool

Eldorado

Microsoft has come under censure from a privacy advocate who reckons its Microsoft 365 Productivity Score feature is a "full-fledged workplace surveillance tool". 

The issue was raised by Wolfie Christl, a researcher with Austria-based digital rights non-profit Cracked Labs.

Microsoft announced the feature in October as a tool to help organizations speed up digital-transformation projects during the pandemic, which has required more people to work remotely and involved major changes in how technology is used.

Full monty at ZD Net: Link

Sadly we, as a society, have allowed this to happen because we were seduced with the illusion that if we sacrifice our freedom and privacy we will be safe from stuff we don't like such as views and opinions and even facts. Can't have a nation of mature, mentally, emotionally and psychologically resilient adults now, can we?

We, as a collective society, didn't object or say 'No!' and now the problem has become so gargantuan that now it is going to be much harder to rectify this problem.

• Like 1

More and more in recent decades I find myself reminding folks around me that 1984 was meant to be a warning... not a how to manual.

• Like 1