Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

East of Eden

Polar

19 minutes ago, Harte said:

Absurd indeed.

Obviously, it was COgeysers. No other power known to Man could have accomplished such a sashay/mince.

Harte

On behalf of Piney, in his absence, I must insist the correct verb be used: Greenland single-footed. 

—Jaylemurph 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Abramelin said:

Do I get it now: according to you geology, and plate tectonics follow the rules of a Rubik's Cube?

Yes, it is his "Rubik's plates" Theory.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Trelane said:

Yes, it is his "Rubik's plates" Theory.

Man, I tried. I asked the OP of this article how Greenland got east of Mesopotamia, which is a claim he was clearly making, and he was somehow 'hurt' by such a question. 

You're not getting anywhere here, or maybe you will, good luck. I'm done with this one. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Hyperionxvii said:

Man, I tried. I asked the OP of this article how Greenland got east of Mesopotamia, which is a claim he was clearly making, and he was somehow 'hurt' by such a question. 

You're not getting anywhere here, or maybe you will, good luck. I'm done with this one. 

No one in a decade has gotten Mario to take even a baby step towards reality.

--Jaylemurph

• Like 3

Well we have had him leave for short periods of time, adopt a new name, grow a mustache, begin eating tofu, take up the hobby of tattoo'ing squirrels, naming shrubs after heroes of the Commune and washing his feet more - what else could we do?

• Haha 1

On 1/8/2021 at 8:56 PM, cormac mac airt said:

No. YOU’RE NOT. There have been dozens to hundreds of scientific papers provided to you that have completely obliterated your fantasy of Greenland having either been Atlantis or having drifted from the PoH/SoG to its current location. BOTH are absolute and blatant lies on your part. There is no other way to interpret it. 

cormac

I am supposing that this is true... how else could i discuss it? 

According to Gandhi, honest disagreement is often a good sign of progress. That is the main reason why i post here, to discuss it. When you say that there is no other way to interpret it, i feel really sad, because i know what i have seen before and this will literally leads us nowhere. 

I thank for your support, it helped me understand lots of other things that just weren't in the scope of my research. Believe it or not i was thinking of starting two last threads on Pangaea breakup and a revisited Expanding earth theory. But i know i will be catapulted to a place where the sun don't shine. Too bad.

But you discredit my imagery and you call them whatever, but they are simple continental comparisons. Look at Pangaea for example, where is Greenland's continental fit?

http://www.virginiaplaces.org/geology/graphics/northamerica150million.png

http://www.virginiaplaces.org/geology/rocksdui4.html

Edited by Polar

"Pangea"

What? So now the dinosaurs built Atlantis?

Listen to this. I have a theory.

My theory is: Ice sheets. 

Ice sheets are made of ice. But once it was snow. And snow is make of ice crystals. And ice crystals were once water. And Greenland has an ice sheet. And when Plato wrote that he was in a place surrounded by water, and there was an ice sheet on Greenland, so therefore, Atlantis is in Greenland, that is clear. Anyone who disagrees with that is personally out to  get me, because reasons. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Polar said:

Look at Pangaea for example, where is Greenland's continental fit?

Where does Atlantis fit, you mean? I see here the same old charming conversations and exchange of ideas are still occurring...well really more like all against one, and one against all....same old irony of sarcasm. Mario is a tenacious sort of fellow...must be one of those QAnon minded persons, if he dwells in the land of fantasy and conspiracy theories, as pointed out by the brighter minds on UM. Looking at the past does not necessarily show tomorrow. Pangaea? Look further back at the 12 supercontinents The earth, when looked from above is in appearance streaked like one of those balls which have leather coverings in twelve pieces.

Ancient supercontinents

Supercontinent – Landmass comprising more than one continental core, or craton

The following list includes the supercontinents known or speculated to have existed in the Earth's past:

• Columbia – Ancient supercontinent of approximately 2,500 to 1,500 million years ago
  • Euramerica
  • Gondwana – Neoproterozoic to Carboniferous supercontinent
  • Kenorland – Hypothetical Neoarchaean supercontinent from about 2.8 billion years ago
  • Laurasia – Northern supercontinent that formed part of the Pangaea supercontinent
  • Nena – Early Proterozoic supercontinent
  • Pangaea – Supercontinent from the late Paleozoic to early Mesozoic eras
  • Pannotia – Hypothesized Neoproterozoic supercontinent from the end of the Precambrian
  • Proto-Laurasia
  • Rodinia – Hypothetical neoproterozoic supercontinent from between about a billion to about three quarters of a billion years ago
  • Ur – Proposed archaean supercontinent from about 3.1 billion years ago
  • Vaalbara – Archaean supercontinent from about 3.6 to 2.7 billion years ago

Now the earth has divers wonderful regions, and is indeed in nature and extent very unlike the notions of geographers, as I believe on the authority of one who shall be nameless.

What do you mean, Socrates? said Simmias. I have myself heard many descriptions of the earth, but I do not know, and I should very much like to know, in which of these you put faith.

Also I believe that the earth is very vast, and that we who dwell in the region extending from the river Phasis to the Pillars of Heracles inhabit a small portion only about the sea, like ants or frogs about a marsh, and that there are other inhabitants of many other like places; for everywhere on the face of the earth there are hollows of various forms and sizes, into which the water and the mist and the lower air collect.

And we, Socrates, replied Simmias, shall be charmed to listen to you.

The tale, my friend, he said, is as follows:—In the first place, the earth, when looked at from above, is in appearance streaked like one of those balls which have leather coverings in twelve pieces, and is decked with various colours, of which the colours used by painters on earth are in a manner samples. But there the whole earth is made up of them, and they are brighter far and clearer than ours; there is a purple of wonderful lustre, also the radiance of gold, and the white which is in the earth is whiter than any chalk or snow. ---from Plato's Phaedo

edu_what_is_earth_0.jpg

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, Polar said:

I am supposing that this is true... how else could i discuss it? 

According to Gandhi, honest disagreement is often a good sign of progress. That is the main reason why i post here, to discuss it. When you say that there is no other way to interpret it, i feel really sad, because i know what i have seen before and this will literally leads us nowhere. 

I thank for your support, it helped me understand lots of other things that just weren't in the scope of my research. Believe it or not i was thinking of starting two last threads on Pangaea breakup and a revisited Expanding earth theory. But i know i will be catapulted to a place where the sun don't shine. Too bad.

But you discredit my imagery and you call them whatever, but they are simple continental comparisons. Look at Pangaea for example, where is Greenland's continental fit?

http://www.virginiaplaces.org/geology/graphics/northamerica150million.png

http://www.virginiaplaces.org/geology/rocksdui4.html

Greenland’s continental fit is in the 3rd picture of your second link, ACROSS FROM NORWAY. It is nowhere near the PoH/SoG and never has been. Even you shouldn’t be that blind. 

cormac

• Like 5

Of course Mario is suggesting that the east coast of his Greenland plate doesn't seem to fit the west coast of Norway.

Btw., I am not suggesting I support Mario's impossible fantasy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cormac mac airt said:

Greenland’s continental fit is in the 3rd picture of your second link, ACROSS FROM NORWAY. It is nowhere near the PoH/SoG and never has been. Even you shouldn’t be that blind. 

cormac

And yet all the evidence suggests he is.

--Jaylemurph

• Haha 4

The answer is obvious.

Norway minced away from Gibraltar as well.

Next question.

Harte

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

PinkUglyBirdofparadise-size_restricted.g

The fact that the north Atlantic gap started to open up prior to the actual Pangaea breakup, must mean something... at the start of the animation, there is an identical shape of Greenland, in front of Gibraltar.

Another great coincidence, is it not? Why would Pangaea open up there in front of Gibraltar? Why would it?

Edited by Polar

27 minutes ago, Polar said:

ACtC-3fTPMt2U7S_3I3AKP2WISmaL6nrw46CWFsb

You really don’t understand distances, do you? The southern tip of Greenland is still SEVERAL HUNDRED MILES NORTH of the northwest corner of the Iberian peninsula. It is nowhere near Gibraltar. 

cormac

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

You really don’t understand distances, do you? The southern tip of Greenland is still SEVERAL HUNDRED MILES NORTH of the northwest corner of the Iberian peninsula. It is nowhere near Gibraltar. 

cormac

Even if it was, how many humans were walking around when the continents were in that  position? Or like I said, dinosaurs could have built Atlantis, I guess that makes just as much sense as the rest of it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, Polar said:

Another great coincidence, is it not? Why would Pangaea open up there in front of Gibraltar? Why would it?

1) Given the relevant timeline, no.

2) As repeatedly emphasized by many worthy contributors, Greenland, part of the North American plate, was never in front of the Straits of Gibraltar during the period of Pangaea's existence. Period.

In addition to your well demonstrated inabilities to understand geology, plate tectonics, distance, history, and a myriad of other topics, you would also appear have a notable problem with timelines.

The breakup of Pangaea began some 175 million years BP. Would you now be suggesting that Plato was discussing a Bronze Age civilization that dates to a time well before the existence of placental mammals?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

13 minutes ago, Swede said:

1) Given the relevant timeline, no.

2) As repeatedly emphasized by many worthy contributors, Greenland, part of the North American plate, was never in front of the Straits of Gibraltar during the period of Pangaea's existence. Period.

In addition to your well demonstrated inabilities to understand geology, plate tectonics, distance, history, and a myriad of other topics, you would also appear have a notable problem with timelines.

The breakup of Pangaea began some 175 million years BP. Would you now be suggesting that Plato was discussing a Bronze Age civilization that dates to a time well before the existence of placental mammals?

Polar is fishing for gullible humans and there doesn't appear to be any around here, at least none THAT gullible. 

Seriously the only thing that makes sense is he thinks he's going to be the next famous BS alternative history book author, be the next Von Daniken I guess. He's facing some severe struggles with that. One, he can't write. But first and foremost, he cannot even weave a story that is coherent enough to fool even the most gullible of humans. I'd suggest he go into another form of charlatanism, because this one is clearly beyond his skill set. 

Edited by Hyperionxvii
  • Like 4

32 minutes ago, Hyperionxvii said:

Polar is fishing for gullible humans and there doesn't appear to be any around here, at least none THAT gullible. 

Seriously the only thing that makes sense is he thinks he's going to be the next famous BS alternative history book author, be the next Von Daniken I guess. He's facing some severe struggles with that. One, he can't write. But first and foremost, he cannot even weave a story that is coherent enough to fool even the most gullible of humans. I'd suggest he go into another form of charlatanism, because this one is clearly beyond his skill set. 

Chuckle! Agreed. Mario has been playing this game for over a decade, much to the dismay of the experienced contributors. Yes, he may have the desire to be the latest fringe "author", which is an obvious fail. As recently mentioned, one wonders if he is simply desperate for attention. If so, a sad existence.

But wait just a bit. He will try to interject his IOGL fantasy as a disruption in the geological record/timeline that allows Pangaea to actually begin to break up during a period consistent with Plato's writings. Despite the overwhelming data to the contrary.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Swede said:

Chuckle! Agreed. Mario has been playing this game for over a decade, much to the dismay of the experienced contributors. Yes, he may have the desire to be the latest fringe "author", which is an obvious fail. As recently mentioned, one wonders if he is simply desperate for attention. If so, a sad existence.

But wait just a bit. He will try to interject his IOGL fantasy as a disruption in the geological record/timeline that allows Pangaea to actually begin to break up during a period consistent with Plato's writings. Despite the overwhelming data to the contrary.

That would have been a rough period if Pangaea would have broken apart only 9000 years ago and formed into what we see today. Surprised any of us survived that! 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Swede said:

...to be fair, we give it to him.

—Jaylemurph 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, jaylemurph said:

—Jaylemurph 

Yes, but we have our reasons.

Mario Milk may be old and soured, but it's pretty much the only milk in town right now.

Harte

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, Harte said:

Yes, but we have our reasons.

Mario Milk may be old and soured, but it's pretty much the only milk in town right now.

Harte

Hilarious Reaction to bad tasting food - GIF on Imgur

:lol:

jmccr8

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

21 hours ago, jaylemurph said:

—Jaylemurph 

True, but consider the alternative. Without sound critique, some poor and ill informed individual may actually believe his waste of bandwidth. Consider the critiques a matter of humane concern.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1