Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

#45 an ongoing threat to national security?

toast

It was part of a long tradition of former presidents being consulted about, and granted access to, some of the nation's secrets. Priess and other former intelligence officials say Joe Biden would be wise not to let that tradition continue in the case of Donald Trump.

They argue soon-to-be-former President Trump already poses a danger because of the secrets he currently possesses, and they say it would be foolish to trust him with more sensitive information. With Trump's real estate empire under financial pressure and his brand suffering, they worry he will see American secrets as a profit center.

"This is not something that one could have ever imagined with other presidents, but it's easy to imagine with this one," said Jack Goldsmith, who worked as a senior Justice Department official in the George W. Bush administration.

"He's shown as president that he doesn't take secret-keeping terribly seriously," Goldsmith said in an interview. "He has a known tendency to disrespect rules related to national security. And he has a known tendency to like to sell things that are valuable to him."

nbcnews

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

We got lucky on that one.  Just think how bad it could have been if he addended and paid attention in daily briefings.

Except for Trump giving Jared, Junior, and Ivanka top security clearances over objections by Intelligence agencies. I shudder to think what this lot's got stashed away for future income.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, toast said:

It was part of a long tradition of former presidents being consulted about, and granted access to, some of the nation's secrets. Priess and other former intelligence officials say Joe Biden would be wise not to let that tradition continue in the case of Donald Trump.

They argue soon-to-be-former President Trump already poses a danger because of the secrets he currently possesses, and they say it would be foolish to trust him with more sensitive information. With Trump's real estate empire under financial pressure and his brand suffering, they worry he will see American secrets as a profit center.

"This is not something that one could have ever imagined with other presidents, but it's easy to imagine with this one," said Jack Goldsmith, who worked as a senior Justice Department official in the George W. Bush administration.

"He's shown as president that he doesn't take secret-keeping terribly seriously," Goldsmith said in an interview. "He has a known tendency to disrespect rules related to national security. And he has a known tendency to like to sell things that are valuable to him."

nbcnews

How is it exactly that so many people care what the Media has to say about anything?  Wait...I forgot.  I'm one of the few who sees the Media as the Manipulators of the Narrative. Still, how is it that the Proletariat just gobble up the vomitus with no thought process about it at all.  At least in 1984, the Proletariat were engaged in 2 minute hates against 'the enemy'...in today's version...it's a 24 hour hate fest by whoever the Media deems ....not worthy...  gobble, gobble, gobble.

Please...do not attempt thinking on  your own at home.  Leave it to the professional thinkers...like me.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, joc said:

How is it exactly that so many people care what the Media has to say about anything?  Wait...I forgot.  I'm one of the few who sees the Media as the Manipulators of the Narrative. Still, how is it that the Proletariat just gobble up the vomitus with no thought process about it at all.  At least in 1984, the Proletariat were engaged in 2 minute hates against 'the enemy'...in today's version...it's a 24 hour hate fest by whoever the Media deems ....not worthy...  gobble, gobble, gobble.

Please...do not attempt thinking on  your own at home.  Leave it to the professional thinkers...like me.

Dude what are you even talking about, you dont have cable, Satellite, or a TV so what do you really know about anything? 

How do you even know what is happening in the world from day to day, do you at least have a radio?

You always have to portray yourself as above others, just like you did above, dude I dont even know why you are attempting to get into a argument, when you are so obvious unarmed, quit while your ahead!!!

• Like 2

Leave it to the professional thinkers...like me.

That was a good one.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, joc said:

How is it exactly that so many people care what the Media has to say about anything? 

They've proven over the past 4 years that the media does their thinking FOR them.  They have zero intention of allowing the Orange Menace a moment of peace for the rest of his life.  He shamed them in public and even after 4 years of their best assaults, he still laughs in their faces. They also realize exactly what a threat he represents as a potential lightning rod for a new party.  Damn, what a pathetic lot they are.

Y'know it's funny, people didn't start having a serious problem with the media until Fox news started saying they where the only trustworthy ones and then Trump said anything negative about him is fake news.

Which is, yknow, what /cult leaders do to control their subjects/.

The modern GOP and Trumpists are essentially scientology with less space opera. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, joc said:

Children, let this be a lesson to you.  This sense of isolation and superiority can develop after years of sex, drugs, rock and roll, late nights, pizza for breakfast, and way too much blues guitar. Not sayin thats what happened to joc.  Just sayin.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, toast said:

That was a good one.

That's what I say about every breath I take! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Children, let this be a lesson to you.  This sense of isolation and superiority can develop after years of sex, drugs, rock and roll, late nights, pizza for breakfast, and way too much blues guitar. Not sayin thats what happened to joc.  Just sayin.

Mostly it is a result of isolation from the  constant, 24/7,  never ending hype of the Media...reverberating again and again throughout the dark chasms of your minds.  Me...meh...not so much.  I don't listen to any of them.  This allows for thought process...without being 'told' what to think. Or 'conditioned' or 'groomed' to think in a certain way.  I am free. So...yeah...I still eat pizza for breakfast.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, and then said:

They've proven over the past 4 years that the media does their thinking FOR them. 

The left and the right holding the alternate universes apart. Only my side is wise and right and free.

Free Photo | A male runner stretching his muscle standing in front of glass

• Like 1

12 hours ago, joc said:

I wouldnt go with thinker. Stinker might be more appropriate, though.

8 hours ago, Autochthon1990 said:

Y'know it's funny, people didn't start having a serious problem with the media until Fox news started saying they where the only trustworthy ones and then Trump said anything negative about him is fake news.

Which is, yknow, what /cult leaders do to control their subjects/.

The modern GOP and Trumpists are essentially scientology with less space opera. 

Yup, and like Scientology, neither have a shred of evidence to back up their claims.

En1HaBFW8AAt4wI.jpeg

On 11/28/2020 at 8:09 PM, Hankenhunter said:

I wouldnt go with thinker. Stinker might be more appropriate, though.

Not a stinker!  I use deodorant...even though it is known to cause cancer in the state of California.

Was hitler a cult leader?  Did he not use the media to propagandize hatred of the Jews?  Yes...he most certainly did.  And did the German People hate the Jews?  Yes they did. 

There is a correlation between Propaganda and Control of the Masses to achieve a political objective.  I don't expect you to see it.

On 11/28/2020 at 8:12 PM, Hankenhunter said:

Yup, and like Scientology, neither have a shred of evidence to back up their claims.

And...uh...where exactly is the evidence that Trump had anything to do with the Pandemic.  And...uh...where exactly is the evidence that masks have had any beneficial results in stopping the pandemic?  Come on man...where is the consistency in your thought process?  You can do better than just spout the Media Bilge.

20 minutes ago, joc said:

And...uh...where exactly is the evidence that Trump had anything to do with the Pandemic.  And...uh...where exactly is the evidence that masks have had any beneficial results in stopping the pandemic?  Come on man...where is the consistency in your thought process?  You can do better than just spout the Media Bilge.

Masks are Effective

The articles below are both Academic Peer Reviewed Papers which answer both of your questions. In both cases you are wrong, Masks are effective, and America is looked at as major failure concerning the Pandemic, and all of the Blame falls square upon President Trump lack of action in the beginning and throughout the Pandemic.

First, the problem was not only the result of a unique individual. Trump’s idiosyncratic personality may have made things worse, but there were many others who supported him, actively and loudly in some cases, silently by inaction in others. There were too many who supported his policy or reused to oppose it to attribute it to the individual. The supporters generally adhered to the same view of political economy as the president.

One of the first academic papers to evaluate the effects of specific policies on the spread of the COVID-19 virus argued that it was important to study some of the nations that suffered the pandemic’s earliest impacts in order to inform the rest of the world (see Figure 1). FIGURE 1: POLICY EFFECTIVENESS AND INCOME: THE U.S. IS RICHEST & WORST Sources: Solomon Hsiang, et al., “Policy Effectiveness: The effect of large-scale anti-contagion policies on the COVID-19 pandemic,” Nature, June 8, 2020.; Income from IMF, Wikipedia. The conclusion that the U.S. response was relatively ineffective, compared to other large, high income, democracies, based on the observation of deaths, infections and income is supported by an econometric study from the University of California at Berkeley. Here, we compile new data on 1,717 local, regional, and national nonpharmaceutical interventions deployed in the ongoing pandemic across locality. https://www.vermontlaw.edu/sites/default/files/2020-10/The Political Economy of Pandemic Policy -7-20.pdf

Trump was at fault for the serious nature of the Pandemic because of the inaction from start to date 

Specific failures of the Trump Administration include actions taken—or not taken—prior to the appearance of COVID-19. For example, even before Trump was inaugurated, there were missed opportunities to become prepared for the possibility of a health crisis. Reportedly, in a “tabletop exercise” a week before Trump’s inauguration, Obama officials briefed the incoming administration about the possibilities and responses to a pandemic: “The Trump team was told it could face specific challenges, such as shortages of ventilators, anti-viral drugs and other medical essentials, and that having a coordinated, unified national response was ‘paramount.’”4 However, there are indications that the incoming federal officials did not take the matter seriously.5 Additionally, the Trump Administration inherited the National Security Council’s (NSC) 2016 guide, “Playbook for Early Response to High-Consequence Emerging Infectious Disease Threats and Biological Incidents,” known colloquially as “the pandemic playbook,” but it was never adopted as policy.6 It is unclear whether this failure was the “result of an oversight or a deliberate decision to follow a different course”7 Further, the NSC not only had a “playbook,” but there was also a pandemic response unit; the Trump Administration “disbanded” this unit in 2018.8 When asked about the unit being disbanded on March 13, 2020, the President first objected that such a question was “nasty” and then stated “I don’t know anything about it. https://core.ac.uk/download/pdf/323028549.pdf 

People are supposed to cover their mouth when they cough, especially when they are sick with a cold or the flu. Why do some people think mask are ineffective?

Is it because Trump, over the advise of many doctors, WHO, and the CDC knows better than all these health care professionals, and has rarely worn a mask himself? That shows a lack of responsibility.

• Like 2