Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Beneath the sun

Arcana

1517625402_Beneaththesun.jpg.a37726e9aa0740a93b0d099b879e6db3.jpg

My eyes stare blindly through the dark
Awaiting dawn to shine first light
And birth an innocent new born day
With cries of hope and pristine promise

This is the song of my heart
Sung with passion for all to hear
Building bridges to be crossed
Over streams of painful tears

My spirit seeks enlightened purpose
To live and fairly play the game
Calling afar my words be heard
To find the love that burns so brightly

In this place I search for peace
To rest my tired and withered soul  
Be still the beating taunts within
And calm befall my fevered brow

I'll carry this world in my arms
And sail it somewhere in a dream
Through stormy seas to tranquil shores
To bask in glory beneath the sun

image.jpeg.6c2d7caab21fc5d09ce35a4c981e0988.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Arcana said:

1517625402_Beneaththesun.jpg.a37726e9aa0740a93b0d099b879e6db3.jpg

My eyes stare blindly through the dark
Awaiting dawn to shine first light
And birth an innocent new born day
With cries of hope and pristine promise

This is the song of my heart
Sung with passion for all to hear
Building bridges to be crossed
Over streams of painful tears

My spirit seeks enlightened purpose
To live and fairly play the game
Calling afar my words be heard
To find the love that burns so brightly

In this place I search for peace
To rest my tired and withered soul  
Be still the beating taunts within
And calm befall my fevered brow

Hey my friend, I hope this finds you Health, Safe and Happy. I must ask, do you publish your poems? Because to me they are very deep and very beautiful, everyone one I have read touches my soul and I think you work is great and should be heard by all!!:yes:

Take Care my Brother!!:tu:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Hey my friend, I hope this finds you Health, Safe and Happy. I must ask, do you publish your poems? Because to me they are very deep and very beautiful, everyone one I have read touches my soul and I think you work is great and should be heard by all!!:yes:

Take Care my Brother!!:tu:

I am safe, healthy and trying like everyone else to raise the occasional smile during these difficult times Manwon, thanks my spiritual brother. I hope you and your family are managing to stay safe, happy and healthy too.:tu:

I am very grateful for your lovely comment and you pay me a great compliment by saying my words touch your soul, thank you very much my friend.:)

None of my work has ever been published. I write to explore my own creativity and even if it just brings pleasure to a single person, then that makes it all worthwhile for me.:tu:

Thank you again for your kind remarks.:)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/29/2020 at 5:19 AM, Arcana said:

Absolutely wonderful! :)

On 11/29/2020 at 2:03 PM, Arcana said:

None of my work has ever been published. I write to explore my own creativity and even if it just brings pleasure to a single person, then that makes it all worthwhile for me.:tu:

You are a true artist!

Art isn't about money or fame - it's about expressing some unique feelings, etc.
If you sell your soul for money, then your art isn't art anymore because then you become an entertainer.

I said no to so many opportunities because my heart didn't want it - I was invited to New York, etc. -  but I said no because I'm a private person and want to stay that way.
I think all real artists want to stay private and protect themselves. 

Real art isn't about money because true art is unique and, therefore, a bit mysterious.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LightAngel said:

Absolutely wonderful! :)

You are a true artist!

Art isn't about money or fame - it's about expressing some unique feelings, etc.
If you sell your soul for money, then your art isn't art anymore because then you become an entertainer.

I said no to so many opportunities because my heart didn't want it - I was invited to New York, etc. -  but I said no because I'm a private person and want to stay that way.
I think all real artists want to stay private and protect themselves. 

Real art isn't about money because true art is unique and, therefore, a bit mysterious.

I never thought of it like that LA, but you're right on many levels, especially about once your art becomes a commodity, it evolves into entertainment. That said, it is sad that so many artists have remained obscure throughout their lives, but like you say, it all depends on the level of satisfaction the artist gets from sharing their art with small audiences.

In my case the only thing I was ever gifted with, was being reasonably talented at drawing and painting. I was advised to go to college by my art teacher to take up a course in graphic design, but felt that it wasn't something I particularly enjoyed, so never pursued a career in art any further. My best friend at that time, did pursue a career in graphic design and now is very successful, owning his own business. Do I have any regrets? No, not really, for the reasons that you mentioned, it felt like I would have to prostitute my talent into a field I was not comfortable with, in order to make a living from it. On the plus side, my integrity remains intact, on the down side, I've had to take whatever work I could find to pay the bills, which has never given me any creative outlet. Therefore, remaining private can prove something of a poisoned chalice at times lol, but like you also said, money isn't everything in life, I'd trade it in a heartbeat any day, for health and happiness. So nowadays, I don't find the inclination to draw and paint, so I have to find other forms of artistic expression, hence writing.

I'm curious, when you say, 'I said no to so many opportunities because my heart didn't want it - I was invited to New York, etc.', in what field did your opportunity arise, if you don't mind me asking? If you'd prefer not to answer, no probs, I can respect that.:tu:

Thank you once again for your lovely comments and kind words of encouragement. :)

Edited by Arcana
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Arcana said:

I never thought of it like that LA, but you're right on many levels, especially about once your art becomes a commodity, it evolves into entertainment. That said, it is sad that so many artists have remained obscure throughout their lives, but like you say, it all depends on the level of satisfaction the artist gets from sharing their art with small audiences.

In my case the only thing I was ever gifted with, was being reasonably talented at drawing and painting. I was advised to go to college by my art teacher to take up a course in graphic design, but felt that it wasn't something I particularly enjoyed, so never pursued a career in art any further. My best friend at that time, did pursue a career in graphic design and now is very successful, owning his own business. Do I have any regrets? No, not really, for the reasons that you mentioned, it felt like I would have to prostitute my talent into a field I was not comfortable with, in order to make a living from it. On the plus side, my integrity remains intact, on the down side, I've had to take whatever work I could find to pay the bills, which has never given me any creative outlet. Therefore, remaining private can prove something of a poisoned chalice at times lol, but like you also said, money isn't everything in life, I'd trade it in a heartbeat any day, for health and happiness. So nowadays, I don't find the inclination to draw and paint, so I have to find other forms of artistic expression, hence writing.

I'm curious, when you say, 'I said no to so many opportunities because my heart didn't want it - I was invited to New York, etc.', in what field did your opportunity arise, if you don't mind me asking? If you'd prefer not to answer, no probs, I can respect that.:tu:

Thank you once again for your lovely comments and kind words of encouragement. :)

You are welcome.

As an artist, then you are probably highly sensitive - or at least more sensitive than the average person - am I right?! :)

So in order to maintain your inner peace and happiness, then it's important to be true to yourself and find your own way of doing things - and it looks like you do just that. 

I was invited to New York because of my paintings.

This is your poetry topic, so I don't want to talk too much about myself, but I felt I had to use myself as an example here to make a point.

I hope you will keep creating your genius poems. Maybe you should make your own poetry book one day because then you will be your own boss - and you can do it all your own way. :yes:

• Like 1

As an artist, then you are probably highly sensitive - or at least more sensitive than the average person - am I right?! :)

So in order to maintain your inner peace and happiness, then it's important to be true to yourself and find your own way of doing things - and it looks like you do just that. 

I was invited to New York because of my paintings.

This is your poetry topic, so I don't want to talk too much about myself, but I felt I had to use myself as an example here to make a point.

I hope you will keep creating your genius poems. Maybe you should make your own poetry book one day because then you will be your own boss - and you can do it all your own way. :yes:

Yes, I guess I can be highly sensitive, but shhhhhhhhhh.........I don't want anyone else to know that! ;)

I find I can be sensitive to the emotions of those around me too, I suppose it's my empathic nature. You are also correct when you say, 'So in order to maintain your inner peace and happiness, then it's important to be true to yourself and find your own way of doing things', spot on!:tu:

As to talking about yourself, I invited your response, so feel free to share whatever you wish. I see you are very artistic yourself and I'm guessing what you said about being highly sensitive, applies to you too Angel. :)

What a lovely compliment you've payed me, thank you so much. Perhaps one day I might think about publishing a book of poetry, but I still have much to learn and room to improve, if and when I get there, I'll know when the time is right. 

Edited by Arcana
  • Like 1

On 12/13/2020 at 7:36 AM, Arcana said:

Yes, I guess I can be highly sensitive, but shhhhhhhhhh.........I don't want anyone else to know that! ;)

I find I can be sensitive to the emotions of those around me too, I suppose it's my empathic nature. You are also correct when you say, 'So in order to maintain your inner peace and happiness, then it's important to be true to yourself and find your own way of doing things', spot on!:tu:

As to talking about yourself, I invited your response, so feel free to share whatever you wish. I see you are very artistic yourself and I'm guessing what you said about being highly sensitive, applies to you too Angel. :)

What a lovely compliment you've payed me, thank you so much. Perhaps one day I might think about publishing a book of poetry, but I still have much to learn and room to improve, if and when I get there, I'll know when the time is right. 

I'm happy about my sensitivity. :yes:

Some of the strongest people I know are sensitive - they are honest about their feelings, and they are very much aware. If you have a healthy balance of strength and sensitivity - then sensitivity is a great gift.

I could write a whole book about this. :lol:

Bottom line - sensitivity is an immense strength. :P

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, LightAngel said:

I'm happy about my sensitivity. :yes:

Some of the strongest people I know are sensitive - they are honest about their feelings, and they are very much aware. If you have a healthy balance of strength and sensitivity - then sensitivity is a great gift.

I could write a whole book about this. :lol:

Bottom line - sensitivity is an immense strength. :P

Like many things, I find it can be a great strength, but also a weakness at times, depending on how you manage it. I agree that the strength to manage your sensitivity is an important balance to strike. Many sensitive people are easily offended for example, can be a bit moody at times, or sometimes have a tendency to judge others by their own moral codes, expecting to be treated in return, the same way that they themselves treat others (this has been true of myself at times in the past btw). If you are truly in touch with your nature, then you may find it easier to cope with these disappointments and let-downs. I struggled for many years until I learned to trust my instincts and become a better judge of character, due to being empathic (which I also tend to find helps with dream interpretations btw). I do think that sensitivity and artistic creativity are linked, so from that aspect it can definitely be a plus, as you have a tendency to express yourself more deeply through your art, in my humble opinion.:tu:

Edited by Arcana
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Arcana said:

Like many things, I find it can be a great strength, but also a weakness at times, depending on how you manage it. I agree that the strength to manage your sensitivity is an important balance to strike. Many sensitive people are easily offended for example, can be a bit moody at times, or sometimes have a tendency to judge others by their own moral codes, expecting to be treated in return, the same way that they themselves treat others (this has been true of myself at times in the past btw). If you are truly in touch with your nature, then you may find it easier to cope with these disappointments and let-downs. I struggled for many years until I learned to trust my instincts and become a better judge of character, due to being empathic (which I also tend to find helps with dream interpretations btw). I do think that sensitivity and artistic creativity are linked, so from that aspect it can definitely be a plus, as you have a tendency to express yourself more deeply through your art, in my humble opinion.:tu:

Yes, sensitive people are more creative. :yes:

I don't think my instincts have ever been wrong - that's why I always trust them.

Hmm, It's very interesting that you mention dreams here - care to elaborate?

• Like 1

Hmm, It's very interesting that you mention dreams here - care to elaborate?

When I have done Tarot readings for people and dream analysis in the past (I rarely do it nowadays, as I used to find myself up until daft o'clock in the morning trying to help people who were very troubled by their dreams and afraid to sleep at night), I usually start 'picking up' on them, mainly through intuition, it's quite difficult to explain actually, as it's driven by senses. I have never read any books or literature on dream analysis, so I do not normally go with 'this image means this and that image means that', it's what I feel from the way a person describes their dream. Obviously the greater the detail, the better equipped I am to try and interpret.

18 hours ago, Arcana said:

When I have done Tarot readings for people and dream analysis in the past (I rarely do it nowadays, as I used to find myself up until daft o'clock in the morning trying to help people who were very troubled by their dreams and afraid to sleep at night), I usually start 'picking up' on them, mainly through intuition, it's quite difficult to explain actually, as it's driven by senses. I have never read any books or literature on dream analysis, so I do not normally go with 'this image means this and that image means that', it's what I feel from the way a person describes their dream. Obviously the greater the detail, the better equipped I am to try and interpret.

The fact that you help people is such a beautiful thing. And no book will help/guide you here better than your own instincts - your instincts are your best guide. ;)

Anyway...

Our dreams are just another window to another part of our true nature and reality!

And people should use the tools that work for them (no matter what other people say ) - we are all on some kind of journey - if it works for you and you make your life work productively and feel happy - you are a true survivor.

The most important truth you will ever find in this reality/world - is to be true to yourself.

• Like 1