Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Study Links Mindfulness to Narcissism.

danydandan

4 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

I think you are being judgemental and righteous in saying that.   :) 

See, it is just a subjective opinion, driven by your own personal  world views  which, in turn, were  shaped by your own individual experiences 

Michelle only got it half right 

The path both makes the man and reveals the man

ie  What we encounter in life makes us who we are, but it also reveals our character.

An exercise programme every day will shape your body and give you certain attributes, but it both reveals some of your needs and values, and may, in the end, reveal what sort of person you are when/if you end up with the body of a body builder eg How do you use this new form and abilities? How does it shape and change your personality 

Thank you for your thoughts.

• Like 1

Life is a journey between birth and death, the dawn and sunset of our existence. Between these two points is the long day of life and a book of blank pages on which to write.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/2/2020 at 7:07 PM, Mr Walker said:

15 years.

Thousands of hours  of learning, practice, self discipline, and effort every day and night over those years  . 

I just got in early, ( 4-20 years of age, or so,)   and so had no problems later on in life. 

8 hours ago, Will Do said:

How about, not the path, but the path intended reveals the man?

See Jay’s response. 

All the best to both you and MW.

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 1

Just now, Hammerclaw said:

Life is a journey between birth and death, the dawn and sunset of our existence. Between these two points is the long day of life and a book of blank pages on which to write.

Beautiful.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

Looking at the direct study like it seems like it is much more about supernatural spiritualism being correlated with narcissism than mindfulness. 

Things like seeing auras, energy healing, and such.

For me, the Neurologist I work for is looking at this study. I am waiting for her feedback. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1