Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Skilled Truck Driver Helps to End Chase

pallidin

That was 27 years ago.  Also, I see sleepy truck drivers do the exact same thing about every six months or so when I head to work around 5 am.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, pallidin said:

I love it!  Thank you for posting that.

The guy deserves a medal for being so public-spirited.

• Like 3

On 11/30/2020 at 5:21 PM, razman said:

looks pretty damned risky to me. What could have gone wrong?

Why? This was a felony pursuit with trained officers.

This weirdo needed to be stopped and arrested... 

• Like 2

love the ones like this.. I remember seeing one where the truck drivers boxed in the guy the cops were chasing and slowed down to a stop so the cops could grab him.. the drivers like this need recognition for the public service they do.. 

• Like 4

On 11/30/2020 at 7:21 PM, razman said:

looks pretty damned risky to me. What could have gone wrong?

absolutely, stupid move,  it could have easily gone wrong, and he truck driver would be responsible, and if perps got hurt, he would be sued by them,  if cops got hurt, he'd be charged by a DA, regardless of intent. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DingoLingo said:

love the ones like this.. I remember seeing one where the truck drivers boxed in the guy the cops were chasing and slowed down to a stop so the cops could grab him.. the drivers like this need recognition for the public service they do.. 

sure, so drivers identity is known and he gets hurt along with his family, as a revenge???  that is pretty stupid move too, to identify them,   even a low level crook would seek revenge,  once he is on bail.  and if gangs involved, his whole family would be hurt, it happens all the time here. 

it seems ironically stupid, that same people that are opposing people carrying guns for self-defenses,  have no issues with this kind of reckless behavior, with a 50k lb weapon

6 hours ago, aztek said:

it seems ironically stupid, that same people that are opposing people carrying guns for self-defenses,  have no issues with this kind of reckless behavior, with a 50k lb weapon

Funny isnt it.. but then.. these guys have training in how to use this 50k lb weapon.. unlike having to carry guns :)

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, DingoLingo said:

Funny isnt it.. but then.. these guys have training in how to use this 50k lb weapon.. unlike having to carry guns :)

what makes you think people who carry do not train? cnn told you? have you met many Americans who carry legally? 

you just made absolutely baseless false claim,  way out of your area of expertise,  

do Australian driving schools teach you swing your trailers at high speed with other cars around????   our sure do not. pretty stupid thing to do under any circumstances.  nothing happened due to pure luck, not  drivers superior training

Edited by aztek

18 hours ago, pallidin said:

Why? This was a felony pursuit with trained officers.

This weirdo needed to be stopped and arrested... 

Yes , trained officers is the key words in there.The truck driver is not a trained officer i presume. Actually not even a cop at all. What if his activity would have caused deaths? 

6 hours ago, aztek said:

what makes you think people who carry do not train? cnn told you? have you met many Americans who carry legally? 

you just made absolutely baseless false claim,  way out of your area of expertise,  

do Australian driving schools teach you swing your trailers at high speed with other cars around????   our sure do not. pretty stupid thing to do under any circumstances.  nothing happened due to pure luck, not  drivers superior training

oh I am just making a statement on gun control :) I think anyone who owns a firearm needs to be trained in it.. something they are trying to push for over here for years.. and I agree with it.. 

and nope they dont.. but I look at it this way.. they got the guy off the road before he caused a accident.. how many of the high speed chases end up with the person being chased crashing and killing a innocent bystander.. 

Just think of the truck driver as a militia member standing up for what he sees is right.. 

4 hours ago, DingoLingo said:

oh I am just making a statement on gun control :) I think anyone who owns a firearm needs to be trained in it.. something they are trying to push for over here for years.. and I agree with it.. 

and nope they dont.. but I look at it this way.. they got the guy off the road before he caused a accident.. how many of the high speed chases end up with the person being chased crashing and killing a innocent bystander.. 

Just think of the truck driver as a militia member standing up for what he sees is right.. 

The only thing that'll stop a bad guy with a car is a good guy with a truck.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, DingoLingo said:

oh I am just making a statement on gun control :) I think anyone who owns a firearm needs to be trained in it..

again you making a baseless statement about things you have no idea about, again, what makes you think people that own guns do not train??? that is exactly what you implied, that gun owners in usa unlike truck drivers aren't trained  is that how it is in your country?  

Edited by aztek

7 hours ago, aztek said:

again you making a baseless statement about things you have no idea about, again, what makes you think people that own guns do not train??? that is exactly what you implied, that gun owners in usa unlike truck drivers aren't trained  is that how it is in your country?  

actually yes.. you are not required to do firearm training over here.. which personally I think is bloody stupid.. 

"A person must be over the age of 18 to obtain a licence, however persons of any age can use a firearm under the supervision of the licence holder. A person who wishes to possess firearms must apply to the Western Australian Police Commissioner for a licence."

https://www.gotocourt.com.au/legal-news/gun-laws-western-australia/#:~:text=A person must be over,Police Commissioner for a licence.

now to get a CCW over there. .yes you do have to have training.. which is brilliant.. but it is not required if you wish to own a firearm.. only if you wish to conceal carry.. 

personally I believe training should be for if you wish to own a firearm.. but like I said.. its a personal belief.. 

just on a side note.. I have a bit of a idea about it over there.. got mates in Texas (they are red as red can be) and we always argue over gun control and reforms.. even when they came to visit here last.. got a bit heated.. but we have been friends for over 25 years and never take it to heart :)

48 minutes ago, DingoLingo said:

actually yes.. you are not required to do firearm training over here.. which personally I think is bloody stupid.. 

"A person must be over the age of 18 to obtain a licence, however persons of any age can use a firearm under the supervision of the licence holder. A person who wishes to possess firearms must apply to the Western Australian Police Commissioner for a licence."

https://www.gotocourt.com.au/legal-news/gun-laws-western-australia/#:~:text=A person must be over,Police Commissioner for a licence.

now to get a CCW over there. .yes you do have to have training.. which is brilliant.. but it is not required if you wish to own a firearm.. only if you wish to conceal carry.. 

personally I believe training should be for if you wish to own a firearm.. but like I said.. its a personal belief.. 

just on a side note.. I have a bit of a idea about it over there.. got mates in Texas (they are red as red can be) and we always argue over gun control and reforms.. even when they came to visit here last.. got a bit heated.. but we have been friends for over 25 years and never take it to heart :)

ok now lets look at statistic in real world, in usa every year about 500 deadly accidents happen with firearms most of them are kids, who got  guns stored unsafely,  even cops have deadly gun accidents, i actually new a guy in collage, a Russian guy who became a cop, few years into his carrier he shot himself accidentally in the precinct , died on the spot.

however deadly accidents involving truck and busses only (those highly trained people according to you)  3-4k deaths.  

Edited by aztek

48 minutes ago, aztek said:

ok now lets look at statistic in real world, in usa every year about 500 deadly accidents happen with firearms most of them are kids, who got  guns stored unsafely,  even cops have deadly gun accidents, i actually new a guy in collage, a Russian guy who became a cop, few years into his carrier he shot himself accidentally in the precinct , died on the spot.

however deadly accidents involving truck and busses only (those highly trained people according to you)  3-4k deaths.  

Good call.. 3.4k deaths out of 12.5 million registered (2016 data).. but there are a few varied differences in your argument there mate.. 

question.. how many of those deadly accidents involving trucks and buses were weather related?..  throw in the size to weight ratio between a hand gun and truck.. so on and so forth.. I still say these drivers are doing a public service.. even your sheriffs have asked for drivers help at times in stopping people.. google it.. its pretty interesting.. 

12 hours ago, aztek said:

You haven't got figures in man-hours, do you?

12 hours ago, DingoLingo said:

Good call.. 3.4k deaths out of 12.5 million registered (2016 data)..

vs 500 (really much less since over 70% of accidents are kids getting guns, which is not a training issue, but a storage) out of 50 million legal registered owners,  (which is a lot more in reality, if you count illegal guns owners, who from time to time get in the news fat tat exact reason)