Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
rashore

Bizarre Hollywood Myths And Urban Legends

rashore

Myths and urban legends have been around forever, and there is something so thrilling, or at the very least, entertaining about them. These myths and legends plant little seeds in our minds, and while we know they're most likely false, they can't help but make us think. Sometimes they spiral into full on conspiracy theories, which can make for some fascinating internet deep dives (so long as they're not political and dangerous, of course). 

Our favorite topic for myths, urban legends, and theories is Hollywood and the world of celebrities, because if these folks are already the talk of the town, we might as well make it interesting. These celeb-focused stories are vast and varied, with some being somewhat plausible, and others downright bonkers. For example, we could have made a whole round-up of celebrities people think have died and been replaced by lookalikes — yeah, they get that crazy. 

https://www.livingly.com/Hollywood+Myths+And+Urban+Legends

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Scholar4Truth

I actually have a DVD copy of The Wizard of Oz. When zooming into the so called Munchkin suicide scene I looked at the object and it looked more like a bird then a person. You can actually see a wing from the bird move before it gets up and flies away. This is also discussed in the commentary.  

• Like 2

diddyman68
18 hours ago, Scholar4Truth said:

I actually have a DVD copy of The Wizard of Oz. When zooming into the so called Munchkin suicide scene I looked at the object and it looked more like a bird then a person. You can actually see a wing from the bird move before it gets up and flies away. This is also discussed in the commentary.  

I heard a bit of trivia that says toto the dog ( or its owner ) got better paid than the munchkins.

• Like 1

Matt221

what an entertaining read thank you

Scholar4Truth
On 12/1/2020 at 12:21 PM, diddyman68 said:

I heard a bit of trivia that says toto the dog ( or its owner ) got better paid than the munchkins.

Yes that's actually true. The munchkins were actually paid between 50 to $100. The dog who played Toto was paid $125. So unfortunately the munchkins were indeed paid less https://www.thevintagenews.com/2016/09/05/priority-dog-played-toto-wizard-oz-paid-salary-higher-actors-played-munchkins/

• Thanks 1

Scholar4Truth

Speaking of The Wizard of Oz. I heard it was rumored that the munchkins actually disliked Judy Garland and  we're really mean to her and mistreated her on the set.