Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Beliefs... everyone has them

Jodie.Lynne

15 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Next lifetime...

Yes life ever after

3 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Will

In many of the discussions that go on itis part of the forum are not about blaming anyone as some of us are just interested in how things develop and what caused change in someone's life. My mom was Catholic and my da Catholic with a Presbyterian stomach and neither of them talked about god or the church at home really they left it to the schools and churches to do the preaching so they never turned me to or away from god/religion the churches and schools was what made me see the hypocrisy. I don't have a problem with people having a personal faith but do if they are self-righteous dictators that try to legislate their beliefs on others as absolute.

jmccr8

Same, I have no issue with god either for me, it is about how a person uses it. I am open to wisdom regardless of the path.

But, BS is BS and I am gonna call it out, that is why I am in this section. 

Will opening his heart to god is a good thing, if he actually is doing it. It is on him to make it clear what he is doing.

So far he is preaching.

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

It is on him to make it clear what he is doing.

Funny

To believe is to give up all pretense of intellectual acumen, and leave yourself at the mercy of the Universe. Belief is not a practical matter and has no need of books of facts. Like love, it is a discipline of the heart. One finds that existence isn't something experienced apart, but that one is an active and interactive participant. Belief is a fine and private place, separate and at the same time, cotemporanious with ordinary life.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Hammerclaw said:

To believe is to give up all pretense of intellectual acumen, and leave yourself at the mercy of the Universe. Belief is not a practical matter and has no need of books of facts. Like love, it is a discipline of the heart. One finds that existence isn't something experienced apart, but that one is an active and interactive participant. Belief is a fine and private place, separate and at the same time, cotemporanious with ordinary life.

Beautiful. 

Hey Will, this is a person who is clear, you might want to pay attention. Just my two cents, not gospel.

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

And, well said. On my path, I call this mindfulness, we are on the same journey, just a different path. :wub:

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Beautiful. 

Hey Will, this is a person who is clear, you might want to pay attention. Just my two cents, not gospel.

Are you preaching to me? Lol

Edited by Will Do
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Will Do said:

Are you preaching to me? Lol

“Dude where’s your car.” 

:P

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

“Dude where’s your car.” 

:P

"Desire and one brave stretch of faith."

That's pretty clear right? :D

Edited by Will Do
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Will Do said:

"Desire and one brave stretch of faith."

That's pretty clear right? :D

Nope, but you are funny. :D I do like your humor.

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

belief...everyone has them!

My desire is to understand Why we have them.  Were they generated by our parents or those who raised us?  Were they generated from others?  

I know where my birth beliefs originated.  I also know there are many out there who want others to believe as they do.  For me, it is what makes sense in my brain...not to follow any one else...but to truly understand what makes sense to me.  The one thing that has been a fundamental to me is the physical nature of the universe...i.e.  physics.  Physics doesn't lie.  Belief is irrelevant with regards to truth.

Edited by joc
  • Like 5

21 minutes ago, joc said:

belief...everyone has them!

My desire is to understand Why we have them.  Were they generated by our parents or those who raised us?  Were they generated from others?  

I know where my birth beliefs originated.  I also know there are many out there who want others to believe as they do.  For me, it is what makes sense in my brain...not to follow any one else...but to truly understand what makes sense to me.  The one thing that has been a fundamental to me is the physical nature of the universe...i.e.  physics.  Physics doesn't lie.  Belief is irrelevant with regards to truth.

Joc has me on ignore. Can you believe it? Lol

It's weird. I believe if people would just stop arguing and take a breather they'd probably find out that we all sort of believe the same thing.

Like joc said "Belief is irrelevant with regards to truth." Of course it is. Belief is always gonna be irrelevant. 

Here's the solution to this problem as far as I'm concerned. If I may say so myself. 

Don't put faith in what is supposed to be believed but instead put it in "what makes sense" that's also the truth.

That's clear to me lol. And it's simple. Like it should be.

Not sure what's the truth? Don't worry about it. If you find out later you where wrong about truth, just adjust to it when it's found. What could be wrong to commit to knowing the truth? Even if you don't know yet what the truth is? If you keep looking for it like you would if it was a quarter, eventually, if you don't stop, you'll find it. Right?

Edited by Will Do

4 hours ago, Will Do said:

Instead of allowing yourself to be distracted by someone else's problems why cope with it when you can simply let it go and make your own way?

Coping and healing is negative when it holds back progress.

Sometimes when I thought I had something that needed to be healed it turned out instead that something just needed to be born.

Something old and bad just needed to be displaced by something new and good.

Will, I am gonna try and ask this with tact...

Does your coping system involve pretending you are deaf, dumb, and blind?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Will Do said:

Joc has me on ignore. Can you believe it? Lol

It's weird. I believe if people would just stop arguing and take a breather they'd probably find out that we all sort of believe the same thing.

Like joc said "Belief is irrelevant with regards to truth." Of course it is. Belief is always gonna be irrelevant. 

Here's the solution to this problem as far as I'm concerned. If I may say so myself. 

Don't put faith in what is supposed to be believed but instead put it in "what makes sense" that's also the truth.

That's clear to me lol. And it's simple. Like it should be.

Not sure what's the truth? Don't worry about it. If you find out later you where wrong about truth, just adjust to it when it's found. What could be wrong to commit to knowing the truth? Even if you don't know yet what the truth is? If you keep looking for it like you would if it was a quarter, eventually, if you don't stop, you'll find it. Right?

Will, you are the only one arguing here. 

Take out everyone else, insert your name in your post, and read your post to yourself. 

It would really help you.  I mean this sincerely. 

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Will, I am gonna try and ask this with tact...

Does your coping system involve pretending you are deaf, dumb, and blind?

That's not very nice. :lol:

Edited by Will Do

8 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Will, you are the only one arguing here. 

Take out everyone else, insert your name in your post, and read your post to yourself. 

It would really help you.  I mean this sincerely. 

There's nothing to be afraid of Sheri. There is no boogeyman lol.

14 minutes ago, Will Do said:

There's nothing to be afraid of Sheri. There is no boogeyman lol.

Will, again this about you, hun. 

Many of us have been you.

How can we help?

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Many of us have been you.

Sorry no. No you haven't lol. I have enough trouble being me. 

How can we help?

PM me and I'll give you my account number so you can send me money.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Will, again this about you, hun. 

See what I mean, you're arguing again lol.

30 minutes ago, Will Do said:

Sorry no. No you haven't lol. I have enough trouble being me. 

PM me and I'll give you my account number so you can send me money.

What are you needing not wanting to do vent, fight, get validated, or get real or connect?

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

What are you needing not wanting to do vent, fight, get validated, or get real or connect?

Looks like avoidance. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Looks like avoidance. 

Now that's a Freudian slip if I've ever heard one Xeno lol.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Will Do said:

Now that's a Freudian slip if I've ever heard one Xeno lol.

Quit trying to sound smart Will, you're not very good at it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1