Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Women kept her son confined for 30 years

Eldorado

A 70-year-old Swedish woman has been arrested in Stockholm for allegedly imprisoning her son for up to 30 years.

The unnamed man was toothless, unable to speak and had sores and other injuries, according to the Swedish press.

He was reportedly taken out of school at the age of 12.

Full story at the UK Independent: Link

• Sad 6

Man, when I was 12 and got grounded for the weekend I hated my parents.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

She denies charges of false imprisonment and grievous bodily harm, according to Ms Olsson.

He must have been a very, very bad boy.

Reminds me of a book I read a few years ago called A Child Called It. I would recommend everybody read that book if you want to an example of extreme child abuse. Once you read it you won't put it down and it will have you in tears by the time you finish.

• Like 2

On 12/1/2020 at 10:03 AM, OverSword said:

He must have been a very, very bad boy.

Or she is certifiably insane.  Imagine the mind set it would require to do something like this for 30 years.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scholar4Truth said:

Reminds me of a book I read a few years ago called A Child Called It. I would recommend everybody read that book if you want to an example of extreme child abuse. Once you read it you won't put it down and it will have you in tears by the time you finish.

This story reminds me of a plot twist in a movie called RADIO.  Ed Harris plays a high school football coach who takes an interest in a mentally deficient young guy who had no life beside walking the streets, pushing a cart.  He takes this young guy under his wing and gives him friendship.  At one point the coach's daughter is upset because he's paying more attention to this stranger than he gives to her.

By way of explaining to her why he's working to help the young man he shares a story about his childhood when he had a paper route.  He sees a boy about his own age being forced to live under the house...for years... and this coach knew about it but said nothing.  

• Like 2

Swedish prosecutors are dropping a case against a woman accused of imprisoning her son, saying there was no evidence he had been held against his will.

BBC report