Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

COVID19 stimulus package not likely by Xmas

Grim Reaper 6

(CNN). Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell on Thursday continued to reject the call from Democrats for a big coronavirus stimulus package, saying, "that's not a place I think we're willing to go" and reiterated his push for a bill that's "highly targeted at what the residual problems are." 

McConnell said of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Sen. Chuck Schumer, "I gather she and the Democratic leader in the Senate still are looking at something dramatically larger. That's not a place I think we're willing to go."

( NewsWeek ) Stimulus package relief before Xmas is not likely, GOP not enthusiastic about the Bill.

McConnell paid little attention to the new proposal and said he's more focused on discussions with the White House about what President Donald Trump would support. McConnell and other top Republicans were unmoved from their scaled-down $500 billion bill, which Democrats have already blocked twice. McConnell vowed to introduce a narrower proposal and proceeded to send GOP senators an even smaller $332 billion bill.

• Like 2

They've already gifted 3 trillion taxpayer dollars to the big players on Wall Street.  And look at the result, Dow going through the roof!

Everybody else can suffer, they're done helping out.

Isn't their concept of a "free" market hilarious!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, The Wistman said:

They've already gifted 3 trillion taxpayer dollars to the big players on Wall Street.  And look at the result, Dow going through the roof!

and that is a good thing,  companies stocks go up, they expand, hire more people,  socks up, people's 401k is up. dividends go up,  you seem to be totally unaware of stock market role in economy.  and ordinary people's lives, as well as of banking system , you assume, wrongfully, that dow index only affect rich corporate cats, you are dead wrong. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, The Wistman said:

I think their days are quickly becoming numbered, more then 100,000 more Americans will lose their unemployment benefits the day after Christmas!! This crap can only go on so much longer, before the American people have had enough. Sadly it's a proven fact that our Government Representatives do not care about the plight of the American people, they are too wrapped up in their Partisan Bickering, and they will not work together in a Bipartisan manner that will provide the support far too many Americans need Right Now.

Food banks around the country are being inundated by people looking to just feed their families and 60% plus have never sought this type of Government assistance before, while these scumbags sit on their fluffy little pillows in Washington DC!!:td: Who think that getting what they want is more important than the current situation that is occurring across our country!!  Do you remember the last time a major world power over looked their hungry masses? I think the Queen of that country said something to the effect ( Let them eat Cake ), well that attitude certainly did not work out very well for them!!!:yes:

Take Care my friend

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, aztek said:

and that is a good thing,  companies stocks go up, they expand, hire more people,  socks up, people's 401k is up. dividends go up,  you seem to be totally unaware of stock market role in economy.  and ordinary people's lives, as well as of banking system , you assume, wrongfully, that dow index only affect rich corporate cats, you are dead wrong. 

You are so deluded its unbelievable, the current gains in the Dow Jones Index is nothing but Smoke and Mirrors. The gains in the market will not last, it has only reached its current level because of cash infusions made by the US Treasury Department. This market is going to crash, and when it does  the average people you mentioned above are like always going to suffer and pay the bill with their savings so that the so called Rich Corporate RATS dont lose their money, and will most likely make Millions from the crash.

The Dow Jones was never designed to reach its current level, I mean what in the economy could account for these levels, especially when so many Americans are out of work do to Pandemic that basically has the world shut down. All I can say is wake up and smell the coffee, dude you currently suffering from sleep paralysis!!!!!!:no:

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

30 minutes ago, aztek said:

That doesn't help people who's jobs are on hold or who's company went bankrupt.  I agree though, they need a targeted package.  I got $1200 last time and I haven't missed a day of work.  

• Like 2

Didn’t Team Trump suggest something like this a few months ago but it was torpedoed by The Nancy Gang?

• Like 6

44 minutes ago, aztek said:

That is hilarious.  They don't invest their gains in an expanding labor force and haven't for some time now.  The only class of people who benefit is the investor class, and guess what, most citizens of the country don't count themselves as such.  Haven't you seen the numbers.

I'm quite familiar with the workings of Wall Street, thank you.  Your are the one who's wrong, and who's memory needs some oiling.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, The Wistman said:

That is hilarious.  They don't invest their gains in an expanding labor force and haven't for some time now.  The only class of people who benefit is the investor class, and guess what, most citizens of the country don't count themselves as such.  Haven't you seen the numbers.

I'm quite familiar with the workings of Wall Street, thank you.  Your are the one who's wrong, and who's memory needs some oiling.

Don't you have a 401k?  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Didn’t Team Trump suggest something like this a few months ago but it was torpedoed by The Nancy Gang?

Yes but the truth is there is no political will to do it now.  They got their votes, wall street is happy.  They know America has a very short memory and by the next time they need our vote this will be a distant memory.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Don't you have a 401k?  

Yes I do and recently put it all in a guaranteed fund, once Biden(or any Democrat in my lifetime) takes office 401k's will tank.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Absolutely.  The resistance was because Trump didn't want to bail out blue cities to cover their corruption.  If the Left can pass whatever they want, I doubt our nation remains solvent for more than a couple of years.  Creating TRILLIONS of dollars is going to be the coup de grace for us all.  

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

Don't you have a 401k?  

Yes I do and it has been doing quite well.  In fact, it did well under the last 5 years of Obama too.

Here is a thing about about economics though, whether a fortune 500 company or a mom and pop shop.  It is demand for goods and services that drives expansion, not a windfall profit.  Those get divided up between executives, stock buybacks and sometimes foreign accounts.  You only add capacity if you need it.  You only hire employees if you need them.

Trickle down has been a myth since Reagan, it is not the way business works.   Better would be give Oversword and a couple million other people who need money that $1200 that they can spend immediately and put right back into the economy..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, OverSword said:

That doesn't help people who's jobs are on hold or who's company went bankrupt.  I agree though, they need a targeted package.  I got $1200 last time and I haven't missed a day of work.  

As did I, but that was also the point of it.  We didn't use it to pay our bills, we injected back in to the economy.  Maybe you saved it, I'm not saying you didn't, but a major point of the $1200 was to spend it.

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

Yes I do and recently put it all in a guaranteed fund, once Biden(or any Democrat in my lifetime) takes office 401k's will tank.

You know old guy, if you did th e research, you would find the stock market and th eeconomy perform well under Democrats.  It is research you can check out for yourself.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

What's your thinking behind this?  I mean, would you agree that Obama is farther left than Biden?  How'd the stock market do under Obama?  The market did good under Obama and under Trump, and now with someone in office that sits between them politically, the market is going to tank?  I just don't understand the thinking behind this.  

Edited by Agent0range
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

What's your thinking behind this?  I mean, would you agree that Obama is farther left than Biden?  How'd the stock market do under Obama?  The market did good under Obama and under Trump, and now with someone in office that sits between them politically, the market is going to tank?  I just don't understand the thinking behind this.  

Under Obama my yearly gains were between -3 and 5%, under Trump they have averaged between 20 to 24%.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Under Obama my yearly gains were between -3 and 5%, under Trump they have averaged between 20 to 24%.

12/31/2019 23327.46 28538.44 5210.98 22.34%
12/31/2018 24719.22 23327.46 1391.76 -5.63%
12/31/2017 19762.6 24719.22 4956.62 25.08%
12/31/2016 17425.0293 19762.6 2337.5707 13.415%
12/31/2015 17823.07031 17425.0293 -398.04101 -2.233%
12/31/2014 16576.66016 17823.07031 1246.41016 7.519%
12/31/2013 13104.13965 16576.66016 3472.52051 26.499%
12/31/2012 12217.55957 13104.13965 886.580078 7.257%
12/31/2011 11577.50977 12217.55957 640.049804 5.528%
12/31/2010 10428.04981 11577.50977 1149.45996 11.023%
12/31/2009 8776.389648 10428.04981 1651.66016 18.819%

Weird...here is a table of annual percentage returns from the DOW.  Don't know how your math adds up.  Maybe it has to do with you impulsively moving your money around based on who is in office?  

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

As did I, but that was also the point of it.  We didn't use it to pay our bills, we injected back in to the economy.  Maybe you saved it, I'm not saying you didn't, but a major point of the $1200 was to spend it.

On what, toilet paper? :D

54 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Yes I do and it has been doing quite well.  In fact, it did well under the last 5 years of Obama too.

Here is a thing about about economics though, whether a fortune 500 company or a mom and pop shop.  It is demand for goods and services that drives expansion, not a windfall profit.  Those get divided up between executives, stock buybacks and sometimes foreign accounts.  You only add capacity if you need it.  You only hire employees if you need them.

Trickle down has been a myth since Reagan, it is not the way business works.   Better would be give Oversword and a couple million other people who need money that $1200 that they can spend immediately and put right back into the economy..

The reason I asked the guy I quoted that question was because he said he’s not an investor. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, OverSword said:

On what, toilet paper? :D

LOL, we order online from Sam's Club so we already had probably 200 rolls when that occurred.  But we did certainly spend the money.  We actually got our stimulus the week before our vacation, and we spent that plus some.  Injected it right in to the Myrtle Beach economy, like a good little citizen!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Wistman said:

"Gifted" as in giving loan interest loans that they have to pay back?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Agent0range said:

LOL, we order online from Sam's Club so we already had probably 200 rolls when that occurred.  But we did certainly spend the money.  We actually got our stimulus the week before our vacation, and we spent that plus some.  Injected it right in to the Myrtle Beach economy, like a good little citizen!

Here we locked down early and severely. There was nothing to spend money on but groceries. I did buy a guitar but I was going to do that anyway 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, OverSword said:

Trump worked overtime trying to get paycheck protection for Americans and the Dems blocked it several times.  They were demanding a Federal bailout of the cities they burned.  It was just another instance where they showed what their true priority was.  Take Trump down by any means necessary.  Their low info voters aren't even aware they're being thrown under the bus by the Left.  The Bad Orange Man will be the ultimate scapegoat for every failing of that party for many years.  

What's really cool is that he could form his own Party and run in 2024.  By that time, the nation will be desperately seeking a way out of the crushing Marxist repercussions. That's why they are already signaling that he has to go to prison.  He's going to be stuck in their throats for a very long time. :tu:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Better would be give Oversword and a couple million other people who need money that $1200 that they can spend immediately and put right back into the economy

Right... because everyone KNOWS that government can spend its way into prosperity.  

• Confused 1