Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Something good this year?

XenoFish

This year has sucked. No one can deny that. However I want to start a thread about something good that has happened this year. Please no politics.

What has changed for the better in your own life? 

For myself, I have learned that being a prepper doesn't make me crazy. It means I'm cautious.

I had time to build the shell of my new cabin.

Finally I've had a lot more personal time to get my headspace in order.

How about you? 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Xeno. Making a thread about positives. Truly he has turned a new leaf lol. :ph34r:

I kid I kid.

But some positives of this year, my GF got a new job that pays more and treats her better. 

I had a health problem I was pretty anxious about that improved alot.

Also, working at home and talking to people on the phone has been relaxing compared to when I have to talk to clients face to face in their homes. 

I'm so spoiled now that when Covid ends I might need to find a different job haha.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 2

A player from my local football club was signed to Barcelona earlier this year. He's recently started to play regularly and scoring goals. His name is Martin Braithwaite.

Edited by zep73
  • Like 1

My oldest sister is pregnant again after having IVF failure! Speaking of babies my boyfriend's sister is pregnant too! :D

Got into Youtube

New computer

Clearing my acne finally

Edited by Princess Serenity
  • Like 3

33 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

This year has sucked. No one can deny that. However I want to start a thread about something good that has happened this year. Please no politics.

What has changed for the better in your own life? 

For myself, I have learned that being a prepper doesn't make me crazy. It means I'm cautious.

Finally I've had a lot more personal time to get my headspace in order.

How about you? 

Great topic.  Sounds like you have made the best out of a very sucky year.  A good thing for me?  Well, that’s kinda tough.  I think I have become more patient, and thankful for the good parts of life that we get to enjoy.

• Like 2

And of course, who could forget.  I learned that toilet paper is a really important thing that many of us seem to have taken for granted in the past lol.

• Haha 2

Good for you Xeno.

I cannot say anything positive for it's the same old ball of wax for me, but the year ain't over yet.

Just wait till Covid 69 AKA Green Slime:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, XenoFish said:

You've built (or building) you're own cabin? wow

My wife, son and I all got covid back in April and recovered without hospitalization or long term health issues.

After our quarantine, we continued isolating for another 7 months as my industry was shut down (film/tv).  What an incredible gift, to have 7 months, every day all day long with my son and wife and our animal family!  I will never forget this prolonged time with my 14 year old son and my wife of 32 years.  Movies, music, games, long daily walks with my son and extended deep conversations about myriad topics.  All of these are invaluable and incredibly beneficial.  I brushed up on my Latin, delved deeper into acrylic and oil painting, finished my third book and devoted uncountable hours in internal reflection and exploration. 

Several awesome side projects with my son.  We now have a fully functional replica scale version of a DaVinci Catapult that will fire an almond about 45' with enough power to knock over a soda can and we have the prints and materials to make a replica to scale Drakkar Viking Longship model. (will have to wait as I'm back to work now)

And when work picked up, I was tagged to lead a team on a major Apple TV show, with the award winning team I had the joy of encountering three years ago and it looks like we have four more years of amazing scripts lined up after this one.

Gratitude and awareness of what we are grateful for, is the path of self generative contentment and love. 

What a great topic mate... well done and thank you!

• Like 3

Nice thread, X!

Without going into boring personal detail, my family life has been awesome.  Which makes up a bit for my job :D , but then I'm only having to work 4 days a week and it pays the bills..

I've also bitten the bullet on renovating my car, which at 18 years of age (owned from new), was starting to show a few rusty bits and fading paintwork on some panels.  I've learnt a lot (much from Edd Chyna!) about how to deal with minor bodywork issues and using filler and sanding tools - it's all in the prep...  Immodestly I gotta say the results are amazing, even though it was mostly done with rattle cans...  Every time I walk out to it, I feel that nice 'new car' feeling, even tho I only spent about $300 on the project.  And it's a really nice feeling to master something that up until now I had little prior experience with... 

• Like 1

My family and myself own a family business which is a mom and pop shop. Thankfully through all that has happened this year we haven't had to shut down and business has been good. So that's a silver lining.

Edited by Scholar4Truth
  • Like 2

The positive in my life this year was the LACK of my wife, daughter and myself to contract this virus.  I have 3 family members who contracted it and thankfully they did not need hospitalization.  Balanced against that, I lost a cousin on July 4th, the third of my male cousins to die at the age of 59 :(   Still, I am thankful for the blessings of life and health.

Edited by and then
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

Xeno. Making a thread about positives.

Too much negativity around here (in the world) and to be honest I'm tired of it. Got tired of being negative as well. So yeah, new life, new mindset. A better me. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Too much negativity around here (in the world) and to be honest I'm tired of it. Got tired of being negative as well. So yeah, new life, new mindset. A better me. 

I'm glad to hear it :tu:

With all the mask wearing, people have stopped abusing me like an employee in every store I go to :) It's nice to be treated and like any other customer by other customers, I haven't enjoyed it in years. Still get plenty of rude from other customers, but blissfully not treated like an employee. 

• Confused 1