Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Monoliths

To do list

one pops up another disappeared could it be aliens or those in the know trying to tell us something?

• Haha 6

No.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• This topic was locked and unlocked
4 hours ago, To do list said:

one pops up another disappeared could it be aliens or those in the know trying to tell us something?

Did you get some message from the monoliths that have popped up and then been taken down (by humans)?  Besides, I am not sure 9.5 ft on a 23 inch triangular base is actually a monolith.  Seem kind of small and flimsy to me.  It is barely even a structure (especially since it was so easy to take apart and haul off).

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 1

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/27/arts/design/john-mccracken-utah-monolith.html

The most simple explanation (and probably the correct one) is that McCracken planted one of these in Utah (was his dad's dream to have his work be found by people in remote locations), and then some sh*tty welder in Romania tried to replicate this stunt. Zero reason to suspect that this is anything but a terrestrial-based prank or stunt.

Edited by Nuclear Wessel
  • Like 3

51 minutes ago, astrobeing said:

A Banksy wannabe?

What does Banksy do?  Is that a UK thing?

This new stuff is just lazy... I like the cropscircles better, at least some of them are beautiful. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

Those monoliths don't look like art to me.  

Jackson Pollack is art? Its a drop cloth to me.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, the13bats said:

Jackson Pollack is art? Its a drop cloth to me.

Yep, just like the saw horse painted red in the special exhibit in the Albuquerque museum for some famous artist.  He had a whole room and he just put up a red saw horse.  Idiotic and insulting in my opinion.   Probably had gone back on his meds and had no energy.

• Like 2

On 12/3/2020 at 10:31 AM, To do list said:

Mystery of monoliths 'solved'

16 hours ago, Still Waters said:

Mystery of monoliths 'solved'

Yeah I know one of them thanks, nice commission job.

https://i.stuff.co.nz/travel/destinations/usa/300176049/monolith-mystery-solved-stunt-artists-seemingly-claim-responsibility-offer-to-sell-them-for-63k

I guess given the situation we've been in times call for desperate measures and he had to make his money somehow.

Edited by Scholar4Truth
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Scholar4Truth said:

https://i.stuff.co.nz/travel/destinations/usa/300176049/monolith-mystery-solved-stunt-artists-seemingly-claim-responsibility-offer-to-sell-them-for-63k

I guess given the situation we've been in times call for desperate measures and he had to make his money somehow.

I really see most artists as showmen, ive booked many art shows it boils down to they are earning a living and will do things to get attention and in turn make money to survive.

• Like 1