Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Still Waters

Third monolith found on California mountain

29 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Still Waters

A third metal monolith has been spotted - with the latest structure in California.

It follows the appearance of metallic structures in Utah and Romania.

This monolith was spotted at the top of a mountain in Atascadero, California.

Gary Lyons, who says he runs and hikes in the area every day, revealed he had found the object on Wednesday and that it had not been there the day before.

According to local reports, the monolith is around nine feet high (2.7m) - similar to the one in Utah.

https://news.sky.com/story/third-monolith-found-on-california-mountain-following-utah-and-romania-discoveries-12149697

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jethrofloyd

Monolith Mania!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pallidin

If I build one out of plywood, paint it silver, and place it at some odd location does that count? :ph34r:

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nnicolette

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nnicolette

.

129652018_706545563330078_6608105994488018258_n.jpg

  • Like 2
  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jethrofloyd

monolith-memes.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hazzard

Dont you wish that this wasnt just some bs art stunt, but the real deal...?

Edited by Hazzard
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56
2 hours ago, pallidin said:

If I build one out of plywood, paint it silver, and place it at some odd location does that count? :ph34r:

Only if you take it down two days later.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Seti42

This is getting fun. Just like the whole crop circle thing, but not as well done.

I do feel kind of bad for anyone who is a 'true believer', though. At least thinking these steel installations are from aliens is harmless, unlike Qanon...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DanL

If I had the stuff that I used to have before I retired I might have to make one and plant it. I think 1/8

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
docyabut2
10 hours ago, Still Waters said:

A third metal monolith has been spotted - with the latest structure in California.

It follows the appearance of metallic structures in Utah and Romania.

This monolith was spotted at the top of a mountain in Atascadero, California.

Gary Lyons, who says he runs and hikes in the area every day, revealed he had found the object on Wednesday and that it had not been there the day before.

According to local reports, the monolith is around nine feet high (2.7m) - similar to the one in Utah.

https://news.sky.com/story/third-monolith-found-on-california-mountain-following-utah-and-romania-discoveries-12149697

we know its all art  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ercbreeze

There will be more--what else is there to do during the Covid 19 pandemic?  ;-)

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
qxcontinuum

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mars_monolith

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phobos_monolith

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jeem
3 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

we know its all art  :)

I believe it is a publicity stunt for upcoming space odyssey film or series 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Skulduggery

Meh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Eldorado

The new California monolith was torn down overnight by a group of right-wing young men who livestreamed their vandalism in a grainy video posted on the blockchain streaming site DLive.

“Christ is king in this country. We don’t want illegal aliens from Mexico or outer space,” a man in the video says.

Vice magazine

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jethrofloyd

Fourth monolith appears in Texas

https://www.boston25news.com/news/trending/fourth-monolith-appears-texas/7PBLRS44FFBDPDW6JFGGIHIBPY/

SAN ANTONIO — As soon as one mysterious monolith appears, it seems to vanish and another is found. The latest copycat structure showed up Thursday night in San Antonio, Texas.

Unlike the previous metal monoliths, this version is wooden and painted silver and was set up outside of Canopener Labs, a business near the San Antonio Airport, KSAT reported.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Trelane

Monolith? No, just a smuggler with a bounty on his head.

129953661_2268946019916741_6805772454642314385_n.jpg

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
susieice

There's one in Austin too.

https://6abc.com/society/monolith-pops-up-at-this-texas-college-campus/8504443/?fbclid=IwAR1h78okHugyFp4_rXn2AATI0EVhgw9Y-TCY_HN7R9723CYctAvCPudNjy8

Even the hippos at the San Antonio Zoo have one. Alas, it's just photoshopped. The zoo did post it on it's social media pages.

https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local/article/One-of-the-mysterious-monoliths-has-now-made-its-15776324.php

 

Edited by susieice
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish

I'll only take these monoliths serious if one pops up somewhere deep in Antarctica. In a place where no one can safely make it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joc
On 12/3/2020 at 5:13 PM, Seti42 said:

This is getting fun. Just like the whole crop circle thing, but not as well done.

I do feel kind of bad for anyone who is a 'true believer', though. At least thinking these steel installations are from aliens is harmless, unlike Qanon...

Obviously you haven't been abducted and don't know what these aliens secret plans are....once they probe your brain you know what they know and it all comes very clear what their end game is!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joc
On 12/3/2020 at 8:53 AM, Still Waters said:

Gary Lyons, who says he runs and hikes in the area every day, revealed he had found the object on Wednesday and that it had not been there the day before.

Seriously...he runs and hikes the top of a mountain every day?   wow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Timothy
2 hours ago, joc said:

Obviously you haven't been abducted and don't know what these aliens secret plans are....once they probe your brain you know what they know and it all comes very clear what their end game is!  

Lol. Okay doomer.

2 hours ago, joc said:

Seriously...he runs and hikes the top of a mountain every day?   wow

*in the area.

—————
Also, don’t know if this is legit, but:

Stunt artists claim responsibility for viral marketing strategy of disappearing monoliths

The monolith mystery seems to be “solved” as a group of stunt artists are taking responsibility and claim to sell them for $60,596 each.

‘Over the last 24 hours, the artists, who go by the name The Most Famous Artist, have been posting up photos and clues on their Instagram account that detail the making of the monoliths.’

$60,596 seems a bit steep for the crappy craftsmanship IMO...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jethrofloyd

Mystery of monoliths 'solved' as artists claim responsibility - and sell them for £35,500

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/mystery-monoliths-solved-artists-claim-23118306

The appearance of metal monoliths in both the US and Europe fuelled speculation among conspiracy theorists and Sci-fi lovers that they came from aliens - but they have now been claimed by The Most Famous Artist

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joc
9 hours ago, Timothy said:

$60,596 seems a bit steep for the crappy craftsmanship IMO...

well...they do have to cover the costs of the helicopter...those ain't cheap

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.