Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Tarot readings for you here

Peggy aka Moonchaser

Tarot for Healing..jpgSo, with the help of an Administrator I have come to a resolution for my image upload situation.  The KB level is not accumulative but rather per photo.  I need to adapt my images to be a lower file size.  Yea!  Now I can go back to doing readings for any and all.  Thanks for your patience whilst I worked this out!

Edited by Peggy aka Moonchaser
to add a message with the image.

2 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Tarot is a card game that was repurposed for "divination". 

@XenoFish  Actually, you have it backwords.  Tarot was created and evolved in the 16th and 17th centuries during the Enlightenment period that followed the Dark Ages in what were called Mystery Schools.  It was after the Church (and eventually, the Inquisition) replaced the Roman Empire as the most powerful institution in the world at that time.  The Tarot was introduced as a GAME to Hide it in Plain Sight.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Peggy aka Moonchaser said:

This is where I use my alchemy tools, of which Tarot is one.  In wanting to align with the work of Spirit I asked for a clear purpose in my Tarot reading, a focus if you will.  I was naturally blessed almost immediately with the answer.   In the meta-physical community healing is talked about a lot.  Healing parts, healing modalities, healing the whole, healing what hurts.  I have always been and remain a very healthy person.  My health has prolly been my longest running intentional manifestation.  So I kind of looked at this abstract concept as would Alice through The Looking Glass/Mirror!  And then, I was immediately, as if I had ordered it yesterday from Amazon, gifted (purchased) a book by Christine Jette, a very rare book at that, titled Tarot For The Healing Heart (2001).   I was already a huge fan of hers from the book she authored called Tarot Shadow Work also 2001 , of which I still own my tattered copy.  From this Springboard, I am going to post for any of you interested, how we can use Tarot to see ourselves more clearly and what exactly it is that needs to be healed in our lives;  how to heal this, that, or the other thing, by working through the shadow aspects of our myriad natures.  

Let's start with an example;  The Knight of Swords, a card near and dear to my heart.   Here we have a Knight flying at break neck speed to champion his cause., even the horse is like, terrified.  The sword raised in his hand represents the suit energy of Air.  Air is our thinking self.   It is his THINKING that his is the righteous cause.  So this card could be about taking action without advice or assistance of others, unilaterally deciding, and charging, perhaps taking control over a situation, without perhaps actually considering others, or what the consequences might be. 

So what might be some shadow sides to the Knight of Swords

~My Way or the Highway.     ~Overwhelming others.      ~Rush in to help where help is not wanted or help that may make others feel less than.     ~Consequences to poorly thought out actions, impulsiveness.     ~Lacking a Plan B.       ~Riding on a high-horse ego.     ~Perhaps trampling others in my haste.

So we had a little bit of a discussion brought by LightAngel who asked about white lies without a lot of context.  I'm not sure the connection the she made to White Lies and Tarot.  I'm thinking maybe she is talking about how does a reader address the shadow side of people.  Perhaps, she may think the reader is softening an otherwise harsh truth.  Two things are at hand that influences what needs to be said, (1) The surrounding cards and their placement and (2) dialogue.  Dialogue during a reading with a person sitting across from you can be extraordinarily helpful.  Some people think the point of Tarot is to prove or disprove psychic ability.  This would be an incorrect understanding and usage of Tarot.  A better use of Tarot would be to use it to take off your own blinders.  To bring to the surface what really matters and to illuminate life lessons and potential out comes.   Once upon a time I embodied this Knight of Swords on the shadow side of things.  Having learned, I was able to not repeat a pattern of mine that often had very negative outcomes.  

More examples to come.  If anyone would like to volunteer for a intentional shadow reading I will do my best to accommodate you.  warmest regards, ~Moonchaser.

Tarot for Healing..jpg

To change a photo
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Peggy aka Moonchaser said:

132075712_10218648174582700_7964987747186592040_n.jpg

Your good. Well done. The metal he is wearing can symbolize mental rigidity, or can’t get out of their head, common issue in early meditation, the clouds appear to be rushing by as in can’t make decision or lost in subjective reality. Brashness comes to mind, maybe not comfortable with it. Etc etc.

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Sherapy said:

Your good. Well done. 

Thank you @Sherapy  I dear friend of mine told me a long time ago that this card, the Knight of Swords, is a photo of me in action!  I had a habit of zoom zoom and having recognized the shadow side of this activity I was able to reel my self in from repeating it.  First we have to see the pattern before we can change it!

• Like 1

On 12/18/2020 at 9:06 PM, joc said:

So there in is the detail.  white lies are not really needed to maintain a civil society.  We have freedom of speech...we also have freedom of silence.  The knowledge of when to speak and when to remain silent is an acquired art form of sorts...or perhaps...it speaks to the empathy one has. Either way...when your honey says, Do you think these pants make my butt look big?  Maybe silence isn't the answer she was looking for...maybe, the compassionate truth... I love  your butt, whether your wearing pants or not. :)

I still  have NEVER met a woman who would ask a man such a stupid  question unless she is looking for a reason to be angry or hurt.  Your response is the right one, silence.  Have you ever really been asked that question?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Peggy aka Moonchaser said:

Thank you @Sherapy  I dear friend of mine told me a long time ago that this card, the Knight of Swords, is a photo of me in action!  I had a habit of zoom zoom and having recognized the shadow side of this activity I was able to reel my self in from repeating it.  First we have to see the pattern before we can change it!

I added my two cents too from my understandings I hope that is okay.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

I still  have NEVER met a woman who would ask a man such a stupid  question unless she is looking for a reason to be angry or hurt.  Your response is the right one, silence.  Have you ever really been asked that question?

Not necessarily Dee, I would ask my husband because I would want his feedback that my butt does looks great and he will give me the truth. Lol 

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Peggy aka Moonchaser said:

I think the tarot is a fun way (light ) to begin the journey of self awareness. But, it’s not unlike therapy many are looking for systemic relief not the hard work and challenges of looking deep. 

I love your insights what a fun thread.

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So, I read for @joc first on this thread.  And you, @joc have agreed to have a second reading.  Are you good with a intentional Shadow-side reading?  Let me Know.  

In the meantime, let's look at another card's shadow side. Please chime in to add your own thoughts on the shadow potential in this chosen card.  Would any one care to suggest a card???

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Not necessarily Dee, I would ask my husband because I would want his feedback that my butt does looks great and he will give me the truth. Lol 

That just seems dishonest to me.  Ask the question you want answered, not some round about hint because men do not get hints, most women do not get hints, and when they do they get them wrong.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Peggy aka Moonchaser said:

So, I read for @joc first on this thread.  And you, @joc have agreed to have a second reading.  Are you good with a intentional Shadow-side reading?  Let me Know.  

In the meantime, let's look at another card's shadow side. Please chime in to add your own thoughts on the shadow potential in this chosen card.  Would any one care to suggest a card???

Hell yeah! 

I would love it. 

2 minutes ago, Peggy aka Moonchaser said:

The towern is one I think would be good to discuss.

P.S. Death and the Hanged man would be good too as those seem to confuse people the most.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

That just seems dishonest to me.  Ask the question you want answered, not some round about hint because men do not get hints, most women do not get hints, and when they do they get them wrong.  

I would ask Sean, my hubby how does my butt look in my lulu lemons versus my Alo’s. He will tell me. I am missing the dishonest part. 

I actually like the directness of men. 

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

P.S. Death and the Hanged man would be good too as those seem to confuse people the most.

My three favorite cards and a great suggestion. 

I have known readers who take these cards out due to the fear they invoke.

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 1

Just now, Sherapy said:

I would ask Sean, my hubby how does my butt look in my lulu lemons versus my Alo’s. He will tell me. I am missing the dishonest part. 

That's because you are using a straight forward question.  It is not the same as "Does my butt look big in ..."  If you don't have much butt there is no reason to ask that, if you know you have a big butt (which is not a bad thing) there is no reason to ask that.   I think your question is honest, but still not really direct, unless you are trying to decide which pair of pants to get rid of.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

That's because you are using a straight forward question.  It is not the same as "Does my butt look big in ..."  If you don't have much butt there is no reason to ask that, if you know you have a big butt (which is not a bad thing) there is no reason to ask that.   I think your question is honest, but still not really direct, unless you are trying to decide which pair of pants to get rid of.

Aww, I see what you are saying. My question is more which brand to buy that flatters my butt. You do have a point too. Thanks for the clarity. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Peggy aka Moonchaser said:

This card I would love to explore with you. “Cosmic Tarot” Norbert Losche

AFE9F010-C81E-4E28-96DA-1C8101D8B4CA.jpeg

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Aww, I see what you are saying. My question is more which brand to buy that flatters my butt. You do have a point too. Thanks for the clarity. 

Oh, your husband goes shopping with you.  Cool.  That makes more sense.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Desertrat56 said:

Oh, your husband goes shopping with you.  Cool.  That makes more sense.

Yes. :wub: I can count on his honest feedback.

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

So all 3 of these cards are the Tower.

The Tower, #16, is prolly the easiest to view from the Shadow-Side.  lol

Before we begin consider the difference between the Major Arcana and the suits, or minor Arcana.  The Major Arcana represents Archetypes (stereo-types that we all know and love!  HaHa.  For example is I say Vampire, you have all kinds of references in your mind.  A Vampire Archetype can be applied to your actual life by recognizing when certain people behave in such a way that you feel they drain the life blood right out of you.  Do you see?  Whereas, in the suits you have daily mundane behaviors that effect  your current circumstances.  ie the Knight of Swords.  So keep that difference in mind as we consider the Archetypal Tower card.  Obviously it means everything has gone to ****.  We have fire, crowns, a king and a queen, and yods (those little yellow fire-like whisps, 12 on one side 10 on the other), and LIGHTENING!

While I am recognizing the Shadow Side I can still put it into a positive frame:  Something in your world has crashed and burned.  You may be in Denial and therefore resist the reality you are facing.  This is especially true when you are seriously attached to what has come apart at the seams.  It could be a relationship, something at work or school, or something in the World at large that effects YOU! (Discerning specifics on this will come from other cards in the reading and their PLACEMENT.  

The #16 is a 7, and seven is a very mystic and spiritual path.  The details may be in the minor arcana cards that fall in the reading to speak to the specifics of one's own involvement, ie Cause and Effect.  When something this catastrophic happens, it reverberates through every aspect of your life.  Here is how, this card could be applied providing a positive outlook to an awful experience.  When people loose everything they own they are presented with a blank slate.  They will study the very concept of attachments.  They will gain new perspectives and realities in life that otherwise would not open to their psyche.  Such experiences force growth.  On the Shadow Side; You may dive headlong into Victim Mentality, along with "It just isn't FAIR!"  It's not my fault (excuses flood in).  I say you must have been worthy of this wake up call!

Does anybody have thoughts to add or substract here?  ~Moon

132328225_10218653209828578_5014180659711202761_n.jpg

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Peggy aka Moonchaser said:

So all 3 of these cards are the Tower.

The Tower, #16, is prolly the easiest to view from the Shadow-Side.  lol

Before we begin consider the difference between the Major Arcana and the suits, or minor Arcana.  The Major Arcana represents Archetypes (stereo-types that we all know and love!  HaHa.  For example is I say Vampire, you have all kinds of references in your mind.  A Vampire Archetype can be applied to your actual life by recognizing when certain people behave in such a way that you feel they drain the life blood right out of you.  Do you see?  Whereas, in the suits you have daily mundane behaviors that effect  your current circumstances.  ie the Knight of Swords.  So keep that difference in mind as we consider the Archetypal Tower card.  Obviously it means everything has gone to ****.  We have fire, crowns, a king and a queen, and yods (those little yellow fire-like whisps, 12 on one side 10 on the other), and LIGHTENING!

While I am recognizing the Shadow Side I can still put it into a positive frame:  Something in your world has crashed and burned.  You may be in Denial and therefore resist the reality you are facing.  This is especially true when you are seriously attached to what has come apart at the seams.  It could be a relationship, something at work or school, or something in the World at large that effects YOU! (Discerning specifics on this will come from other cards in the reading and their PLACEMENT.  

The #16 is a 7, and seven is a very mystic and spiritual path.  The details may be in the minor arcana cards that fall in the reading to speak to the specifics of one's own involvement, ie Cause and Effect.  When something this catastrophic happens, it reverberates through every aspect of your life.  Here is how, this card could be applied providing a positive outlook to an awful experience.  When people loose everything they own they are presented with a blank slate.  They will study the very concept of attachments.  They will gain new perspectives and realities in life that otherwise would not open to their psyche.  Such experiences force growth.  On the Shadow Side; You may dive headlong into Victim Mentality, along with "It just isn't FAIR!"  It's not my fault (excuses flood in).  I say you must have been worthy of this wake up call!

Does anybody have thoughts to add or substract here?  ~Moon

132328225_10218653209828578_5014180659711202761_n.jpg

If I see the tower it offers an opportunity to lift the veil of denial and grow in no uncertain terms. It will not be easy and it will shatter existing perceptions, as whatever one is doing or believes is no longer working or is shattering and it is an attention getter in a symbolic sense, or  a trigger in the emotional sense that grows to a point that it has to be dealt with typically a toxic element or way of using a defense mechanism that is causing more grief then relief, it shows itself be the problem getting worse due to avoidance, it can mean feet to the  fire or getting in way over your head, high stress and an inability to cope. Yet, it is also transformational in a profound sense. Pointing to healing depending on the surrounding cards and I would use the word freeing in some cases, but not easy. 

Just my two cents. 

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Sherapy said:

If I see the tower it offers an opportunity to lift the veil of denial and grow in no uncertain terms. It will not be easy and it will shatter existing perceptions, as whatever one is doing or believes is no longer working or is shattering and it is an attention getter in a symbolic sense, or  a trigger in the emotional sense that grows to a point that it has to be dealt with typically a toxic element or way of using a defense mechanism that is causing more grief then relief, it shows itself be the problem getting worse due to avoidance, it can mean feet to the  fire or getting in way over your head, high stress and an inability to cope. Yet, it is also transformational in a profound sense. Pointing to healing depending on the surrounding cards and I would use the word freeing.

Just my two cents. 

Great perspective!!!  For people who have a lot of Fire in their nature this could well be a Trigger that has caused them to implode.  At its most escalated it can be a relationship on the rocks (literally) secondary to Domestic Violence.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Peggy aka Moonchaser said:

Great perspective!!!  For people who have a lot of Fire in their nature this could well be a Trigger that has caused them to implode.  At its most escalated it can be a relationship on the rocks (literally) secondary to Domestic Violence.  

Yep, or an issue swept under the carpet or just tolerated as opposed to addressing. It can be having boundaries that are to rigid to overcompensate for deeper issues or trauma’s that are unresolved. Often we are so busy with our lives we don’t always have  the luxury of time to deal with our traumas so we do the best we can to cope, till we just can’t anymore and here comes the wake up call of the tower. Just my two cents, thanks for letting me share. 

• Like 1

It seems to me that the OP has invested considerable emotional wealth in what others might perceive as an amusing or even farcical hobby. i make no such judgment as I glean pleasure from the joy she expresses on the topic. I had a similar experience in my youth with the I Ching school of divination. OP, I hope you continue, as I find your thread quite refreshing and a pleasure to read.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1