Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

China stakes claim to quantum supremacy

Eldorado

The team established a quantum computer prototype, named "Jiuzhang," via which up to 76 photons were detected. The study was published in Science magazine online.

With this achievement, China has reached the first milestone on the path to full-scale quantum computing – a quantum computational advantage, also known as "quantum supremacy," which indicates an overwhelming quantum computational speedup.

No traditional computer can perform the same task in a reasonable amount of time, and the speedup is unlikely to be overturned by classical algorithmic or hardware improvements, according to the team.

Full report at CGTN (China): Link

At Wired tech magazine: Link

"Quantum computational advantage using photons": Science Mag

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I don't care who gets there first. Let's get it done finally lol.

I thought Los Alamos labs had been using this technology for over 10 years.  Maybe they were only experimenting.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, clare256 said:

So who did China steal this from :whistle:

I'm sure the CCPs economic policy of "force technology transferance" of foreign companies helps lol.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 2

And what will be the purpose I wonder... what branch of industry or profession can require such speeds that now are not satisfactory with the current speed ?