Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

When is it ok?!

4dplane

Is it ever ok to use a nuke on another country?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Is it ever ok to use a nuke on another country?

• It would never be ok.
    • It would be ok if ?

When is it ok to use a nuke on another country? Any size big or small, is it ever ok? In what case scenario would you feel justified in using a nuke on another country?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• aquatus1

• Kismit

• Stellar

• star_child

Top Posters In This Topic

if they initiate nuclear warfare first

great rule of thumb:)

i guess the idea is that if they want to wipe us off the face of the earth, we'll return the favor and/or make sure there isn't much earth left for them in the end:P

It's never ok.

The fallout kills everything and leaves the affected land uninhabitable for all kinds of life, not just humans, for a century.

and also the fact of the earths prevailing wind pattern, sheds a lot more radioactive waste further than just the area that has been bombed

there never is a good reason

I agree with Bathory...for once...

It is a last resort. If a nuclear country decides that they are going to strike first, about the only thing you can do is to nuke their nuclear facilities in order to keep as many missles from being launched as possible. I would only attack military targets, I would never go for population centers; just strictly military targets that would minimize the attack and damage on our side.

I think that having nukes are deterent enough to make it a non issue...

And I really like the idea of not using nuclear weapons at all. Never, ever, ever. In fact I would really like to see a return to stick and rock throwing.

And I really like the idea of not using nuclear weapons at all. Never, ever, ever. In fact I would really like to see a return to stick and rock throwing.

491104[/snapback]

I like swords and lances, like medieval knights original.gif

To answer the question, I also agree with bathory. To think that the only punishment a country that has just nuked us would be that the winds carry the radiation back to them isn't enough. Nuke 'em back! I think using nukes as a counterstrike against a nuclear attack on you is the only valid reason for using them.

When you have went through all diplomatic chanells and have the backing from most of the worlds leaders....those leaders with NUKS

The only reason I can think to use a nuke would be against a biological agent, not a people. A nuke is limited in the damage that it does, whereas a biological agent has a good chance of spreading globally.

When reffering to nukes, please firts open a book about Hiroshima and Nagashaki and then post your opinions.

There was a reason why no one else has used nukes on people ever since and those 2 cities are the reason.

Also notice that it is always a taboo subject for Hollywood as we have never seen a movie about Hiroshima or Nagashaki. Have you ever thought why? Apart from the fact that it would be amazingly gruesome (the actual facts far exceed the scariest scenes ever recorded in cinema...) it is obvious that there is an enormous amount of guilt involved. All other incidents of all wars have been filmed, except this one, which is of course the greatest war-moment in human history.

So, there is absolutely no way a human should ever again even think of using a nuke, for any reason at all. And, personally I don't think anyone will ever do again.

If we get invaded from aliens.....hell, nuke the b*******!!! original.gif

When reffering to nukes, please firts open a book about Hiroshima and Nagashaki and then post your opinions.

There was a reason why no one else has used nukes on people ever since and those 2 cities are the reason.

Also notice that it is always a taboo subject for Hollywood as we have never seen a movie about Hiroshima or Nagashaki. Have you ever thought why? Apart from the fact that it would be amazingly gruesome (the actual facts far exceed the scariest scenes ever recorded in cinema...) it is obvious that there is an enormous amount of guilt involved. All other incidents of all wars have been filmed, except this one, which is of course the greatest war-moment in human history.

So, there is absolutely no way a human should ever again even think of using a nuke, for any reason at all. And, personally I don't think anyone will ever do again.

If we get invaded from aliens.....hell, nuke the b*******!!! original.gif

491226[/snapback]

I dont think in my life time i will see another Hir or Nag,i hope not ,they have been a good deterent since then

About the aliens,who`s to say they aren`t all ready here,they could be the ones who have the fingers on the buttons

Never.

Without reason, its called 'Terrorism'

Without a valid reason, its called 'War'.

To me, they are the same things. MURDER

Edited by star_child

same applies to biological weapons. If you use those against nukes, then it is war. right?

How could you use a biological weapon against a nuke? The tremendous heat from a nuclear blast would eradicate any biological agent, but a biological agent wouldn't stop a nuclear reaction.

Ultimately, would the eradication of a harmful biological agent be considered a valid reason to use a nuclear weapon?

Edited by aquatus1

I didn't mean that, sorry! I meant if someone used a nuke and another guy used a biological one (like you said, nukes stop the bio) there would still be death. I dont know that much about weapons, but retaliation is war.

Sorry if I'm wrong dude, but any violence is evil.

Here are two people that support the use of nuclear weapons. Scary they feel the other is evil, because what does one do to evil – they nuke it.

Bush administration

http://www.physicstoday.org/vol-56/iss-11/p32.html

Osama

http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/252390p-215993c.html

Edited by 4dplane

Sorry if I'm wrong dude, but any violence is evil.

A little simplistic, I think.

Violence, like a nuke, is a weapon. Weapons can be used to protect or destroy. Evil isn't an inherent part of them. Only Fear. The only place where evil resides in in humanity.

So, given that, if you have the opportunity to save the lives of innocents through the use of violence against those who wish to kill them, but refuse to do so and allow the innocents to be killed, would that be good or evil?

to blow apart that asteroid before it hits the earth... to break a fault line over by california so the rest doesn't fall in the ocean or something like that on that movie

Well, tactical nukes, quite ironically, can be lifesaving. Think about it. An island the size and stretegic importance of Saipan or Tarawa Atoll... You're going to have to remove it from the enemy, which means killing all the enemy. No cities or anything, purely a military base. In order to take it conventionally, you may loose thousands of allied soldiers...

Or you can use a nuke.

The result? Enemy is dead in both cases... But a thousand allied soldiers are dead in one of them also.

Nukes should have never been invented as far as i am concerned. I dont see the point in them. I come up with a theory that could solve all wars and loss of soldiers lives but it will never happen cus ppl r evil and love violence and fighting. Anyways i think that the leaders of countries fighting or having issues should be locked in a room together and forced to either come up with a compromise or kill eachother. I think that would work so much better than sending ppl's children to go fight over stupid crap that really has nothing to do with them.

tongue.gif Very good idea ajagsfairy...lets put all the leaders of the world in one room and let them duke it out. Leave the rest of us out of it. thumbsup.gif

Yeah, because, you know, if Bush got his buttocks handed to him by Hussein and handed over the keys to America, I wouldn't have a problem with that!

Kim Jong Il would love that idea

he looks like he could go crazy, or crazier, then beat them all up and rule the world

great plan thumbsup.gif