Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Federal Judge orders that DACA be restored!!

Grim Reaper 6

U.S. District Court Judge Nicholas Garaufis issued an order Friday directing the Department of Homeland Security to announce by Monday that it is resuming the approval of new DACA applications and work permits. The judge also ordered DHS to return to its prior practice of granting and extending DACA status for two years at a time.

The Supreme Court ruled, 5-4, in June that the Trump administration’s 2017 decision to wind down DACA was legally flawed. The ruling did not foreclose the possibility of President Donald Trump’s appointees ending the program, but faulted officials for failing to take account of relevant factors when seeking to shut the program down three years ago.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/judge-orders-trump-administration-to-restore-daca/ar-BB1bE4i2

• Like 5

I believe we will see more and more of trumps agendas motivated by hate and division dropped

• Like 3

On 12/5/2020 at 12:31 PM, the13bats said:

I believe we will see more and more of trumps agendas motivated by hate and division dropped

that's usa down the ****ta then. :0

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 12/6/2020 at 12:12 AM, To do list said:

Not soon, though.  Those on the Left who think they've won this election are apt to get a REAL wakeup before long.  At BEST all they'll accomplish is mass civil disobedience.  

• Like 1

On 12/5/2020 at 11:12 PM, To do list said:

What's your problem?  Don't you live down under?

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

What's your problem?  Don't you live down under?

No problem maaate 

Edited by To do list

So... Obama CREATED law by Executive order, and Trump tried to end it the same way, but the Judiciary decided it should then create law?

Interesting...

I get it... A lot of people got helped with the program, but Trump is the President so....

I suspect this is just another activist judge who'll basically be ignored.

• Like 1

Yeah.. right.. a district court in New York with an Obama appointee judge. We've seen LOTS of these courts trying to strike down Donald Trumps executive orders, only for their judgements to be reversed on appeal to the supreme court. 

It is difficult to avoid the conclusion that this is just another poltical judgement. If Trump was still in power, he would no doubt refer this decision to the Supremes. With Biden in control, who can say ? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, To do list said:

No problem maaate 

Right, you are a troll then? Making cryptic nonsensical statements.  

On 12/10/2020 at 10:15 PM, Desertrat56 said:

Right, you are a troll then? Making cryptic nonsensical statements.  

Now your being silly.

• Haha 1