Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Havana Syndrome---Focused microwave energy

Grim Reaper 6

The mysterious neurological symptoms experienced by American diplomats in China and Cuba are consistent with the effects of directed microwave energy, according to a long-awaited report by the National Academies of Sciences that cites medical evidence to support the long-held conviction of American intelligence officials.

Many reported hearing a loud sound and feeling pressure in their heads, and then experienced dizziness, unsteady gait and visual disturbances. Many suffered longstanding, debilitating effects. The committee felt that many of the distinctive and acute signs, symptoms and observations reported by (government) employees are consistent with the effects of directed, pulsed radio frequency (RF) energy,” the report says. https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/havana-syndrome-likely-caused-by-microwave-energy-government-study-finds/ar-BB1bE7Va

He was a senior CIA official tasked with getting tough on Russia. Then, one night in Moscow, Marc Polymeropoulos's life changed forever. He says he was hit with a mysterious weapon, joining dozens of American diplomats and spies who believe they’ve been targeted with this secret device all over the world—and even at home, on U.S. soil. Now, as a CIA investigation points the blame at Russia, the victims are left wondering why so little is being done by the Trump administration.  https://www.gq.com/story/cia-investigation-and-russian-microwave-attacks

The suspicion that Russia is likely behind the alleged attacks is backed up by evidence from communications intercepts, known in the spy world as signals intelligence, amassed during a lengthy and ongoing investigation involving the FBI, the CIA and other U.S. agencies. The officials declined to elaborate on the nature of the intelligence. https://www.nbcnews.com/news/latin-america/u-s-officials-suspect-russia-mystery-attacks-diplomats-cuba-china-n908141

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 3

Im not saying that isnt all balls on but why use a device that didnt kill didnt even fully incapacitate when if they wanted to get rid of certain people they have ways that wouldnt been questioned.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Im not saying that isnt all balls on but why use a device that didnt kill didnt even fully incapacitate when if they wanted to get rid of certain people they have ways that wouldnt been questioned.

Well actually your right they don't kill, but in many cases they do cause permanent issues. Many of the people have suffered permenat Brian Damage, everything from memory loss, to vision problems and many other brain related issues. These weapons were developed for the Battle Field, they were designed to incapacitate and depending upon the exposure even kill enemy soldiers. Like the article says it is believed that Russia was behind this, and most likely it was a test to fine tune  smaller versions of the battle field weapons, maybe something about the size of should fired rocket launcher. 

The US also has developed these kind of weapons, for both land and ship mounted for sea. Remember, these weapons like a microwave cook from the inside out, so basically, people that have been targeted have their brains cooked again depending upon the exposure.

Take Care my friend

• Like 1

It sounds like a plausible real world test of a weapon system's potentials to me.

Not a scenario where one is testing lethality, but focusing on a weapon's efficacy at varying ranges and intensities.

It's a terrifying weapon and what a sadly horrifying mind it must have taken to have conceived such...

I'm imagining the potency of a weapon that the victim can not even be aware of, while being damaged by it...

Another reminder for me that cleverness is not the be all and end all of progress and benefit...  ingenuity unchecked by wisdom and compassion is a double edged process... equal parts blessing and curse. In this case, as it relates to the ingenuity to create this tool of violence, it's nauseating and deeply saddening to me.

• Thanks 1

I've never been sure about this story.

Surely, focused RF at microwave wavelengths would heat you up well before it does any permanent damage.

If it was strong enough, it would boil your eyeballs!  Not exactly a clandestine weapon.

• Like 2

Apparently CNN jumped on that bandwagon I wonder if they'll update or retract https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/05/health/head-injuries-us-diplomats-government-study/index.html

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/5/2020 at 10:24 PM, seanjo said:

I understand why you assume, I made the mistake of posting an article from 2018 and your article /  link is newer it is from 2019. However, I had recently just watched this on the news late last month or earlier this month, I don't know where I got the old article from totally my bag!!

However, I don't believe it has been debunked at all, It appears that on the contrary it is now the main theory being used to explain what happened. Below are a few links that support my earlier comments, sorry for the earlier confusion, I should have used a better link?

https://thediplomat.com/2020/12/diplomats-in-china-and-cuba-plausibly-targeted-by-microwaves-us-report/

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/american-diplomats-in-cuba-were-likely-targeted-by-microwave-energy-study-finds/

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-55203844

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/all/havana-syndrome-likely-caused-microwave-energy-government-study-finds-n1250094

Thanks for your comments my friend, sorry for the disconnect.

On 12/7/2020 at 5:18 PM, Scholar4Truth said:

Apparently CNN jumped on that bandwagon I wonder if they'll update or retract https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/05/health/head-injuries-us-diplomats-government-study/index.html

I suspect they will do neither, I am not certain they want the public to know for certain theses weapons exist. However, I personally saw a hand held weapons demonstration of one of these weapons that was being test in the United States in 1999, while I was still on Active Duty in the Army. The weapons test was conducted using live creatures at different ranges, along with different types of cover materials. This tests was conducted starting at 250 meters and ending at 2000 meters, and at the time these tests were conducted they were very effective out to 2000 meters. 

So like I said above I don't think they wish to cause panic among Americas Civilian population. If people were aware that these weapons do exist without any doubt, it could cause a panic. Some people who just had bad headaches suddenly for no known reason may assume they were attacked with a weapon like this when in reality a weapon like this was never used. Over a year ago when I first saw on the news that Embassy officials in Cuba and other locations had suffered injuries to their Brain, the test I witnessed in 1999 came right mind.

I retired from the Army in 2003, and after the test I witnessed in 1999 was done, that was the last time I heard about it. Until these attacks occurred I had even thought about for almost 17 years, but now I am personally convinced these attacks were carried out with either high intensity radio waves which are actually a form of Microwave depending upon the intensity/ Frequency of the focused beam used.

Thanks for your post my friend and take Care.

On 12/6/2020 at 3:27 AM, acute said:

I've never been sure about this story.

Surely, focused RF at microwave wavelengths would heat you up well before it does any permanent damage.

If it was strong enough, it would boil your eyeballs!  Not exactly a clandestine weapon.

No it would not heat you up at all. All it would take is exposure to a focused low intensity beam over extended periods of time. The only way it heat you up, it if a high intensity focused beams was used on you and it that case it would also create injuries to your skin while it was damaging your Brain. This type of use would not be something that would used if they wanted to effect as many people as possible.

To do that a wide angle low intensity beam would be much more effective over long periods of time. High intensity focused beams would be used on a battle field, becuase you would not be concerned about the obvious effects of one of these weapons. The strength and intensity of these weapons is determined by many factors, but I can say without doubt that larger weapons of this type would allow the operator to increase or decrease the intensity by simply turn a knob.

Dont be fooled my friend these weapons do exist, and even the US has perfected this technology..

Take Care.

I find it REALLY hard to envisage a weapon that could use microwave energy to target somebody in an embassy - or hotel - environment. 

Such a weapon would have to be able to penetrate walls, (but not TOO many walls) and would be focusable such that it only effects the targeted individual (and not people in the down-axis adjacent rooms). 

How could you aim such a weapon when you couldn't see the target ? 

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Like 1

They, whoever they may be, should weaponise the brown note.

2 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

They, whoever they may be, should weaponise the brown note.

The 'brown note' is just a hypothesis that has never been demonstrated in practice. 

1 hour ago, RoofGardener said:

I find it REALLY hard to envisage a weapon that could use microwave energy to target somebody in an embassy - or hotel - environment. 

Such a weapon would have to be able to penetrate walls, (but not TOO many walls) and would be focusable such that it only effects the targeted individual (and not people in the down-axis adjacent rooms). 

How could you aim such a weapon when you couldn't see the target ? 

In the case of the embassy in Cuba,

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/cuban-embassy-staff-had-concussion-injuries-doctors-say-n848291

Here is something for you to chew on my brother, there is not a lot here but, what is important is that they admit the weapons exist. However, its intersting to note they do not discuss the use of these weapons on Humans, I saw weapons like this tested in 1999, and I discussed in a post above. When I saw the weapons tests they were direct at animals, so they were testing the effects on living creatures, for more information see the links I have provided below>

Directed Energy Portfolio: Radio Frequency/High Powered Microwave  April 2, 2018

https://jnlwp.defense.gov/Press-Room/Fact-Sheets/Article-View-Fact-sheets/Article/1482298/directed-energy-portfolio-radio-frequencyhigh-powered-microwave/

Dept. of Defense Non-Lethal Weapons Program

https://jnlwp.defense.gov/Portals/50/Documents/Press_Room/Fact_Sheets/NLWDEWPf_FS_RF-HPM_Mar18.pdf

Edited by Manwon Lender

The links you give are for hypothetical systems that don't exist ? And they target large objects - such as vehicles or ships - rather than individuals. 

12 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

The links you give are for hypothetical systems that don't exist ? And they target large objects - such as vehicles or ships - rather than individuals. 

Ok partner you carry on with your beliefs frankly it doesnt matter me what you choose to believe I saw these and a shoulder fired version the size of an RPG Rocket launcher tested in 1999 in the United States on living Animals just like I described in the link to my previous post. The information I supplied from the department of defense was dated 2018, and since the weaponized versions I saw used in 1999 very not only effective but also deadly depending upon the strength / power of the focused beam used. Those weapons are not at all hypothetical they exist, in the US Arsenal and like I said you can believe whatever you choose, I will not respond again on this subject.

Take care my friend, and I hope you are recovering well from your previous health issue.

1 hour ago, RoofGardener said:

And what effect did this weapon have on the animals ? 

Since you asked nicely I will go back on not responding to this thread.:D First let me explain why i was involved in the first place, my Military background was in Nuclear, Chemical and Biological warfare. I was sent to gather data on the effects of these weapons on living creatures, so that I could write a Standard Operating Procedure ( SOP ) on the effects of Nonionizing Radiation and also develop methods that could be used to protect military personnel if these weapons were used in a time of war. 

Like I said in the post I made, the tests were carried out starting at 250 meters going out to 2000 meters. The effects of these weapons would vary depending upon the frequency that was used during the focused transmission. The weapons that were tested were Microwave emitters and they would depending the upon the frequency that was used would cause tissue burns to complete incapacitation. At lower frequencies they would cause the animals to lose bladder and bowel control, in addition to vomiting, a lack of ability to stand / keep their balance, and it would also effect the animals vision depending if it was facing the focused beam.

At higher frequencies it would cause tissue burns, including obvious damage to the eyes, along with all the other symptoms that where caused at lower frequencies. At the maximum frequency I saw used that day, it caused death from massive tissue burns and expansion of the animals abdominal area, I suspect that internal organs were effected which caused massive internal bleeding or even possible causing internal organs to burst. However, I never did receive autopsy results for my SOP and it really did not matter anyway, I was never involved in the medical aspect, my only mission was to fine methods that could be used to protect personnel and to determine the effective range of those weapons.  

When I the day was finished I gathered my results and flew home to start further research on methods that could be used to protect our soldiers. That was the last time I heard about these weapons, and I did not even think about it until the attack on US Embassy personnel in Cuba and about similar attacks that targeted US personnel in Europe.

Now Like I said you can disregard everything I have said, or you can keep an open mind and wait and see what the future is going to bring. Because I can guaranty you without any doubt, now these weapons have been used effectively against people what has happened so far is only the beginning. I know for certain the worst is yet to come.

Take care my friend, and like I said I hope your feeling better!!:tu: 

Here are some additional links I did not include before:

Human Effects Modeling Analysis Program  https://jnlwp.defense.gov/Press-Room/Fact-Sheets/Article-View-Fact-sheets/Article/1789371/human-effects-modeling-analysis-program/

Non-Lethal Human Effects Fact Sheet

https://jnlwp.defense.gov/Press-Room/Fact-Sheets/Article-View-Fact-sheets/Article/577996/non-lethal-human-effects-fact-sheet/

Directed Energy: Sound and Light Technology

https://jnlwp.defense.gov/Press-Room/Fact-Sheets/Article-View-Fact-sheets/Article/1574157/directed-energy-sound-and-light-technology/

Joint Non-Lethal Weapons Directed Energy Portfolio Overview

https://jnlwp.defense.gov/Press-Room/Fact-Sheets/Article-View-Fact-sheets/Article/1576757/joint-non-lethal-weapons-directed-energy-portfolio-overview/

Intermediate Force Capabilities Education

https://jnlwp.defense.gov/Non-Lethal-Weapons-Education/

NATO renews pledge to strengthen training on International Humanitarian Law

https://jnlwp.defense.gov/Press-Room/In-The-News/Article/2056759/nato-renews-pledge-to-strengthen-training-on-international-humanitarian-law/

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 2

AOK.. interesting. But did you see these weapons fired through walls or windows ? And just how 'focused' where they ? Could they really have picked out - say - a single rabbit in a bunch of rabbits, or hurt one rabbit without hurting the ones behind it ? 

My argument against this 'microwave weapon' concept is not that such a thing could be created, but that it couldn't be 'focussed' to impact a single individual, especially when that individual is in a multiple-occupancy building. Nor could it work over distance though a wall or window

To use the Cuban incident as an illustration. The  people effected lived in the embassy. This building was many hundreds of meters from any adjacent building. If the weapon was in one of the adjacent buildings, it would have to 'fire' across an air gap of hundreds of meters, go through a wall (or window), hit the target.. and then go no further.

Edited by RoofGardener

9 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

AOK.. interesting. But did you see these weapons fired through walls or windows ? And just how 'focused' where they ? Could they really have picked out - say - a single rabbit in a bunch of rabbits, or hurt one rabbit without hurting the ones behind it ? 

My argument against this 'microwave weapon' concept is not that such a thing could be created, but that it couldn't be 'focussed' to impact a single individual, especially when that individual is in a multiple-occupancy building. Nor could it work over distance though a wall or window

To use the Cuban incident as an illustration. The  people effected lived in the embassy. This building was many hundreds of meters from any adjacent building. If the weapon was in one of the adjacent buildings, it would have to 'fire' across an air gap of hundreds of meters, go through a wall (or window), hit the target.. and then go no further.

That's what a MASER is.  But, like you, I question the penetration through various materials. And, if you're increasing the frequency you're heading towards the visible light range.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Like I said in my post above I saw animals targeted out to 2000 meters, and I saw both high and low frequency demonstrations at that distance. Trust me I saw a Goat at that distance that was severely burned and dead from one of the weapons. Another thing I did not mention because I just remember it, the weapons were also tested in a pulse mode. During this test, the weapon would charge up and fire a pulse of energy and then power down and seconds late fire another pulse. As far as these weapons being focused, the shoulder fired weapon I spoke about in a previous post, had an aperture on the front that could make the opening smaller of larger by turning right or left. This weapon was certainly designed to produce a very focused beam for use as a battlefield force multiplier.

@RoofGardener As far as targeting a single person inside a building, I agree that would be very difficult, but I would not say it is impossible because I dont know enough about the subject because my only exposure to this technology was 20 years ago. Now keeping that in mind and how effective the weapons were back then, I can only imagine the technology is light years beyond what I witnessed. But, I have given it some though, and with the advanced optics that are being used today where you can literally see through a wall and pick up thermal images of individual people inside, in conjunction with this technology it could be very possible to target a single person inside a building, since the technology used to see through walls is also a device that uses Radio Wave!!

Radio wave technology developed by MIT to see through walls, has been developed and it actually being used:  https://www.wired.com/story/forget-x-ray-vision-you-can-see-through-walls-with-radio/

Directed-energy weapon :https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Directed-energy_weapon#:~:text=A directed-energy weapon (DEW) is a ranged weapon,that target personnel%2C missiles%2C vehicles%2C and optical devices.

What's a microwave weapon and is the Havana Syndrome real :https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-10-23/what-is-microwaves-weapon-and-is-the-havana-syndrome-real/12803172 

CIA officer suffered crippling symptoms in Moscow. Was it 'Havana Syndrome'? 12/07/2020 Article here is another one, where a Pulse Microwave weapon is suspected to be the cause:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/cia-officer-suffered-crippling-symptoms-moscow-was-it-havana-syndrome-n1250177

Eavesdropping Through a Wall, here is the answer to your question @RoofGardener this how these weapon project there energy into a building.

Take Care my friend, but we can agree to disagree on this subject, no harm in that!:tu:

Thanks for the research, @Manwon Lender. It's worth noting, however, that all of them - whilst discussing the theory of an actual weapon, are quick to point out the practical difficulties in actually using one, and state that so far as anyone knows, none have been successfully used in an urban environment. (the difficulties - and uncertainties - of directing  a beam through walls, floors or windows such that the beam is still effective, are mentioned). 

I think we will have to agree to disagree on this one. Something odd seems to have happened to various American and Canadian diplomats and intelligence agents, but I'd be very surprised if it was down to a directed energy weapon. 

Edited by RoofGardener

20 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Thanks for the research, @Manwon Lender. It's worth noting, however, that all of them - whilst discussing the theory of an actual weapon, are quick to point out the practical difficulties in actually using one, and state that so far as anyone knows, none have been successfully used in an urban environment. (the difficulties - and uncertainties - of directing  a beam through walls, floors or windows such that the beam is still effective, are mentioned). 

I think we will have to agree to disagree on this one. Something odd seems to have happened to various American and Canadian diplomats and intelligence agents, but I'd be very surprised if it was down to a directed energy weapon. 

Your welcome to your opinion, and the research really wasn't for you anyway that would have been a waste of time because you really never read the information posted anyway. You have your mind made up when you first comment in any thread you post in and you repeat this behavior over and over again!!:) So in reality the information I posted from the beginning was not never for you, it was for other people who will see this thread, read the articles and approach things with an open mind!:)

Take care my friend!! 

Would you like me to disect the relevant sections of your 'research' ? :D 

15 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Would you like me to disect the relevant sections of your 'research' ? :D 

Like I said in my last post to you, I am really not concerned with what  you do. Like I said when you post to thread you do so with a preconceived opinion. You dont offer anything to support you opinion, all you do is follow that opinion and attempt to subvert and destroy anything that doesn't fit your opinion. While not offering proof your opinion is valid is bad enough, you move forward and try to carry on a discussion without even reading information that is supplied .

I would love to have a discussion with you, hell I like you, but the way you approach these discussions is toxic and it prevents any real discussion from occurring. Discussions are based upon information supplies to the discuss both pro and Con, the information is what is designed to be discussed not an opinion.

Take Care my friend

Edited by Manwon Lender