Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghosts Of The Manson Murders

Dustyrose33

What?

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Dustyrose33 said:

But do the spirits of the murdered still remain?

No...sorry i dont believe so, opinions vary.

In my belief all spirits are pure and go to their final destination. The residual evil energy of the events may stay and be felt though,I don't know why.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, openozy said:

In my belief all spirits are pure and go to their final destination. The residual evil energy of the events may stay and be felt though,I don't know why.

That's probably why one reason the house was torn down in 1994, too much negative energy remained.   Those were some horrific crimes commited there.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Dustyrose33 said:

That's probably why one reason the house was torn down in 1994, too much negative energy remained.   Those were some horrific crimes commited there.

Imnsho the idea of "negative energy" is a construct of a persons mind not as in this case a place itself

Far too many places with horrific crimes have decades of people living there who experiencing nothing. IE amity house, seems only folks wanting attention profits or both made claims of issues there.

The lady who sold us this joint had neighbors devided, some believed her claims other believed she was looney a few thought both, he beliefs gave us a killer deal on the place that she had basically had gotten to the point she wouldnt live in.

• Like 1

I find this ghost story amusing... it's one of those translocating legends, where once the original haunt isn't useful, the legend moves down the road. Not the most common, but it happens. 

The house while it was owned and rented from 69-94 wasn't particularly noted to have any ghost stories, just it's rep as a house where folks were murdered. But after time, the rep was enough and the notion of a bigger, newer home on the property was more desirable. It was demolished and a new house built in 96- it does not have a reputation, and it was finished before Mr. Omans house down the road was started, years before the plot of land was even bought.. so why wouldn't the ghosts be in the correct location in their own new house that was built when Mr. Omans was still just a plot of land?

Yeah, the ghosts just chilled till Mr. Oman started to build his house down the road- and moved down there to haunt the construction. How handy the legend moved down the road to the Oman property. 

• Like 4

Ghost Hunters with Jason Hawes and Grant Wilson were there. They did catch stuff, especially EVPs. You might have to search Youtube to  see if you can watch it.The EVPs(ghost voices were chilling) One of the spirit voices was obvisously in pain and suffering, probably one of the victims pleading for their lives and screaming.Ghost Adventures has been their too as well.

• Like 1

People were brutally murdered and yet all some people see is a way of making money and getting some fame.  Can we please let the victims rest in peace. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TashaMarie said:

People were brutally murdered and yet all some people see is a way of making money and getting some fame.  Can we please let the victims rest in peace. 

This would also need to apply towards every supposed haunting. 

8 hours ago, XenoFish said:

This would also need to apply towards every supposed haunting. 

Not every but alot and I still feel it is disrespectful and disgusting to use someone's murder in this way.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TashaMarie said:

Not every but alot and I still feel it is disrespectful and disgusting to use someone's murder in this way.  

Of course. What's worse is completely false paranormal claims. It's bad enough to keep an urban legend up that's disrespectful to the dead. It's worse to sucker in people on a false claim. Opportunist gonna look for an opportunity. 

2 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Of course. What's worse is completely false paranormal claims. It's bad enough to keep an urban legend up that's disrespectful to the dead. It's worse to sucker in people on a false claim. Opportunist gonna look for an opportunity. 

And people are going to buy the crap they are selling.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Well, I don't think I'm going to delve on this subject matter a lot in the future, even though like others I've found information about the crime and trial interesting.   However, recently after reading about the ordeal and the people involved, for two nights in a row some kind of weird things happened in my apt. and so I don't feel comfortable paying too much attention to it.   They weren't major things.

Edited by Dustyrose33
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, TashaMarie said:

And people are going to buy the crap they are selling.

There was a fairly obnoxious fellow would come here trying to get attention for his badly written book about some haunted joint that iirc the new owners had zero issues with, so yeah, i guess people do buy crap, art of the deal sold very well.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Opportunist gonna look for an opportunity

Enter the warrens ( RIP ) made a great living off duping people.