Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mystery illness hospitalizes 200 in India

UM-Bot

well welcome to the new normal, somewhere in the world there will be a new unknown illness popping up. Thanks climate change.

• Like 2

So this is concerning me. This exact list of symptoms just happened to a friend at my house the day before last. I thought he was dead, but he came back around and the hospital said it was just dehydration (a very odd sudden acute case?) Then today my brother in law went down too. His seemed more like a stroke, but again the hospital cant find any problem and will release him in a few hours. Another lady at the place my sister works had the same occurrence. They said just be careful. Careful of what though none of them exerted themselves or anything or know what exactly to be careful of. Something weird is going on this has been a very very common story in the past couple days.

Edited by Nnicolette
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, godnodog said:

Thanks climate change.

It's a mystery to the doctors working directly with it.  By what logic do you attribute the cause to climate change?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Big Jim said:

It's a mystery to the doctors working directly with it.  By what logic do you attribute the cause to climate change?

I was not attributing this specific case to climate change, as I do not know if it can be attributed to CC,  but I was addressing that scientists have been warning that climate change will cause the appearence of new illness, and that pandemics might become recurrent.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A report by India’s top medical body has indicated heavy metal poisoning as the probable cause.

Traces of lead and nickel were found in blood samples of 10 patients.

However, the source of contamination is yet to be determined.

Full article at Time mag: Link

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

India: nearly zero environmental protection, dirty drinking water, industrial waste water going into a river near by and no occupational safety measure

Eluru: a lot of industry, including biotechnology companies like Pfizer and Dr. Reddies

A scientist at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) revealed that nickel was found in milk samples collected in Eluru town.

“Presence of nickel in the milk samples is something which is warning us. It should not be present in the milk samples. It’s alarming,” Avr Mohan, the medical superintendent of District Hospital Eluru, told Al Jazeera in a phone interview.

Mohan, who is also the district coordinator of health services, said scientists were yet to find out why metal was found in milk samples but there was a chance it may have come from pesticides.

Full report at Al Jazeera: Link

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...