Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Cyberpunk 2077 can induce epileptic seizures

Eldorado

CD Projekt Red's highly awaited title Cyberpunk 2077 features epileptic triggers, Game Informer warned.

In a PSA published yesterday, the publication's associate editor Liana Ruppert reported use of red and blue glitch effects as well as rapid white and red blinking LEDs in the game, which can be a trigger for epileptic players like herself.

"A common trigger for epileptics in media are rapid blinking lights, specifically of the red and white variety," Ruppert explained.

"During my time with Cyberpunk 2077, I suffered one major seizure and felt several moments where I was close to another one."

Full report at Games Industry: Link

Edited by Eldorado

1 hour ago, razman said:

Most all games have blinking lights and other effects.

Exactly, why are people already throwing **** at a unreleased game? We live in a cancel culture era so it's expected.
Most games have seizure warnings but it's understandable to want to bash on the most hyped game to get easy $clicks$ on their crappy clickbait articles.

anybody playing cyberpunk 2077 - seeing pretty poor reviews - sadly looks the the company have dropped one here. 

On 12/14/2020 at 7:26 PM, RAyMO said:

anybody playing cyberpunk 2077 - seeing pretty poor reviews - sadly looks the the company have dropped one here. 

It is because people rush games and gaming companies rush their development. But I trust CD Projekt Red will apply all the necessary fixes in time. I do remember Witcher 3 had its own share of problems on launch, and look how it turned out in the end.

I will continue with my own strategy of never buying a big name game on release but rather 2-3 months after. It saves you painful headaches and sums of money as the prices usually go down.

• Like 2

Just disregard the real time ray tracing settings and everything will be fine... 

If they hadn't had kow towed to Nvidia, the game would've been released years ago... 

~

• Like 1

On 12/15/2020 at 3:26 AM, RAyMO said:

I am.. the problem is they released the promo for the game showing what it was like on a higher end machine.. or the new xbox or ps5..

when most people do not have those.. 

I've been playing it on a xbox one s.. graphics are substandard.. there are a few glitches.. but in all honesty.. its a pretty good game.. I finished one ending last night.. will keep playing to finish all the others (yeah ok.. have been known to be a bit of a trophy hunter at times)..

honest break down time.

game play 4/10 - once they patch the bugs that people are having I would throw it up to a 8/10

graphics 4/10 - again.. if they patch it to run better on the older gen consoles etc.. it would go up to a 8 to 9/10

story line 7/10 - pretty good story line.. though I do have a couple of issues but its a personal preference.. 

believability - 6/10 - this world is a greenies night mare.. trash everywhere.. most animal life gone.. unlike fallout 76 when you go out into the wilderness.. its barren.. fallout 76 had green trees everywhere.. they have gone out of the way to create a pure dystopian world.. ground level is seedy those who are rich live the life in tall towers..

game characters - 9/10.. honestly the back ground characters that you interact with are well done.. same as the main ones ( and keanu reeves.. his slant is bloody brilliant)

so I would advise to wait before buying it.. let them fix the problems first.. once they do.. if you like these style of games I would recommend it 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, DingoLingo said:

I am.. the problem is they released the promo for the game showing what it was like on a higher end machine.. or the new xbox or ps5..

when most people do not have those.. 

I've been playing it on a xbox one s.. graphics are substandard.. there are a few glitches.. but in all honesty.. its a pretty good game.. I finished one ending last night.. will keep playing to finish all the others (yeah ok.. have been known to be a bit of a trophy hunter at times)..

honest break down time.

game play 4/10 - once they patch the bugs that people are having I would throw it up to a 8/10

graphics 4/10 - again.. if they patch it to run better on the older gen consoles etc.. it would go up to a 8 to 9/10

story line 7/10 - pretty good story line.. though I do have a couple of issues but its a personal preference.. 

believability - 6/10 - this world is a greenies night mare.. trash everywhere.. most animal life gone.. unlike fallout 76 when you go out into the wilderness.. its barren.. fallout 76 had green trees everywhere.. they have gone out of the way to create a pure dystopian world.. ground level is seedy those who are rich live the life in tall towers..

game characters - 9/10.. honestly the back ground characters that you interact with are well done.. same as the main ones ( and keanu reeves.. his slant is bloody brilliant)

so I would advise to wait before buying it.. let them fix the problems first.. once they do.. if you like these style of games I would recommend it 

Thanks for the review. I have been hearing of several having already finished the campaign. Is it really that short? Or are there an ample amount of side-quests like in the Witcher?

1 hour ago, Picturesque Orion said:

Thanks for the review. I have been hearing of several having already finished the campaign. Is it really that short? Or are there an ample amount of side-quests like in the Witcher?

it is quicker than witcher.. there are a lot of side quests.. if you just go the main you would finish it in less than a week.. 

I am waiting for someone to do a game with the length of play that Skyrim has.. that one can take months to do every single quest.. 

When a company spends nearly a decade developing the most overhyped and underwhelming video game of the year, the failure has many fathers.

Granted, with more than 8 million pre-orders, Cyberpunk 2077 had already turned a profit for Polish developer CD Projekt, the company behind the juggernaut Witcher video game series.

But the December 10 release of Cyberpunk 2077 soon became a disaster of Fyre Festival proportions.

Not only does the game perform terribly on last-gen consoles such PS4 and Xbox One, but there are also countless bugs—including basic game development fails that make walking, talking, and shooting difficult.

Most hilariously, the customizable genitalia for the character V causes penises to fall out of his (or her) pants.

Full article at Forbes magazine: Link

On 12/16/2020 at 6:00 PM, Nuclear Wessel said:

It certainly induced an overwhelming sense of disappointment from me. :(

Same. I requested a refund through PSN. I'll wait until the ps5 version releases.