Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Who misses that windows 7 look?

fabsx

Today I remembered that I miss the way windows 7 looked so I decided to install some software to make my windows 10 look more similar to windows 7.

This is how windows 7 looks:

Windows-7-Torrent.jpg?fit=1279,799&ssl=1

So I tried to copy it using Open-Shell(free and open-source software) and this is how my windows 10 looks now:

eEw-AO4e117Ydt0M4sW-L_FORAh4f9L8l9eBB-wW

kind of a dark version though

I followed this guide: 

https://www.howtogeek.com/277448/how-to-make-windows-10-look-and-act-more-like-windows-7/

Edited by Eon
  • Like 2

As far as windows goes I miss version 3 from the 80's  Anything after that is buggy crap, and every update changes menus and the way certain things work.  That's why I have a Mac and an iPhone.

2 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

As far as windows goes I miss version 3 from the 80's  Anything after that is buggy crap, and every update changes menus and the way certain things work.  That's why I have a Mac and an iPhone.

which mac?

2 minutes ago, Eon said:

which mac?

I just bought a new Macbook pro.  The old one still works except for the enter key, since I bought it in 2009 I figured it was time to update.  The old one works with an external keyboard though so I really didn't need to update.  I don't know anyone who uses Microsoft OS that can say that.  All the software I have installed over the years still works without problems.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Desertrat56 said:

I just bought a new Macbook pro.  The old one still works except for the enter key, since I bought it in 2009 I figured it was time to update.  The old one works with an external keyboard though so I really didn't need to update.  I don't know anyone who uses Microsoft OS that can say that.  All the software I have installed over the years still works without problems.

I do plan on buying the new macbooks with the m1 chip

• Like 1

I used W7 for many years and when I configurated my new computer (W10) a few weeks ago the first software I installed was OpenShell and O&O ShutUp10.

:yes:

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

I know right?!  So...I bought a Windows computer way back when...I was fairly new to computers and I told a friend who was an electrical engineer that I had just bought a computer and was going to hook it up when I got home.  He said, Take it back...don't open anything...take it back tell them you want Macintosh/Apple...

...then he started telling me why...he said that Windows has like tens of thousands of files and they crash all the time while Apple only had ...I think he said...3.

But...no...I hooked up my Windows and have been using Windows ever since and I regret the day I didn't just take it back and say...uh...well...yeah...I want Apple.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, joc said:

I know right?!  So...I bought a Windows computer way back when...I was fairly new to computers and I told a friend who was an electrical engineer that I had just bought a computer and was going to hook it up when I got home.  He said, Take it back...don't open anything...take it back tell them you want Macintosh/Apple...

...then he started telling me why...he said that Windows has like tens of thousands of files and they crash all the time while Apple only had ...I think he said...3.

But...no...I hooked up my Windows and have been using Windows ever since and I regret the day I didn't just take it back and say...uh...well...yeah...I want Apple.

I figured out that if I had bought windows OS computer 11 years ago I would have spent more money than I did on my Macbook because I would have had to replace it 2 or three times in 11 years.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 1

I miss Windows 98se.  The 'wild west' days when one minute you could be looking at boobies, for research purposes, and the next you have 3,000 browser windows open.  lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Eldorado said:

I miss Windows 98se.  The 'wild west' days when one minute you could be looking at boobies, for research purposes, and the next you have 3,000 browser windows open.  lol

I didn't realize that you were into Ornithology.

booby-bird-bra.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...