Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Another monolith found - this time in Texas

Still Waters

The latest in the series of monoliths found around the world has appeared in El Paso, Texas.

The structure appeared in a car park near The Substation, a food, shopping and entertainment complex on the west side in El Paso's Upper Valley, local media said.

Video from a livestream posted on Twitter appeared to show the monolith emitting a hollow sound when struck, suggesting it was light in weight, or, as described in the video, "not sturdy at all".

https://news.sky.com/story/another-monolith-found-this-time-in-el-paso-texas-12155680

• Like 2

With    so many of these knocking around, I'm not sure the term 'Monolith' is appropriate. 

Perhaps they should be called 'Polyliths' ? 

• Like 4

NASA Photos Show Utah Monolith On Mars

https://www.smobserved.com/story/2020/12/04/news/nasa-photos-show-utah-monolith-on-mars-martian-moon-phobos/5086.html

Apparently the silver Monolith discovered in Utah's Red Rock desert is part of a family of monoliths, distributed throughout our Solar System by another civilization for some unknown purpose.

:alien:

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

With    so many of these knocking around, I'm not sure the term 'Monolith' is appropriate. 

Sorry I'd start with stop calling them "mysterious".

• Like 3

Why are we shocked by this? People are unemployed and there's nothing to do outside of the house. Why not have a few beers and put something like this up to **** with people? It's harmless fun and it gives you a project.

• Like 4

Anyone who thinks these are the work of aliens is a moron and might also be into Qanon, trumpism, etc.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, InconceivableThoughts said:

Sorry I'd start with stop calling them "mysterious".

Also, sorry to be pedantic, but monolith means 'one stone'. They are made of steel. It'd be more accurate to call them columns or posts. That's really been bothering me, lol.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Seti42 said:

Also, sorry to be pedantic, but monolith means 'one stone'. They are made of steel. It'd be more accurate to call them columns or posts. That's really been bothering me, lol.

Fair , but what's been bothering me is how much attention their getting...smh

Edited by InconceivableThoughts
  • Like 2

On 12/10/2020 at 3:21 PM, RoofGardener said:

Monoliths are made of stone, anyway!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, acute said:

Monoliths are made of stone, anyway!

True. 

I'd better avoid the vexing issues of Obelisks !!! 

• Haha 3

Monoliths, crop circles...

All made to attract attention, and drive the gullible nuts.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Mystery Monolith Found in Texas

January 12, 2021

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/national-international/mystery-monolith-found-in-fort-worth/2826147/

Its straight sides appear similar to one discovered in the Utah desert, one in California and another in Romania at the end of 2020. Like those structures, it’s unknown how it got there. The monolith, which appears to be about 10 feet tall, is in Fort Worth near Interstate 30 and Beach Street on the Trinity Trail, and it's already gaining attention on social media. NBC 5 reached out to the City of Fort Worth, but they tell us they were unaware it was there.