Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Please Get Vaccinated For Covid -19

pallidin

11 hours ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

At this point I'm convinced that you're just being willfully ignorant towards this vaccine.

Not at all. Both of my Oncologists told me exactly what I concluded on my own. There is no data to support taking it when you have had cancer treatments. No idea if it could negatively affect me. It has only been tested on mainly healthy people. When those trials happen, and that data is collected, we can decide at that time.

I have 1 option for my treatment. Keytruda. If it does not work, my next option would be clinical trials. I have, with my Doctors gone over many of these extensively, and gone over how they work. I signed my life away to Merck, to be used in their statistic numbers. I am a "trial" with success or failure rates of Keytruda.

Merck has the industry's largest immuno-oncology clinical research program. There are currently more than 1,200 trials studying KEYTRUDA across a wide variety of cancers and treatment settings.

Considering my next option would be trials, and this scared the **** out of me, I have educated myself on them left and right, up and down. I also have, and will participate in more, paid surveys where I am part of a medical teams interviews. Phone, and webex, on trials, and treatments.

Pretty sure I am not ignorant on how all of this works. I really do not care who gets it, or who does not. Each persons choice. I am not trying to talk anyone out of it, I have just stated why I am not, and why I would not if healthy. (hopefully I am healthy)

Edited by Sakari
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, joc said:

Do  you  e v e r  see your own hypocrisy?

Talk about Narcissistic!  Good god! 

Doesn't really sound like preaching to me.  Sounds more like a bit of enlightenment going on.

Self-awareness 13Bats...  S e  l  f   awareness.  Nothing narcissistic about that.  :no:

Nice trolling...

Thanks for sharing Your "opinion", then again youre pretty narcissistic on here yourself :tu:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A

1 hour ago, Sakari said:

Pretty sure I am not ignorant on how all of this works. I really do not care who gets it, or who does not. Each persons choice. I am not trying to talk anyone out of it, I have just stated why I am not, and why I would not if healthy. (hopefully I am healthy)

Coming From the heart, have you considered the negative effects of how upset you get on here affects your situation, if you feel you get more out of arguing than it costs you then i understand and respect it, my nerves dont work that way.

Im not telling anyone to vax or even mask or take other precautions thats for each person to do their own thinking and make up their own minds whats right for them,  it is different for each person, even though precautions do help something is better than nothing.

im admittedly burnt out over the ego driven spewing of some that only their way is the right way, preaching belittling to not to do this or that to others while at the same time they preach think for ones self,

then let people think for themselves even if their opinion is different to yours, doesnt matter to me if you dont mask for political statements or because it interferes with your on the fly selfies or fogs up your glasses if you dont want to do it dont no condesending lecture needed.

I empathize with your situation i hope you do get better with the cancer and beat it and if you dont want the covid vax dont get it and in your case you likely arent exposing others to covid but some who dont take precautions dont care who they expose and thats just nasty low.

Anyway, after trump shuffled on i moved on from politics and i do believe ill move on from covid discussions too unless something new and interesting is posted.

Discussion is great not the endless bating to argue.

Have a good one, Peace all.

Cheers

b

2 hours ago, the13bats said:

Nice trolling...

Thanks for sharing Your "opinion", then again youre pretty narcissistic on here yourself :tu:

And dumb. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, the13bats said:

A

Coming From the heart, have you considered the negative effects of how upset you get on here affects your situation, if you feel you get more out of arguing than it costs you then i understand and respect it, my nerves dont work that way.

Im not telling anyone to vax or even mask or take other precautions thats for each person to do their own thinking and make up their own minds whats right for them,  it is different for each person, even though precautions do help something is better than nothing.

im admittedly burnt out over the ego driven spewing of some that only their way is the right way, preaching belittling to not to do this or that to others while at the same time they preach think for ones self,

then let people think for themselves even if their opinion is different to yours, doesnt matter to me if you dont mask for political statements or because it interferes with your on the fly selfies or fogs up your glasses if you dont want to do it dont no condesending lecture needed.

I empathize with your situation i hope you do get better with the cancer and beat it and if you dont want the covid vax dont get it and in your case you likely arent exposing others to covid but some who dont take precautions dont care who they expose and thats just nasty low.

Anyway, after trump shuffled on i moved on from politics and i do believe ill move on from covid discussions too unless something new and interesting is posted.

Discussion is great not the endless bating to argue.

Have a good one, Peace all.

Cheers

b

I do not get upset at all. This is just a forum, just as Facebook is just a social media platform. Politics was triggering me pretty damn good though. Not so much one side or the other, but just the division.

This has a division also. But. I am not trying to tell anyone what to do. I was just posting my experience with trials, and knowing how they work. As a matter of fact, in the last 3 hours 2 things happened to me. I was offered another "interview" for a pharmaceutical company on cancer treatments. $250.00 to talk with some Doctors, and whomever else. I was also called from work, and they were offering me the first vaccine for Covid they have received. Was nice of them. I let them know my circunstances, and did suggest calling more at risk people.

I am not sure why you think I am upset, or that I am trying to tell people not to take it. People can go suck on a crack pipe for all I care. Not my life. I am pretty blunt when I respond, and I am that way in "real life" also. I am horrible at sugar coating, or not being honest. It either gets me respect, or gets people upset. And, I could really care less on that either. It is honorable to be honest, and speak our minds. If people can not handle it, that is their issue, not mine.

Here is something I had said already. Politics, Corona, and religion. Causing nothing but division and fighting. Can not really have any discussions without people getting upset. I do get p***ed when people keyboard warrior. I have always hated that. So, yes, that will make me a bit angry. But, I just call someone out, give them my phone number, and offer to talk about it over a beer, if they are withing 500 or so miles of me. Call it childish, I call it integrity.

I never said my way is the only way. I have said my situation, yes, my way is the right way, for me.

On Facebook I have unfollowed anyone that posts any of this, and my Newsfeed is nothing but positive things. Pretty nice the last 2 months. Not sure why I got into these discussions, when I took myself out of them on other platforms. Not even sure why all of us are so wired to "be right", or just have to have people understand our opinions. To the point we are arguing and fighting. Sad really.

I think if social media, and even mobile phones, other than talking, could be shut down for 6 months, the world would become a better place. I truly do. Technology is killing us off. Greed is strong, and honesty is gone. I guess that is another topic.

Anyway. I have not been mad, or upset over this discussion at all. In a way, it is entertainment. I truly laugh at a lot of this. It has no negative effect on me at all. I can easily turn it off. I did for the last 5 years. And, soon, will be again. Riding season will be here. And, I have posted a lot from work. I should be getting busier.

Negativity has no room in my life. My last almost 3 years, I have lived life like I never have. I have ridden across 13 states since June. I have gone on 8 "bucket list" rides. Yellowstone, Glacier, Ozarks, South Dakota. Just to name a few. 4 more months and the Smoky Mountains.

This stuff here. It is just something to pass the time. None of us really know each other. I do have a hand full of people I do consider close here. Because I have invested about 12 years in this forum. A few of them I have on FB, so they know the real me there.

Anyway. I am out also. Not upset, not mad, not angry. No negative vibes coming in either. If I post something, I have forgotten about it until I see a notice. I have better things going on than this, by far.

You take care also.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, the13bats said:

Nice trolling...

Not trolling...I think that's what you call quoting someone for the express person of denigrating them...which is what you did to @LightAngel.  I just called you out on it.  Man up Bud! :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Sakari said:

I do not get upset at all. This is just a forum, just as Facebook is just a social media platform. Politics was triggering me pretty damn good though. Not so much one side or the other, but just the division <snip> ( for length )

I was lumping your posts i recall from any subject and it seemed you get very upset my mistake,

And the rest wasnt directed at you, just in general.

1 minute ago, the13bats said:

I was lumping your posts i recall from any subject and it seemed you get very upset my mistake,

And the rest wasnt directed at you, just in general.

It is all good. I think I have a ****ty way of getting my point across lately. About a month through the last 4 months on FB. Yes. The crap there was triggering me big time. Bad. That is why I pretty much dropped a Nuke on it.

And, I have pointed out here as few times the "keyboard warrioring" I have seen all over the place. Not to me, just reading.

People are just so on edged anymore. I blame Dr. Spock for all of this.It started there :)

4 minutes ago, joc said:

Not trolling...I think that's what you call quoting someone for the express person of denigrating them...which is what you did to @LightAngel.  I just called you out on it.  Man up Bud! :)

Man up? Called me out? you make me feel like im in middle school, whats with you and flame baiting? You get so darn wound up in trying to put a person in their place.  You often quote people for the purpose of denigrating them and you go on way long winded diatribes i guess to hear yourself talk because you seem to always get it handed to you.

actually certain people here make a lot of very narcissistic condesending posts, post their opinions on a public forum and i post mine, it happens, get over it.

And unless you also considered LAs remark as being narcissistic you wouldnt have assumed that just because i quoted her that my generic reply was in fact directed at her and not an "in general " reply, You are the only one getting unhinged over it

Now tell me to man up again or whatever you feel makes you superior. But try to get past it, if you can.

14 minutes ago, Sakari said:

It is all good. I think I have a ****ty way of getting my point across lately. About a month through the last 4 months on FB. Yes. The crap there was triggering me big time. Bad. That is why I pretty much dropped a Nuke on it.

And, I have pointed out here as few times the "keyboard warrioring" I have seen all over the place. Not to me, just reading.

People are just so on edged anymore. I blame Dr. Spock for all of this.It started there :)

I fully understand, 2020 was a sucks out loud year, as i said when the bad taste of trump was behind us i would leave the poilical sections and i have and i am going to move on from coivd sections too,

when people actually say and find it legitimate they refuse to take covid precautions to make political statements my IQ rheostat can only be turned down so far before the pilot light goes out.

I dont FB both mine and my wifes accounts are maxed out from friends as we use it to advertise shows which of course we didnt do any 2020 due to covid.

Dr spock? Hum, my mom had some baby book of his, since i never had offspring i never looked in it.

Have a good one :tu:

1 hour ago, the13bats said:

you make me feel like im in middle school

:yes:

Thread closed for moderator review.

• The topic was locked